Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Reason for TB's demise? Ghastly food. And what's with that artificial cheese?! I guess the pop is just ok.
    Their food is mediocre, but there are locations all over in the suburbs. Not to mention, within / throughout every other major city.

That's a point. Someone's eating there! In a press I will get a few of their tacos, but forget it for the more 'involved' items!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Their food is mediocre, but there are locations all over in the suburbs. Not to mention, within / throughout every other major city.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-09-17 at 07:32 AM.

I was just thinking. There has been a few of the chain restaurants in Dearborn that have closed over the years.

Big Boy on Michigan west of Oakman closed a few years ago. It's vacant. There is one still open on Michigan west of Telegraph I believe.
    Ponderosa on Greenfield north of Michigan closed a few years ago. Still vacant.
    KFC on W. Warren just west of Wyoming. Closed several years ago. Never reopened as anything. There is a KFC on Michigan still open just west of Miller Rd.
    Burger King on Schaefer north of Ford Rd. closed several years ago. Never reopened. An Auto Zone store was built next to it & took up space where the drive thru lane used to be.

There's still a Pizza Hut on Michigan east of Schaefer & a Little Ceaser's on Schaefer north of W. Warren @ Gould.

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    I was just thinking. There has been a few of the chain restaurants in Dearborn that have closed over the years.

Big Boy on Michigan west of Oakman closed a few years ago. It's vacant. There is one still open on Michigan west of Telegraph I believe.
    Ponderosa on Greenfield north of Michigan closed a few years ago. Still vacant.
    KFC on W. Warren just west of Wyoming. Closed several years ago. Never reopened as anything. There is a KFC on Michigan still open just west of Miller Rd.
    Burger King on Schaefer north of Ford Rd. closed several years ago. Never reopened. An Auto Zone store was built next to it & took up space where the drive thru lane used to be.

There's still a Pizza Hut on Michigan east of Schaefer & a Little Ceaser's on Schaefer north of W. Warren @ Gould.
    BUT! How many new and different restaurants HAVE opened in Dearborn? I think the issue here is the current populace doesn't frequent the type of restaurants that have closed, but they've certainly opened their share of new ones. [[you forgot Bill Knapp's)

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I think the issue here is the current populace doesn't frequent the type of restaurants that have closed,
    I was trying to figure out how to address that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

How did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Doritos Locos Falafel Tacos? Kofta Quesalupas?

This is a funny thread, BTW. I had no idea there was such an interest in preserving a Dearborn Taco Bell.

I doubt it has too much to do with the ethnic changes; Arabs eat fast food and it isn't like all or even most are strict Halal. Does Taco Bell even carry pork products?
    Last edited by Bham1982; August-09-17 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Does Taco Bell even carry pork products?
    Halal no.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Doritos Locos Falafel Tacos? Kofta Quesalupas? ...
    Those are funny, but if someone opened a fusion Mexican / Middle Eastern place, I'd probably try it.