I saw a report last evening on WXYZ that I have to question. Like most stations, they feel the need to struggle and strain to try and build a local connection to a national story. In last night's case, Jim Kiertzner and Stephen Clark teamed up to point out similar "soft targets" [[as in Las Vegas) in the Detroit area such as Comerica Park, Hart Plaza, DTE Energy Center, Campus Martius, etc.

After that, they decided they need to tell Detroiters that they shouldn't feel safe in large crowds [[in fact, Jim pointed out that if someone wanted to shoot victims in Hart Plaza, go to the Ren Cen). And, he pointed out all the tall buildings surrounding Campus Martius.

I find this type of combination reporting to both make a local connection and telling viewers they should be scared or concerned [[in fact the word "terrified" was used) is a little irresponsible.

What's next, are they going to tell us what kind of automatic weapon is best for each situation? I find it problematic that they almost explained to someone thaf if you wanted to do the same thing in Detroit as what happened in Las Vegas, here's where you go, and here's where you aim. Pitiful.

That, coupled with the fact that Stephen Clark recently in as much called viewers "liars" with an informal remark by not believing viewers input indicating how they drive when they come up to roundabouts, is starting to turn me off to this station that I've watched for years.

Anybody else catch on to this as well last night?