Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    That has nothing do to with it coracle and this goes for you too Richard. No one said anything about being disrespectful of any solider from past or present wars or their extended families [[I am one of them)!! Remember what he said about McCain and the family of Capt. Khan? Or have you forgotten? Talk about disrespectful!! But I'll tell ya, we have a guy in office that dodged the draft 5 times [[so called bone spurs, but money talks) that doesn't have a clue and is an embarrassment on many levels. I have no respect for a 70 year old man that acts and says things like a petulant child.
    Your just as bad as the other two,my replies were directed solely to post 111 you know the one you found to be so funny.

Then you 3 go on about spins while spinning around so much that your becoming so dizzy that you lost the conversation.

Have you ever lost a loved one on a forien soil? Apparently not because if you did you would understand the concept of you would not care who brought them back to you as long as you could say that goodbye.

If you ever do have children or parents that pass I would hope that you would receive a lot more respect then you have shown others.

But then again there is always that karma thing.

Now let's all get together on a park bench and teheteh all day long like a bunch of 15 year old school girls.

Haha they lost their son in war and now they are finially able to put them to rest hahaha so funny.

And neither one of them even addressed what I said about 45 and his adoration of that "strong ruler" Un and the fact that he's trying to sell his kowtowing to the North Koreans because the parents of men who have been dead for over 65 years are begging for the return of their remains. There are no parents clammering for that because they are long dead. If he had simply stated that he wanted to bring home the MIAs it wouldn't even be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    That has nothing do to with it coracle and this goes for you too Richard. No one said anything about being disrespectful of any solider from past or present wars or their extended families [[I am one of them)!! Remember what he said about McCain and the family of Capt. Khan? Or have you forgotten? Talk about disrespectful!! But I'll tell ya, we have a guy in office that dodged the draft 5 times [[so called bone spurs, but money talks) that doesn't have a clue and is an embarrassment on many levels. I have no respect for a 70 year old man that acts and says things like a petulant child.

Having a discussion with you 3 is like haveing a discussion with a box of rocks.It is clear the only thing you actually stand for is hatred.

I found a song for you 3 to sing to the currant president as a trio.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvjhE5Oh9U
    Last edited by Richard; June-14-18 at 04:57 PM.

You’ve “lost it” j. Nobody is going to engage with you in a logical discussion because you’re biased. You need to get on board and support Trump. It feels good.

And here we go: A propaganda film that includes our "Commander in Chief" saluting a N Korean General. Something to be so proud of.
    The rest of the video shows the actual meeting between Trump and Kim — including behind-the-scenes footage the American and international press didn’t get to see, such as extended footage of the negotiations between the two sides and a particularly striking scene in which President Trump salutes a senior North Korean general, while Kim looks on.

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/6/14/...m-summit-watch

"North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat"

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    Anybody who can find military confidence in a leader whom dodged the draft 5 times, while deriding war heroes like John McCain for his own personal gain, should do some serious soul searching in the mirror. They hypocrisy cuts like a hot knife.
    Trump had a 1-Y deferment. That meant that he could volunteer to join if he signed waivers but could not be drafted under Selective Service rules. Dictionary.com defines draft dodger as "draft dodger. Someone who illegally evades the draft, as opposed to a conscientious objector, who is granted official, legal exemption from military duty." That said, Trump did not volunteer. Neither did Obama or Bill Clinton.

I take it that you support the draft and the Vietnam War. The most recent conscription was brought to us by FDR and the Vietnam war was brought to us by Lyndon Johnson. Both were Democrats. Democrats are presently most likely to extend Carter's draft registration to include women. Those are, to me, three reasons to be wary of Democrats. If follows that Sen. John McCain, who has supported every war since coming to office, has become the Democrats' favorite Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Having a discussion with you 3 is like haveing a discussion with a box of rocks.It is clear the only thing you actually stand for is hatred.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjvjhE5Oh9U
    Pretty sure it was Donald who started spewing hatred starting 6/16/2015. I personally don't like the word.
    Last edited by Maof; June-14-18 at 05:54 PM.

Small, shriveled, dried up, bitter, distasteful .... yeah, that's about got DonnieT right on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    You need to get on board and support Trump. It feels good.
    If it's the same train King Kwame was on and leads to the same place, yeah that'd feel mighty good. Lock 'im up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Small, shriveled, dried up, bitter, distasteful .... yeah, that's about got DonnieT right on the spot.
    You are a bit on the freaky side hugh,he is your president and I highly doubt you will be swapping spit with him in the shower.

Lets see a picture of you,I'll bet you bring the ladies to tears with your body by Gene Simmons.

he is your president
    Bullroar. I don't claim that fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Bullroar. I don't claim that fool.
    But of course,

Right now in Burma,government forces are entering villages and chopping of the heads of every man woman and child.

In Africa it is the dawn of a new day as the captured immigrants are being lined up to be sold as slaves,while in other parts of the country war lords are systematically wiping out one village after another.

In North Korea,China,Venezuela,Cuba and many others,saying those words will get you either killed or imprisioned in work camps along with your family.

