Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I adored Eminem's performance. I just thought the strings section a tad bit tinny. Theyahh.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    Where are all of the "enlightened" and "elite" lefties who were calling Kid Rock a dumb redneck who appropriates black culture on the Henderson/Kid Rock thread? Why aren't they calling Mathers out as a dumb thug wannabe who is appropriating black music?

The hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance on the left is so adorable.
    Eminem is accepted by black culture while Kid Rock is not, one big reason is that Eminem can actually rap. In my original comment the main thing I point out is that Eminem is not outrageous with his political beliefs as Kid Rock is like going to campaign for a politician [[i.e. Kid Rock/Romney) or faking a run for senate or going to the White House with other white trash like Palin and Nugent. They went there and disrespected the place taking photos in front of Hillary Clinton making gestures. I do not have much love for Hillary but she is in there for a reason as a first lady and a somewhat active one as well. It's nasty and vindictive for no reason and classless. This is why many people do not like Trump and his kind. We wouldn't be having these discussions if someone reasonable like Kasich was President.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Let me start off by saying everyone's entitled to their opinion and it doesn't make them a bad or evil person.

That being said, in my opinion alone, I feel the idea of someone being fiscally conservative and socially liberal is a textbook case of cognitive dissonance. You're basically saying that you support the plight of the marginalized as long as you don't have to do anything about it.

Consider Martin Luther King Jr. for example. He made it very clear during his fight for civil rights that genuine equality means economic equality. So what if one can sit at an integrated lunch counter, what does it matter if he can't actually afford to buy the food at said lunch counter?

The fact that must be acknowledged is conservative fiscal policies can do major social harm, as they [[lack of regulations, low tax rates for the rich, etc.) only perpetuate human rights abuse by those who control most of the wealth. So to suggest that you don't want to see suffer but at the same time support the very economic policies that aid in said suffering is a huge contradiction and does not compute in my mind.

But again, those are just my thoughts.
    Very interesting points. I wasn't trying to argue that there should be no regulations or tax cuts for the rich, because I do believe regulations tend to make the world around us a safer and more clean place. I know I'm going to get crucified for saying this, but wouldn't it be more of a humanitarian cause to implement a flat tax on income? [[lets say for the sake of discussion 20%) If everyone is paying the same percentage, haven't we truly reached a fair tax rate? As far as business tax, keep it at a honest 25% [[I believe it is currently at 34 or 35%) which will allow for more growth [[more jobs.)
    Before it is brought up, I know the argument of people below the poverty line will be brought up. People need help and that is okay. Assistant programs should still be funded.

**Side note**
    I personally work to make money, not because I have nothing better to do. I feel most people agree. I would like to keep as much of it as possible [[much like I'm sure others would too.) while still fulfilling my civil obligations to education, police, fire, infrastructure, and welfare of neighbor. Outside of that, nobody knows whats best with my money but me. If I want to spend it, I will. If I want to save it, I will. If I want to invest it, I will.
    Also, just my thoughts.
    I have a lot more thoughts on a lot of different topics, but it will cost ya [[; lol

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanViews View Post
    Very interesting points. I wasn't trying to argue that there should be no regulations or tax cuts for the rich, because I do believe regulations tend to make the world around us a safer and more clean place. I know I'm going to get crucified for saying this, but wouldn't it be more of a humanitarian cause to implement a flat tax on income? [[lets say for the sake of discussion 20%) If everyone is paying the same percentage, haven't we truly reached a fair tax rate? As far as business tax, keep it at a honest 25% [[I believe it is currently at 34 or 35%) which will allow for more growth [[more jobs.)
    Before it is brought up, I know the argument of people below the poverty line will be brought up. People need help and that is okay. Assistant programs should still be funded.

**Side note**
    I personally work to make money, not because I have nothing better to do. I feel most people agree. I would like to keep as much of it as possible [[much like I'm sure others would too.) while still fulfilling my civil obligations to education, police, fire, infrastructure, and welfare of neighbor. Outside of that, nobody knows whats best with my money but me. If I want to spend it, I will. If I want to save it, I will. If I want to invest it, I will.
    Also, just my thoughts.
    I have a lot more thoughts on a lot of different topics, but it will cost ya [[; lol
    Corporate taxes were much higher before Reagan and even lower now, in order to decrease your tax liability you had to hire workers or invest in R&D, new equipment, etc. This actually kept big business more honest, a tax cut does not make for new hires unless the demand is there. Now for a small business like a landscaping company with several people as the boss with a tax cut I might hire someone so I don't have to be out there. If I owned a landscaping company.

I'm going to commend any person that calls out evil where it stands and the person that implements it.

That's what's wrong with America these days, we call out evil for what it is elsewhere, but when it exists in our own backyard, we all fall silent.

