Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Only ONE employee to drag you off the plane ???
    You might be referring to United 3411.
    On April 9, 2017, O'Hare International Airport police violently and forcibly ejected passenger David Dao from United Express Flight 3411 after he refused to depart the airplane upon the demand of management. Dao screamed as officers pulled him out of his seat, and his face hit an armrest during the strugglewhich they accomplished by first slamming his face into the arm rest and then dragging the injured and bleeding man from the aircraft.. Officers then dragged him, apparently unconscious, by his arms on his back along the aircraft aisle past rows of onlooking passengers....
    Afterwards, the CEO of United, Oscar Munoz, described Dao as "disruptive and belligerent", apologized for "re-accommodating" the paying customers [Dao had already paid], and defended and praised the staff for "following established procedures", which was widely criticized as "tone-deaf".
    United's board decided that Munoz would not assume the role of Chairman for the company and that executive compensation would be tied to customer satisfaction. Airline passenger complaints increased by 70 percent.
    One more parasitic saboteur was [potentially] removed from even greater power.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-23-17 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    United's board decided that Munoz would not assume the role of Chairman for the company and that executive compensation would be tied to customer satisfaction. Airline passenger complaints increased by 70 percent.
    One more parasitic saboteur was [potentially] removed from even greater power.

You, of course, are referring to Oscar Munoz.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; August-24-17 at 04:14 AM.

In April of this year, a relative who lives in the San Fransisco area traveled to Paris on Wow. They had to fly to Iceland first, change planes & then fly onto Paris & do the same on the return trip. Fly to Iceland from Paris, change planes & fly back to San Fransisco. I believe they had a three to four hour layover in Iceland before flying back to the states. I told them about Wow coming here & they told me they paid $549.00 round trip & got an email yesterday with a round trip ticket price for $298.00.

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    In April of this year, a relative who lives in the San Fransisco area traveled to Paris on Wow. They had to fly to Iceland first, change planes & then fly onto Paris & do the same on the return trip. Fly to Iceland from Paris, change planes & fly back to San Fransisco. I believe they had a three to four hour layover in Iceland before flying back to the states. I told them about Wow coming here & they told me they paid $549.00 round trip & got an email yesterday with a round trip ticket price for $298.00.
    It is an inconvenience no doubt, plus there are extra fees and unexpected costs that will be incurred. But even with that factored in, it will still be a flight option that is considerably less costly than anything that exists currently for DTW transatlantic flying. And that is a good thing.