There are millions in other countries that would love to spend even a day in America for a simple taste of what real freedom tastes like,and they would trade places with you in a nano second and be proud to call him their president.

But yet here we are in America without a care in the world basking in the freedoms that those before us gave their lives so we can stand up and say not my president without fear of death.

Interesting how that works,in one country one stands and shouts not my president as if they are owed something and the country was put there for their personal pleasure.

While in another a new born baby comes into the world only to have its head cut off hours later.

Usualy the ones in this country shouting the loudest about how we have a dictator for a president and all of the other snibs,are the ones that really have no clue and would not last 24 hours in the real world of dictatorships.

Suck it up buttercup,nobody cares if you feel if he is your president or not,all you do is make yourself look like a fool acting like a 3 year old standing in the corner shouting he is not my president as people walk by snickering under their breath.

If you are allowing a president to control your daily life and emotions then you have bigger issues then him being your president.

Those issiues will not change with the presidential change.

In case if you have not noticed,presidents have come and gone for generations and generations have continued to move forward,the ones that choose to anyways then there are others that wallow in their hatred of everything America and then wonder why they are stuck in a rut.

If you cannot control your own destiny without a president holding your little hand and drying your tears along the way then borrow Canuks will work for beer sign because that is about your worth in this country and to your fellow Americans.

So climb on the soapbox and yell not My president until your blue in the face,it does not matter because nobody cares.
    Last edited by Richard; June-14-18 at 09:23 PM.

Oh, God:
    BREAKING: President Trump on North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un: "He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same."

jcole, Somewhere between having people sit at attention and having to deal with leakers and betrayers in high places left over from the Obama administration sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Oh, God:
    BREAKING: President Trump on North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un: "He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same."
    From the video it's unclear who he means by "my people." It could mean his staff or it could mean all American civilians.

Someone needs to explain to this "stable genius" that it's not his sycophants that he needs to worry about. He needs to be aware of what people do behind his back, like the videographer who captured that gem.

He seems unaware that he is not omniscient.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-15-18 at 10:50 AM.

I don't take it lightly when my patriotism is brought into question. And I certainly don't think those in this thread do either. That's why when I insinuate whether the POTUS has questionable morals in regards to patriotism and his oath to the office, I mean it.

The spin going on in this thread is outlandish. You can argue semantics all day long, however when the facts bear out that our sitting president used his elevated income status to avoid serving his country [[multiple times), only to come full circle during his campaign and question John McCain's patriotism, is downright disgusting. It's indefensible.

There are countless other examples that DJT is just a schmuck in general, but deep down inside roughly 85% of the country already knows this.

I bet your house is full of Chinese junk,so you financially support a dictatorship that kills their own people and uses children as labor.

So you are actually hiring a government to kill their own people and employ children to produce for you to save a dollar.

Kinda makes a salute irrelevant,but hey I am with you on that one,he should have just nuked them in the first place,sense millions of lives have no meaning it would be worth it just to say see I told you so.

oops, my bad
    are you serious? talk about spinning this whole conversation. looks like you're the master of.
    Last edited by Maof; June-15-18 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Oh, God:

https://lasillarotarm.blob.core.wind...gif-quotes.gif

No one was questioning your personal patriotism. But if you want to call Trump a draft dodger, show us what he did that was illegal [[post 132). Lots of rich people legally get draft deferments and use tax exemptions. When I was at Fort Wayne getting a draft physical, I noticed that everyone getting off the charter bus from Ann Arbor seemed to have a file. They had been doing their homework and were well prepared for their physical. Small town whites and inner city blacks didn't come with such files. That's one reason conscription is tilted in favor of the rich. In the 20th. Century, Democrats have been the party supporting involuntary servitude. When you attack Trump for not volunteering for Vietnam, you inferred support for conscription and the Vietnam War. Why else would you have criticized Trump for not volunteering for Vietnam even though Bill Clinton did not volunteer? Neither did Obama or Hillary but after Vietnam. Carter, Bush the Elder, and Kerry did. It would have been ok to criticize that lot for not volunteering but none of them illegally dodged the draft.

Whether or not John McCain was patriotic, he was quite possibly in Annapolis because his father was an admiral, graduated second from the bottom of his class, lost three planes while in the Navy, some fellow prisoners do not respect him, and he had a horrible neocon record in Congress having supported needless wars that left millions of dead people and refugees. I wish him the best dealing with his medical situation but he as been a blight in the Senate.
    Last edited by oladub; June-15-18 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    No one was questioning your personal patriotism. But if you want to call Trump a draft dodger, show us what he did that was illegal [[post 132). Lots of rich people legally get draft deferments and use tax exemptions. When I was at Fort Wayne getting a draft physical, I noticed that everyone getting off the charter bus from Ann Arbor seemed to have a file. They had been doing their homework and were well prepared for their physical. Small town whites and inner city blacks didn't come with such files. That's one reason conscription is tilted in favor of the rich. In the 20th. Century, Democrats have been the party supporting involuntary servitude. When you attack Trump for not volunteering for Vietnam, you inferred support for conscription and the Vietnam War. Why else would you have criticized Trump for not volunteering for Vietnam even though Bill Clinton did not volunteer? Neither did Obama or Hillary but after Vietnam. Carter, Bush the Elder, and Kerry did. It would have been ok to criticize that lot for not volunteering but none of them illegally dodged the draft.

