Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

when I get to a p.c i'll check it out....dosen't work on android. curious to find out if its the same copy I have stamped 1917 from the patent office.

That one might be a part of it but the one I have is the actual device. Maybe it connected to this one? having trouble uploading it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  dormentwatermark1917.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  181.8 KB this is the drawing I have. Dorment's signature is the same.

Actually, the above is the drawing of Dorments invention called a "volatizer", or as we know it today, an inhaler. It was patented 5 years after his vibrator:
    http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum...O%2Fpatimg.htm
    Last edited by JoeGeds; October-02-17 at 04:38 AM.

Dorment had 20 patents issued in his name. 12 of them were for an atomizer/inhaler/volatizer. 2 of them were for vibrators - the one I attached a link to on page 1 of this thread, as well as patent number 1102885, which is a much more mechanical item. Another 2 of his 20 patents were for an eye massager. He also patented an air purifier, a cabinet that a person sits in for a mineral or steam bath, and apparatus to remove citrus oil from citrus fruits, and his very first invention - in 1903 - an advertising automaton. Basically, a robot of a woman that squeezes the bulb of an atomizer [[patent number 721787).

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGeds View Post
    Dorment had 20 patents issued in his name. 12 of them were for an atomizer/inhaler/volatizer. 2 of them were for vibrators - the one I attached a link to on page 1 of this thread, as well as patent number 1102885, which is a much more mechanical item. Another 2 of his 20 patents were for an eye massager. He also patented an air purifier, a cabinet that a person sits in for a mineral or steam bath, and apparatus to remove citrus oil from citrus fruits, and his very first invention - in 1903 - an advertising automaton. Basically, a robot of a woman that squeezes the bulb of an atomizer [[patent number 721787).
    Clever fella he was. That's it! When I first saw this drawing I said to myself "what the hell is this?" Anyone that saw the design, one would start laughing thinking it was something else but I would say it can't be. I knew about the citrus extractor. About a year ago I saw Dorment's design for the vibrator that caused so much trouble to the person named on the certificate. It was just a massaging device, nothing more but when one see's the word vibrator today they always think of something else. Someone listed his grave on findagrave.com. He was a bad typist. I'll put some more of his letters up soon. He invented some kind of comb also, electric maybe? Don't recall. I am surprised he didn't become the Henry Ford of massage devices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2