Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MicrosoftFan View Post
    To be clear, I am not supporting turning Amtrak into a building solely for trains. I support renovating one area in the station for a waiting room and rebuilding one or two platforms, the actual capital costs for these developments would be fools change compared to the cost of renovating the whole building. I think transit needs to have a future at MCS- otherwise, it isn't really Michigan Central STATION, now is it?
    It was never the "central station". It was the station for the Michigan Central Railroad [[a subsidiary of the New York Central Railroad).

The Union Station was up on Fort Street.

If everybody's dreams for mass transit come to pass and we have Q-lines radiating out Jefferson, Gratiot, Woodward, Grand River, Michigan, and Fort St the best place for a transit hub would be where they come together. How about a transit hub on the old Hudson's lot with the ground floor for transit and shops and the floors above a mix of office, condos, and hotel rooms? Seems a lit more efficient rather than to move it out to MCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Seems a lit more efficient rather than to move it out to MCS.
    Don't worry, Hermod. There is absolutely zero chance of that happening. MCS does not have trains in its future. As for QLines having a central terminal, I am not sure that is necessary. They're streetcars. No need for them to converge, so long as transferring between them is easy [[and between light rail and buses and people mover).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Don't worry, Hermod. There is absolutely zero chance of that happening. MCS does not have trains in its future. As for QLines having a central terminal, I am not sure that is necessary. They're streetcars. No need for them to converge, so long as transferring between them is easy [[and between light rail and buses and people mover).
    Not really worried, Mikey. Just trying to infuse some reality to the dreams of the SimCity-Detroit players here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3