Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Was that carjacking perpetrated against Chief Craig ever solved? The only reason why I as is that it sounded like bullshit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    This hasn't been going on just since Craig took the helm...it's been going on for many many many years.
    DPD implemented CompStat when Craig first took over.

Below tells you all you need to know about how it's used to manipulate crime reports...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cr...82818620120309

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    DPD implemented CompStat when Craig first took over.

Below tells you all you need to know about how it's used to manipulate crime reports...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cr...82818620120309
    2010 New York is proof that it is happening now in Detroit? Still not buying it.

A argument in my favor is the statistics that actually exist are horrific, worst in the nation bad, sickening. Who thinks the homicide rate is improving in Detroit? Nobody with a lick of common sense. Everyone knows the population is falling, has been for years yet the number of homicides is flat at best but the per capita rate is climbing higher. What's there to fudge? Terrible stats are terrible stats, what are you going to say "we aren't the worst in they country anymore now we're the third worst!" A ridicules boast if there ever was one.

A cut and paste with data:
    https://www.thetrace.org/2017/01/chi...-city-america/

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Hey, you're good @ cut and paste. That, and the fact you like to make things up, tells me you @ least made it to the first grade. It's bullshit to you because you just don't know any better. Keep armchair generaling from Auburn Hills, Patton.
    You are hysterical. You have literally thousands of smart ass funny quip posts here but someone throws one your way and you blow a gasket and attack. Pull up some city vs. suburbs than insults. Jokes are always on others but certainly not at your expence. Hysterical, no other word.

Lily oh Lily. Pictures of Lily! Did I strike a nerve? You do spend a lot of time on the computer...

Internet can be a crazy place sometimes.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; July-26-17 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Let me get this straight.

First you don't even know the sex of the DPD police chief in 2008. Next you see no difference in someone brought back to the DPD by Kwame Kilpatrick himself, promoted to chief by Kwame and then resigned as chief MINUTES after Kwame pled guilty to crimes. Probably most critical in this argument is Chief Craig was hired by Kevyn Orr [[who absolutely has no skin in this game) and was a police chief at 2 major police departments prior to coming to Detroit and you say it "changes nothing".

Be brave. Just say what your problem is with Detroit. There is no need to paint two very different people hired by people with polar opposite ethical standards with the exact same brush.
    nice run on conglomeration of logical fallacies you got there.You may even have invented a new one. Impressed though I am i'm not sure what you're trying to argue with me about so thx but no thx.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    You are hysterical. You have literally thousands of smart ass funny quip posts here but someone throws one your way and you blow a gasket and attack. Pull up some city vs. suburbs than insults. Jokes are always on others but certainly not at your expence. Hysterical, no other word.

Lily oh Lily. Pictures of Lily! Did I strike a nerve? You do spend a lot of time on the computer...

Internet can be a crazy place sometimes.

Name:  HORSESASS_small.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  12.7 KB

I think if you go back about 3 years there is an eev thread about purchasing there and it's relative "safety" that literally devolves into the same argument in almost the exact same amount of posts.

It seems like if there is any positive news about the neighborhoods of Detroit, there are those haters of the City of Detroit that will dismiss it, even those who live in the city that hate it [[Honky Tonk and 313WX). Why can't any of you believe that maybe, just maybe, there is ONE neighborhood of Detroit, outside of the downtown area, that might be improving just a little bit? Why can't you believe that's a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Was that carjacking perpetrated against Chief Craig ever solved? The only reason why I as is that it sounded like bullshit to me.
    It was an attempted carjacking, Craig took off because he wasn't a certified P.O. in Michigan and probably still isn't.

By the way, there is a difference between a homicide and a murder, a homicide is defined as any death by other than natural causes including suicide, drug o.d., & etc., so there is a difference between the homicide rate and the murder rate. Obviously, the murder rate tells the real story. There was a time when DPD counted anybody who died with drugs in their system as an o.d./suicide, regardless of the real cause of death - Wonder how CompStat handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    on 7/4 we stopped at that gas station at the corner of cadieux and harper at about 11:30pm. Chaotic scene with lots of activity and lots of young people 25-15 just kinda hanging out talking and yelling, lots of cars, deep loud bass. People panhandling for change inside the gas station. Saw 4 white people and they were all high as shit, 2 had been panhandling at the corners by the freeway when we got off 94. The guy was probably early 40s dressed like a teenager nodding out in line. His companion was a teenage girl who appeared to be sick. The occupant of the other corner had fallen asleep a foot from the service drive holding a sign and was leaning toward the road. Another guy was clearly on multiple somethings. Seems a lot hotter than it was when i lived there from 2000-2005. What i just described was more something i would see down at Outerdrive and Harper. Not EEV
    The Marathon at Warren & Cadieux has become equally as treacherous

^^^ Detroit DOES have gas stations where loiterers and other flotsam are not allowed to congregate. Get your gas and or goods and GO!!!

I only patronize these kinds of gas stations. Why take on the risk of drama or worse, especially at night? I promote the stations that attempt to do better with my business!
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-02-17 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    There was a time when DPD counted anybody who died with drugs in their system as an o.d./suicide, regardless of the real cause of death - Wonder how CompStat handles it.
    Acute lead poisoning?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2