Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Compare that to a trip to the Palace. Game over and what is there to do? Get in your car, crawl out of the parking lot, and drive home.
    Which is why I always figured the place was in the middle of nowhere, and relatively valueless without the arena on it. The few times I ever drove all the way out there all I ever saw around there was parking lots and highways. After the game, like you said, there was nothing to do but just get in your car and drive all the way back home [[or at least someplace on the way with some actual life to it, like Royal Oak). You would think if the area was so nice that someone would have at least built some place nice to go before/after games and concerts.

But I'll take the word of people who've spent more time out there in the hinterlands that there's actually something valuable out there that makes that big patch of scrubland and parking lots worth something and that it won't just sit and decay like the nearby Silverdome. While I hate the stupid HQ giveaway that Gores got, I'm still going to be pretty pleased to have my favorite sport back somewhere where I don't have to drive and hour+ to see it. And where I can get a bite to eat before the game and maybe a beer or two after, and make a real evening out of it.

Now all we need is a decent basketball team.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; August-25-17 at 01:37 PM.