Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Exactly. The President doesn't deserve a scintilla of respect and it has zero to do with politics. He's an unhinged wacko.

Unless you're a Trump cultist, you know the deal re. our idiot-in-chief.
    H I L L A R Y........L O S T ! Time to move on with life. That is what we conservatives did when Obama won in 2008 and 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    On first viewing it looks like a hollowed out, abandoned building, which is essentially what a parking garage is. Whether it's an abandoned building or a parking garage is not as important as the emotional effect the scene is meant to convey. The intent of the staged location is to make Detroit look desolate, and to give Eminem's rant more seriousness and solemnity because it comes from a desolate place.

A bigger question for me is what are the black males in the background supposed to represent? The camera pans over them several times and they look angry, menacing, and threatening. Ostensibly these are just the black males that don't like Trump. Are they going to attack Trump supporters? They aren't shown in such a way as if they are ready to engage in reasonable, political discourse. Eminem reveals it all when he concludes, "We hate Trump."
    Your honesty is refreshing. You think the black males "look angry, menacing, and threatening" when they are in fact just hip hop artist standing there listening to the man freestyle rap. They scared you so bad you didn't even know the cypher was shot in a parking deck. It does get to the root of the problem.

It will be ok.

They may not agree with you but they won't hurt you. No reason to live in so much fear, they are just like everyone else. If you dial down your fear it will let your other human emotions come into play and everything will smooth out and be alright.

Living in fear is not a good way to actually live and not so good for the ones you are afraid of. Try to control your fear and work on abating it. People different from you are not really that scary.

DetroitNightLights Guest

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Why do Eminem's words hold any relevance in the political arena ?
    Are they really "better" than some homeless guy in a box by the alley ?
    Just because someone has an inside edge on propagating a "voice"
    --- doesn't exactly mean their made up words have credibility.
    Why do anyone's words hold any relevance in the political arena? BET, the city news papers, and this website are good for their entertainment value or reach, but a few of those homeless people in the boxes by the alleys are the ones who really have a beat on the pulse of the city. There are some who might be a little crazy, but then there are those who are extremely intelligent. I used to love striking up conversations with these people. They get to talk to everybody in their wanderings and change collecting schemes. They are great at predicting a bunch of weird things, like sports outcomes, strange things about seasonal weather, which local businesses are going to close, local crime trends, local political scandals, and even if a recession is coming.

They usually aren't very political. They either are too busy to care or rejected the system outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Antifa....
    Ah, they have black skin, so they're violent thugs. Thanks for proving my point. They're literally just black men, standing there silently, and now they've been called "ANTIFA", "menacing", "threatening," "and implications made that they are violent.

This place sounds more and more like Storm Front every day.
    Last edited by aj3647; October-13-17 at 12:08 PM.

From today's Free Press:

Behind the scenes of Eminem's anti-Trump video in Detroit

... the hoodie-clad rapper and his crew managed to evade detection as the shoot rolled Friday afternoon in the nine-story garage at the corner of First and Fort streets....

"We hid him very quietly," says Terry Scott, manager of First Street Parking. Scott says he and his garage were enlisted because he's a cousin of rapper King Gordy, a longtime Eminem associate. He got the call three days before the Friday shoot....

The Eminem team was ushered in early Friday morning through a private back entrance on the deck's Congress Street side. From there they made their way to a wing on the eighth floor, setting up for a shoot that would start after 2 p.m., where Eminem was joined by 10 rapper colleagues including Royce da 5'9", Kid Vishis, new Shady Records signee Boogie and brothers Westside Gunn and Conway....

"We were able to block it off," Scott says of the eighth-floor scene. "Everything went well, and nobody even knew he was here."

The video session involved about eight or nine total takes, Scott says.

... Eagle-eyed local viewers may recognize DTE Energy's headquarters and Doubletree's Fort Shelby Hotel in the background.

'Cause you don't got the {fuckin'} nuts like an empty asylum
    That was pretty clever. Was that original or did he lift it from elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Ah, they have black skin, so they're violent thugs. Thanks for proving my point. They're literally just black men, standing there silently, and now they've been called "ANTIFA", "menacing", "threatening," "and implications made that they are violent.

This place sounds more and more like Storm Front every day.
    Welcome to non-"coastal elitist" white America.

Been to sprawl or rural America lately? Just saw a a giant "Trump 2016: Fuck your Feelings" sticker on a SUV driven by a granny with baby seats in the back. At least she's honest, but those poor grandkids. She would have been a loyal Nazi 70 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    H I L L A R Y........L O S T ! Time to move on with life. That is what we conservatives did when Obama won in 2008 and 2012.
    A. The planet is well aware that Hillary lost. Kennedy was assassinated too and Armstrong walked the Moon. Any more ridiculous non-sequiturs for today?

B. You aren't a conservative. Trump is the furthest thing from a Conservative. You're a Trump cultist, loyal to the bitter end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    A. The planet is well aware that Hillary lost. Kennedy was assassinated too and Armstrong walked the Moon. Any more ridiculous non-sequiturs for today?

B. You aren't a conservative. Trump is the furthest thing from a Conservative. You're a Trump cultist, loyal to the bitter end.
    You don't know me and you don't know anything about me. But I will lower myself to your level for a moment and play your childish name-calling game: You are a radical liberal cultist, loyal to the bitter end. You are an Antifa wannabe. You probably wept hysterically on election night and needed coloring books, a therapy dog, and a "safe space" to cuddle up in a blanket and melt down.

Now that I have spoken to you in the same way that you addressed me do you have the mental acuity to see how idiotic this business of name-calling and making blind assumptions is? Do you see that your histrionics accomplish nothing but to make you look foolish? Please do ponder that for a few moments.
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; October-14-17 at 11:37 AM.

Now draw a cartoon of Mohammed...
    Last edited by Pat001; October-16-17 at 10:22 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4