When the very existence of this county is built on the back of African-Americans who really didn't have any choice to come here, and you expect us to just forgive our oppressors?!

I think not.

We worked for you for free, since the founding of this country.

We make this country better by just being here.

We created things over history to make this world prosperous and the rest of you have the nerve to complain when people decide not to stand for something that is against everything that we are.

Jehovah Witnesses do not stand for the anthem, and we say nothing. Yet when NFL players and celebrities kneel or sit for the anthem, there's an issue.

I applaud any person that calls Donald Trump for what he is:

A rich, scandalous, racist, bastard who is out to protect himself and make himself prosperous instead of our country.

A coward that got excused from the Vietnam War because of his rich father, yet he has the nerve to tell people that they are traitors. He can't even represent himself as the @POTUS on Twitter, he instead represents himself as @realDonaldTrump in order to tell the world his true feelings about people.

A person that calls himself Christian, yet disrespects women at any chance he gets. The Republican Party should be ashamed of themselves for continuing to defend him and his racist cohorts. It's even more interesting that people like Kenneth Coleman and Paula White continue to support him.

So when Eminem tells Trump to go "fuck himself", I'm giving him credit because, if Trump is still around, there will come a day that we will no longer have the right to say so.

I think most people are a mixture of liberal, progressive, and conservative ideas. however, as far as the current republican party is concerned, I do not know what their ideology is anymore. From a distance it seems to be anti-left, anti-obama, anti-bernie, anti-clinton, etc... whatever pisses liberals off is their policy. They have become the anti-party. Opposing any idea that is proposed by another side, even when the idea was originally theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehamm45 View Post
    I think most people are a mixture of liberal, progressive, and conservative ideas. however, as far as the current republican party is concerned, I do not know what their ideology is anymore. From a distance it seems to be anti-left, anti-obama, anti-bernie, anti-clinton, etc... whatever pisses liberals off is their policy. They have become the anti-party. Opposing any idea that is proposed by another side, even when the idea was originally theirs.
    Ya started with Gingrich and his scorched earth policy, the republican party was so used to winning POTUS from 68-92 with the exception of one election it seems the party couldn't handle losing national races while moving into a congressional mode that the Dems once occupied. It is why they can't get much policy passed because they do not have many ideas except for being against something. Or their idea is to try and go back in time somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    What are you referring to? He is not performing in an abandoned building in Detroit. Judging by concrete age in that video he appears to be in a recently built parking structure, said to be in Detroit.
    On first viewing it looks like a hollowed out, abandoned building, which is essentially what a parking garage is. Whether it's an abandoned building or a parking garage is not as important as the emotional effect the scene is meant to convey. The intent of the staged location is to make Detroit look desolate, and to give Eminem's rant more seriousness and solemnity because it comes from a desolate place.

A bigger question for me is what are the black males in the background supposed to represent? The camera pans over them several times and they look angry, menacing, and threatening. Ostensibly these are just the black males that don't like Trump. Are they going to attack Trump supporters? They aren't shown in such a way as if they are ready to engage in reasonable, political discourse. Eminem reveals it all when he concludes, "We hate Trump."
    Last edited by Zozo; October-12-17 at 11:16 AM.

^^^ Lovely. We need more of that showcased.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Ya started with Gingrich and his scorched earth policy, the republican party was so used to winning POTUS from 68-92 with the exception of one election it seems the party couldn't handle losing national races while moving into a congressional mode that the Dems once occupied. It is why they can't get much policy passed because they do not have many ideas except for being against something. Or their idea is to try and go back in time somehow.
    The blame is a lot deeper than that. It traces back to the Red Scare.

During the 1930s - 1960s, the general populace actually trusted the government to provide for the greater good of the country and realized how dangerous it could be if businesses and the super wealthy remained unchecked like they were before the Great Depression.

However, starting with the Vietnam War, people became so deathly afraid of anything "government" after having so much propaganda shoved down their throats about the Soviet Union that it was impossible for progressive politicians [[read: New Deal Democrats and Bull Moose Republicans) to win an election.

That environment gave rise to opportunistic cretins like the Clintons, who thought it would be a good idea to get in bed with the super rich / big business [[the Koch Brothers) to accomplish things instead of representing working class citizens like Democrats traditionally did. Thus, we've had to deal with the Democrats becoming Republican-lites with this newly-found concept known as Third Way triangulation.

With the Democrats in effect shifting further to the right on the political spectrum, the Republicans predictably shifted even further right to the point where they're not even on the political spectrum any more.

