Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
Life is so much simpler when you can just erase complex history. Now we just have a glorious corporate entity to celebrate, and as dear Sen. Elizabeth Warren knows they are never evil.

Refusing to celebrate a racist by putting his name on the city's only convention center is hardly "erasing history." Not only is it moral, it's just good business - in more ways than one in this case.

If there's one certainty here, its that none of this money will be an increase to Cobo Hall's, I mean TCF Place's budget.

Really? How is this a certainty? Do you know something everyone else doesn't know?

OK, here's one more certainty. Cobo will always be more significant to Detroit's history than any bank with a meaningless TLA.
Again, I suppose that remains to be seen. I've lived in Detroit for 15 years now. I'm fully aware of the history around Mayor Cobo but quite frankly, a bank that builds a tower downtown, grants me a loan, and invests in the city will have a bigger impact on my life - and I suspect all modern Detroiters - than Cobo ever did. In fact, many Detroiters, including government agencies, are actively working every day to UNDO a lot of Cobo's signature accomplishments...