Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    That would have likely required a lot more engineering before being built. You also have the issue that the Gordie Howe isn't really near anything on either side that people would want to be visiting, so is this rail going all to way to each downtown? Quite costly just to get over the border without a car especially considering there is a bus that goes between both cities through the tunnel already.

I say bring back the gondola! I would settle for water taxis though.
    Maybe some kind of deal could be worked out one day where a passenger/tourist line could use the Canadian rail line tracks to go back and forth from Detroit to Windsor. It would be cheaper to operate than anything else.

Found these beauties on r/Detroit, thought I would share them here

Name:  michigan-central-station-v0-g55dhxaxf31d13.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  michigan-central-station-v0-0s6ewwaxf31d13.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  242.6 KB

Name:  michigan-central-station-v0-w5oyexaxf31d13.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  140.3 KB

Can you link the reddit post?

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Can you link the reddit post?
    Did anyone save the MCS photos posted this morning?

Good thing i saved them cause yea i couldn't find the post i got em from, thanks for finding this one tho

Never thought I'd see the day. Just always anticipated it would be a pile of demolition rubble at some point. I can't wait to walk through this place.

7. Default

Those rebuilt floors really make the interior settings pop with their gloss and reflection!

What a great day for Detroit.

8. Default

Compare the above with a March 2019 early renovation shot of the end of the ticket booths.
    Attachment 43174

9. Default Join the celebration for the reopening of Michigan Central Station

A great day in Detroit is fast arriving emphasized by yesterday's press release on the grand opening of the Michigan Central. Who'da thunk it, eh?

Name:  NCD-complete.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  108.4 KB

DETROIT, May 20, 2024 — On Tuesday, May 21 at 12 p.m. ET, Michigan Central will open ticket registration for the Michigan Central OPEN, a community celebration June 6 – 16 to commemorate the landmark reopening of Michigan Central Station following an extensive restoration by Ford Motor Company. Details on ticket reservations can be found at http://michigancentral.com.

Hosted by Ford and Michigan Central, Michigan Central OPEN welcomes the public to share in this major milestone with an opening night concert outside the station featuring a lineup of legendary Detroit performers produced by Jesse Collins Entertainment, an Emmy-winning production company, that has played an integral role in producing many of television’s most memorable moments in music entertainment, including multiple Super Bowl Halftime Shows. Jesse Collins Entertainment’s Jesse Collins, Dionne Harmon and Jeannae Rouzan-Clay will executive produce the show. Emmy award-winning production companies Diversified Production Services and Killian + Company are also producing the special event. The outdoor concert will also be available via livestream.

“There’s no place like Detroit, and we couldn’t be more excited to showcase the city through its own incredible artists,” said Executive Producer Jesse Collins, founder and CEO Jesse Collins Entertainment. “We’re going to create an unforgettable welcome party for Michigan Central with this new chapter in Detroit history that celebrates the visions of these unique performers who are bound together by a shared love of their city.”

The following 10 days will offer the public a first look inside the revitalized Station’s ground floor before the building’s first commercial occupants begin moving in this fall. Visitors can sign up for a tour of the first floor of The Station, learn about the rich history of the iconic building, the city, and its people, and get a sneak peek into Michigan Central’s bright future.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15