Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    LOL! My hero! Do you even know the difference between an ATV and a pedal car? Do you know the difference between a closed off street for a block party and ATVs out on a public thoroughfare, weaving in and out of traffic, or running over public "walkable" areas? Do you know the difference between a block party kids race and resisting arrest? Of course you don't, look who I'm asking.
    The second and fourth vehicles are definitely NOT "pedal cars", in fact they look an awful lot like battery-powered mini-ATVs, wouldn't you say?

Who says the street is closed off for a block party? Where'd you see that in the photo? Because I certainly don't see a block party there. You certainly are making a lot of baseless and incorrect assumptions about that photo.

Now let's go through the baseless assumptions [[and outright lies) you are making about Damon Grimes:

-Where'd you get the notion that Damon Grimes was "weaving in and out of traffic" when he was shot? Please provide a link to a news source that says he was moving around or through other vehicles on the road. For all you know, Grimes was on a desolate, empty street.
    -Where'd you get the notion that Damon Grimes was actively running over the sidewalk? Again, I'm going to have to ask for proof of this claim. I believe he was still in the street when he crashed into the back of the pickup truck.
    -What is your basis for falsely claiming that Damon Grimes "resisted arrest?" Fleeing is not the same thing as "resisting arrest" and in no article I read did it state that the MSP trooper at any time attempted to place Grimes under arrest, merely that he was trying to stop him.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    The second and fourth vehicles are definitely NOT "pedal cars", in fact they look an awful lot like battery-powered mini-ATVs, wouldn't you say?
    My nephews had one of those battery powered cars years ago when they were young. Capable of speeds up to 2 mph. Mute point.

Who says the street is closed off for a block party? Where'd you see that in the photo?
    You don't get out much, do you? You think these kids drew that starting line in the middle of Woodward after a Tigers game?

Where'd you get the notion that Damon Grimes was "weaving in and out of traffic" when he was shot?
    I never said that "Damon Grimes was weaving in and out of traffic", you made that up. BUT "Witnesses said the teen was trying to get onto the sidewalk when he hit the pickup truck." Troll On!

My nephews had one of those battery powered cars years ago when they were young. Capable of speeds up to 2 mph. Mute point.
    Do you mean moot point?

You don't get out much, do you? You think these kids drew that starting line in the middle of Woodward after a Tigers game?
    And was Damon Grimes riding his ATV in the middle of Woodward after a Tigers game, or in a low-traffic residential street?

I never said that "Damon Grimes was weaving in and out of traffic", you made that up. BUT "Witnesses said the teen was trying to get onto the sidewalk when he hit the pickup truck." Troll On!
    You literally said just that, word for fucking word. That was a direct fucking quote from you.

ATVs out on a public thoroughfare, weaving in and out of traffic
    Witnesses said the teen was TRYING to get onto the sidewalk? That's odd Honkey Tonk, because you said he was already ON the sidewalk. So how could he be trying to get on the sidewalk when he was already on it? Must be magic!

Keep on lying though, it really shows the type of person you are.

Do you mean moot point?

And was Damon Grimes riding his ATV in the middle of Woodward after a Tigers game, or in a low-traffic residential street?

You literally said just that, word for fucking word. That was a direct fucking quote from you.

Witnesses said the teen was TRYING to get onto the sidewalk? That's odd Honkey Tonk, because you said he was already ON the sidewalk. So how could he be trying to get on the sidewalk when he was already on it? Must be magic!

Keep on lying though, it really shows the type of person you are.
    You have no idea what you're talking about. You twist things around on every post. You need to take a remedial reading comprehension class. I never fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

Some searching hasn't found anything on the kid's history, but I did find this:

Detroit police Chief James Craig said during a news conference Monday his department will launch an independent investigation.

"I am not a proponent of high-speed chases involving traffic infractions, or those involving misdemeanors," Craig said.

Craig said the investigation in no way negatively reflects on MSP, but that a situation such as this warrants an independent investigation.
    And some comments from Duggan and others supporting regulations on chases:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rooper-pursued

I also see the Trooper's history and what appear to be 'buy offs' of the lawsuits filed -- out of court settlements. All indications so far tell me the Trooper fits the 'thug' definition above more than the kid.

You have no idea what you're talking about. You twist things around on every post. You need to take a remedial reading comprehension class. I never fight a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
    If you can't dispute my points, then just say so. But by all means, lash out with personal insults.

Here's a video of two white boys going "ATV sledding" in a public street. Please tell me which part of their bodies you would most like to see these two terrorist thugs be tasered in. Face? Balls? Or maybe skip the taser entirely and just take them out with bullets, you know, to protect pedestrians. I mean, surely you would agree that the activity in the below video presents an immediately life-threatening danger to the general public, thus necessitating the use of lethal force.

https://youtu.be/rNlTH0q8zJc?t=12m52s

If you can't dispute my points, then just say so. But by all means, lash out with personal insults.

Here's a video of two white boys going "ATV sledding" in a public street. Please tell me which part of their bodies you would most like to see these two terrorist thugs be tasered in. Face? Balls? Or maybe skip the taser entirely and just take them out with bullets, you know, to protect pedestrians. I mean, surely you would agree that the activity in the below video presents an immediately life-threatening danger to the general public, thus necessitating the use of lethal force.

https://youtu.be/rNlTH0q8zJc?t=12m52s
    Show me the video where the police tried to stop them and they totally disregarded them and wrecklessly raged on! You seem to be missing the main element of this tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Show me the video where the police tried to stop them and they totally disregarded them and wrecklessly raged on! You seem to be missing the main element of this tragedy.
    I will absolutely do that, right after you show me where in the Michigan State Police Academy curriculum or in MSP official department procedure it states that troopers should fire tasers out of the window of a moving vehicle as they are driving it.

You seem to be focusing on what the victim did wrong, and completely ignoring what the [[currently suspended and under investigation) MSP trooper did wrong.

But hey, this kid broke the law, so that justifies this police officer violating his own training and his own department's use of force guidelines. The ends justify the means.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    You seem to be missing the main element of this tragedy.

The main element here is the Trooper's misconduct.