Whether or not John McCain was patriotic, he was quite possibly in Annapolis because his father was an admiral, graduated second from the bottom of his class, lost three planes while in the Navy, some fellow prisoners do not respect him, and he had a horrible neocon record in Congress having supported needless wars that left millions of dead people and refugees. I wish him the best dealing with his medical situation but he as been a blight in the Senate.
    This conversation IS NOT about volunteering to serve. You're changing the narrative. Is that your tactic? To insert a secondary theme, and then argue semantics?

This conversation is about military CONSCRIPTION. Trump used two educational deferments. Then when those dried up, he underwent a physical examination which resulted in a diagnosis of "bone spurs", although he actively participated in all sorts of sports during his college years. He took actions that would prevent him from serving his country, and the merit of his actions are dubious at best. Is he a "draft dodger" by definition? I suppose not, however his duty to serve his country still remains void.

Flash forward to the 21st century, and his words towards John McCain are of the highest order of hypocrisy.

If I were alive in the sixties, during conscription, I would have accepted my duty just as my father did. I guess some people don't feel the same way about their responsibility to serve. Which is one way to define patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    This conversation IS NOT about volunteering to serve. You're changing the narrative. Is that your tactic? To insert a secondary theme, and then argue semantics?

This conversation is about military CONSCRIPTION. Trump used two educational deferments. Then when those dried up, he underwent a physical examination which resulted in a diagnosis of "bone spurs", although he actively participated in all sorts of sports during his college years. He took actions that would prevent him from serving his country, and the merit of his actions are dubious at best. Is he a "draft dodger" by definition? I suppose not, however his duty to serve his country still remains void.

Flash forward to the 21st century, and his words towards John McCain are of the highest order of hypocrisy.

If I were alive in the sixties, during conscription, I would have accepted my duty just as my father did. I guess some people don't feel the same way about their responsibility to serve. Which is one way to define patriotism.
    For the third time, read my post #132. Conscription has rules. Trump followed the rules. Selective Service is a step above old time press gangs. Trump had a 1-y exemption which allowed him to either sign a waiver if he wanted to be drafted or volunteer. In either case, by its own rules the SS could not draft him. Do you also object to people who utilize tax exemptions? Bill Clinton also used educational and other exemptions to stay out of the military until he received a good number in the draft lottery that kept him out for good. I'm not criticizing Clinton. He too followed the rules.

The 13th Amendment forbids both slavery and involuntary servitude. Serving involuntarily = involuntary servitude. Would you want to bring back slavery too if we called it something else? If you wouldn't have minded being drafted, then it is voluntary servitude and legal. Congratulation for be willing to hypothetically serve in Vietnam.

McCain seemingly becoming Democrats' favorite Republican since Lincoln is just another reason not to vote Democratic at the federal level.

TK so really at a time when millions of Americans were anti war and moving to Canada to escape the draft another private citizen avoided the draft.You are forgetting that it was the cool thing to do and there was even draft card burning parties.

They say that Trump was originally a democrat,if he was a liberal democrats then I can see his mindset at the time which is kinda no different then what we see today.

If you are going to use draft advoidance as an indicator of what ones leval of patriotism in that time period then that pretty much includes half of the country.

I enlisted in 1978 and even at that time the hatred for the military was still so much that even wearing your military uniform out in public,which was a requirement and punished if caught off base not wearing it,was looking for trouble.

Not sure if they are around as much anymore but a lot of bases had a locker rental storage privately built outside of the base,where you would change into civilian clothing.It was the hair cut that gave You away and got you busted.

Some people are just not cut out for war and the last person that you want covering your ass is somebody that does not want to be there and a slacker,because it will cost you your life.Not like anybody really wants to be there in the first place.

But it is like anything else when you have been there done that it becomes a totally different perspective then if one has not.

But talk about spin,this all became spin when you guys interduced your hatered about the currant administration as an excuse to crap on the memories of fallen military personal and their families wishes.

Not only once but twice,I guess until they lose a child and cannot recover their remains they will never understand or even care about others.

I am guessing on Veterans Day their idea of fun is to have a few beers and go piss on veterans graves at Arlington and laugh about it.
    Last edited by Richard; June-15-18 at 02:20 PM.

“President Trump on North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un: "He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same."

I draw the line at sitting up to attention when Kim Jong Un speaks; but I recall when obama spoke, I always darted for the OFF button. The only Channels you could be sure he wasn’t on we’re the Selling Channels. Those Eight years cost me a bunch! Now I Channel surf to listen to what President Trump has to say.
    Last edited by coracle; June-15-18 at 04:32 PM.

The egomania of Trump is not much difference then that of Obama or even JFK, or FDR for that matter. Though FDR had the issue of his polio albeit masterfully handled by the limited media of the time.

Trump is WAY over the top in his use of the media in his mania presentations. That's a given for certain!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast