Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Problem is that the fakes may have the number on them. Someone selling fakes won't be deterred by a simple number omission.

I'm nearly directly under the 100% path, but there's a very, very high chance I'll remain inside. It's going to be 90+ with high dewpoints and I don't do that kind of heat well at all. I have a network camera mounted on a pole outside and I may just set it to watch the ground and trees and record the shadow passage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Problem is that the fakes may have the number on them.......
    Exactly! And, according to news reports, there is no certain way to ascertain the genuine ones carrying the ISO numbers and the counterfeits that have been stamped with the same numbers.
    I am sure not taking a chance. After all, if a big medical complex that specializes in eyes and eyesight like the Univ. of Utah John Moran Eye Center could be fooled, well, um, who could ever feel 100% confident using their eclipse glasses?????

http://www.sltrib.com/news/education...yre-defective/

Just another example of the bad guys get to ruin it all for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by easternshorebird View Post
    Exactly! And, according to news reports, there is no certain way to ascertain the genuine ones carrying the ISO numbers and the counterfeits that have been stamped with the same numbers.
    I am sure not taking a chance. After all, if a big medical complex that specializes in eyes and eyesight like the Univ. of Utah John Moran Eye Center could be fooled, well, um, who could ever feel 100% confident using their eclipse glasses?????

http://www.sltrib.com/news/education...yre-defective/

Just another example of the bad guys get to ruin it all for the rest of us.
    Yep. The issue of 'supply chain' may come into play here. Do we really know who produced them before they went to the middle man and then Amazon and Univ. of Utah.

I don't mean to castigate Amazon, but if I don't know where the retailer [[or whomever) got them, I ain't using them.

Stamping ISO numbers on them isn't exactly rocket science.

My hunch is that fakes are more likely to be those sold or distributed more recently while those bought long ag aren't likely to be fake.