Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Update: It seems that Mr. Kaepernick has decided that his desire to play in the NFL is greater than his desire to continue his protest. Sure, it could be seen as the result of a conspiracy of owners to deny him justice -- but the owners seem to have publicly said they agree with him. But now he volunteers that he'll stand for the anthem. I'll again suggest that he had the opportunity here to strengthen his resolve by standing, but adopting a less antagonistic symbol of protest. I actually agree that he and BLM have valid points that are worth attention [[although I disagree that the scope of police misconduct is so clearly along racial lines.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Kaepernick could choose to stand for the anthem, and at the very end go down on knee in 'prayer' at the end. The point on injustice would be made, and the patriotic feelings of much of the audience respected. Win-win.
    How would the point on injustice be made in this scenario? If Kaepernick kneels in "prayer" after the national anthem, the patriotic feelings of some people would be spared, but the point on injustice would not be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Update: It seems that Mr. Kaepernick has decided that his desire to play in the NFL is greater than his desire to continue his protest.
    People have a funny way of getting their mind straight when it comes to money.

EDIT: If what you say is true [[the source backtracked their information).

Now THIS is a real protest, and one I can get behind.

Kudos to T.I.!

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/08/t-i-pr...icans-atlanta/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12