It seems our friends the Moroun's are interested in being a part of the Detroit revival story by hosting an event on the 13th floor of the the Michigan Central Depot featuring celebrity and former Detroiter Lily Tomlin. This will kick off the "Detroit Homecoming" for 2017.

It has long befuddled me why the Morouns never brokered the PR potential of reviving and repurposing that dramatic property yet wasting $40 million in a futile attempt to change the Michigan constitution to block a second bridge that fired up hate toward them to even higher levels.

Maybe with leadership devolving on the son, they are belatedly waking up. However, before we get too excited, I heard on WDET this AM that Matthew Moroun said nothing further will happen until a commercial solution for the ground floor occurs, said in a manner that sounded like, "We're doing nothing more, but if someone else wants to we'll listen." Kind of like saying they'll do something if someone else pays for it.

As you can see from this recent picture I took, the ground floor windows are still missing. Imagine how this would glisten with a Book Tower style cleaning.
Name:  MCDS.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  141.1 KB