Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrMichigan View Post
    Race is not, and should not be considered, a factor similar in importance to income and educational attainment.
    I'm not saying it should, but at the same time, we shouldn't just assume race isn't a thing or unimportant either.

I'm not color blind and I refuse to become color blind. I embrace the fact that our world is made up of people from all backgrounds with their own unique cultures and advantages / disadvantages.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-09-17 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    No one in this thread suggested such.
    I didn't say anyone said that in this thread. Surely you have heard this criticism before, though. If not, perhaps you haven't been paying attention, because for years some people have insisted it's not right for police to live outside the city because they "can't properly serve the citizens if the don't live in the community they serve."

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Sorry, but until we're all Goobacks in this utopia you're dreaming of, race will very much be an important factor to track.
    I neither seek nor desire a utopia. Government should be color blind in all things, at all levels. Social, economic & other ills can be addressed when their true causes are honestly admitted. No one is poor or stupid or good or bad or anything else because of their skin tone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2