A good example that highlights the aforementioned shift is with Obamacare. You now have Democrats in the 2010s defending it tooth and nail as if it is the most progressive policy to ever see the light of day. Yet, back in the 1990s, it was Republicans who were pushing Obamacare, as it was a plan straight out of the Heritage Foundation.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-12-17 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehamm45 View Post
    Both parties have ideological problems right now. I don't see that the right is any different than then left here.

Take the current actions [[from the right) to allow the Little Sisters of the Poor to be exempt from paying for the cost of birth control pills. Whether religious organizations should or should not be allowed to required to pay for contraception they consider immoral isn't my point. The point is that in this case, the rhetoric from the left over the top. A $20/mo. cost for birth control pills [[a real issue) is called 'preventing woment from getting critical health care services, and an attack on women'. Is that being the anti-party too? Or does it just feel different when its you on the receiving end?

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    Jehovah Witnesses do not stand for the anthem, and we say nothing. Yet when NFL players and celebrities kneel or sit for the anthem, there's an issue.
    I would add to that, as I was surprised to learn back in my university constitutional law class, the right to refuse to salute the American flag and say the Pledge of Allegiance in public school was won by the Jehovah Witnesses via Supreme Court Decision in 1943, early in US involvement in WWII when the outcome was still uncertain, in West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette.

There is some irony that the same people who decry the Big State impinging on individual liberties and trampling their rights would be the same ones upset at those excising their 1st Amendment Rights, a right further backed by a 6-3 decision in the midst of a war.

And why? Because that is what we are/were fight for and the other side was fighting against.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddz313 View Post
    Corporate taxes were much higher before Reagan and even lower now, in order to decrease your tax liability you had to hire workers or invest in R&D, new equipment, etc. This actually kept big business more honest, a tax cut does not make for new hires unless the demand is there. Now for a small business like a landscaping company with several people as the boss with a tax cut I might hire someone so I don't have to be out there. If I owned a landscaping company.
    Corporate taxes on paper are pretty high in the US.

But you are correct in that since Reagan, there have been so many loopholes added to the tax code that the effective corporate tax rate has become fairly low.

Income taxes are what have gotten much lower since Reagan [[the top rate has gone from 70% to 35%).

Especially when they blatantly disrespect the president.

He deserves to be disrespected..... #NotmyPresident.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-12-17 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post

He deserves to be disrespected..... #NotmyPresident.
    Exactly. The President doesn't deserve a scintilla of respect and it has zero to do with politics. He's an unhinged wacko.

Unless you're a Trump cultist, you know the deal re. our idiot-in-chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Exactly. The President doesn't deserve a scintilla of respect and it has zero to do with politics. He's an unhinged wacko.

25th amendment time

Quote Originally Posted by clubboss View Post
    25th amendment time
    Yup. Time to end this foolishness. The man is clearly deranged and unfit.

The daily idiocy coming out of the WH can't end soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

Your touched now what are your feelings going to be when he wins again in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    A bigger question for me is what are the black males in the background supposed to represent? The camera pans over them several times and they look angry, menacing, and threatening. Ostensibly these are just the black males that don't like Trump. Are they going to attack Trump supporters? They aren't shown in such a way as if they are ready to engage in reasonable, political discourse. Eminem reveals it all when he concludes, "We hate Trump."
    You looked at black men, silently standing still, and deduced that they must be violent thugs and further, that they will attack "Trump supporters" [[i.e. white people)?

There's a word for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    On first viewing it looks like a hollowed out, abandoned building, which is essentially what a parking garage is. Whether it's an abandoned building or a parking garage is not as important as the emotional effect the scene is meant to convey. The intent of the staged location is to make Detroit look desolate, and to give Eminem's rant more seriousness and solemnity because it comes from a desolate place.

Ha Ha Ha!!!! You are an idiot, ahhh ha ha!!!! Every BET Awards freestyle since like 2011 has had people in the background and I am pretty sure a couple of them are signed to his label. You sure made a mountain of a molehill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    You looked at black men, silently standing still, and deduced that they must be violent thugs and further, that they will attack "Trump supporters" [[i.e. white people)?

There's a word for that.
    Antifa....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Your touched now what are your feelings going to be when he wins again in 2020?
    god forbid!

Nothing to see here. Just a few Boy Scouts having a den meeting.

I notice that there were no women or asians involved in the video also,what was the meaning of that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I notice that there were no women or asians involved in the video also,what was the meaning of that ?
    The lack of women in the video goes hand in hand with Mathers' history of misogyny in his vulgar lyrics. The lack of Oriental people must absolutely be proof positive that he is racist against Orientals.

Further, I noticed that there were no Mexicans, handicapped people, trans gendered folks, people with Down's Syndrome, or homosexuals in his video either. He must have a hatred for all of those groups too. [[That is what SJWs would say)
    Last edited by SyGolden48236; October-12-17 at 05:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast