While I am confident that some significant redevelopment will come to the Eastland Center area in Harper Woods [[there are successful retailers in the area -- Lowes, Home Depot, Target) the rapid deterioration of the mall itself is having the inevitable effect on the surrounding area/outlots. Prior to the closure of Macy's, Chili's [[fronting on Vernier) closed [[less than a year after a full-scale renovation) as did the Bank of America branch at 8 Mile and Kelly. Since the closure of Macy's, Applebee's has closed in the outlot as has Walgreen's [[across 8 Mile) and Citizens Bank [[across Vernier). Notably this Applebee's is the location where, a few years ago, I came out of the restaurant with my wife to find the occupant of the car parked next to us draining his bladder beside my truck leaving a pool of urine beside my driver's door. Last time I went there. Another minor curiosity, Eastland has finally removed the 'macy*s' signage from the large signs surrounding the property -- however the sign next to the side entrance on Kelly still says Marshall Field's.