Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Much of the left does blame the west for 9/11.
    I would point out that there are many 9/11 Truthers on the Right, including your beloved Alex Jones. How many among the anti-Semitic Alt-Right believe that the Jews were responsible for 9/11?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    ... which might seem hard to believe for some, given the recent "recovery."

Just yesterday I stumbled upon the following graph in my files. It shows a shocking but clear pattern. Click it for a brief article on the subject, with a brief video.

As bad as the Bush II era was for US working people, the Obama years were worse. All the same, Kid Rock is not an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I would point out that there are many 9/11 Truthers on the Right, including your beloved Alex Jones. How many among the anti-Semitic Alt-Right believe that the Jews were responsible for 9/11?
    Details on who might have thought or did what are irrelevant. And wondering about the thoughts of various small irrelevant groups is also irrelevant.

We've made the move from policy to attitude in our politics. Kid Rock, Trump, Sanders are ideas. They are brands. They represent something to people. Nobody is doing the math on Bernie's policies. They just like that he's pushing education for the common man. Trump doesn't need a wall. He just needs to be perceived as wanting a wall. Its branding, dude. Who is in which camp? Nothing.

Trump is not the end. Not the last of his kind. Politics are being blown up. Polls mean nothing. Platforms are only virtue-signalling, not action. Nobody who loves President Obama likes his drone actions. Words have nothing to do with action anymore.

KR has words. And brand. And attitude.

I don't think he'll make the transition to Senate or the Presidency. Others like him will, however. Who'd thunk there's be a Senator Franken. Or Governator. Or The Body. They were the prototypes. More to come.
    Last edited by Wesley Mouch; August-31-17 at 12:00 PM. Reason: expound

^^^ Jerry Springer...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Details on who might have thought or did what are irrelevant. And wondering about the thoughts of various small irrelevant groups is also irrelevant.

We've made the move from policy to attitude in our politics. Kid Rock, Trump, Sanders are ideas. They are brands. They represent something to people. Nobody is doing the math on Bernie's policies. They just like that he's pushing education for the common man. Trump doesn't need a wall. He just needs to be perceived as wanting a wall. Its branding, dude. Who is in which camp? Nothing.

Trump is not the end. Not the last of his kind. Politics are being blown up. Polls mean nothing. Platforms are only virtue-signalling, not action. Nobody who loves President Obama likes his drone actions. Words have nothing to do with action anymore.

KR has words. And brand. And attitude.

I don't think he'll make the transition to Senate or the Presidency. Others like him will, however. Who'd thunk there's be a Senator Franken. Or Governator. Or The Body. They were the prototypes. More to come.
    He only has "name" if he legally changes his name to Kid Rock; as of now, on the ballot it would be Robert Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ^^^ Jerry Springer...
    We're veering off topic here... but I fondly remember an interview on WJR [[was it J.P.?) with JS, wherein he was announcing his new talk show as a forum for intellectual discussion.

Apparently cash spoke otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ^^^ Jerry Springer...
    Difference is that Springer transitioned from lawyer to Mayor to talk show host not from host to mayor. Now, if he runs for Governor he already has political background.

His official video for the song,Picture,on YouTube altered or scrubbed the lyrics from "fueling up on cocaine and whiskey"

To just Fueling up on whiskey. I guess that was a public relations edit,not sure why the need.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    His official video for the song,Picture,on YouTube altered or scrubbed the lyrics from "fueling up on cocaine and whiskey"

To just Fueling up on whiskey. I guess that was a public relations edit,not sure why the need.
    Maybe Seagram's a sponsor?

True,maybe a dead end trying to collect from Pablo on the other part.

Well, here ya go: From Howard Stern show this AM
    Mocking people who took the idea seriously, Kid Rock said this morning he's not running for U.S. Senate."F--- no, I’m not running for Senate. Are you kidding me?" Rock said on Howard Stern's SiriusXM show. "Who couldn’t figure that out? I’m releasing a new album. I’m going on tour too. Are you f------ s------- me?"
    Rock's new album, "Sweet Southern Sugar," will be released Nov. 3, Stern said.
    Rock said the Senate idea — which he has publicly toyed with for months — was a mixed blessing.
    "It’s the worst advice I ever gave myself, but it's been the most creative thing I’ve ever done," he said. "And I’ve gotten to see everyone’s true colors."

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    His new album is titled "Sweet Southern Sugar?" You know, for a guy born and raised in Michigan, he sure does like to pass himself off as being Southern. I think "Carpetbagger" might be the appropriate term here.

"Who couldn’t figure that out?"

Anyone who knows Donald Trump became president, that's who. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    His new album is titled "Sweet Southern Sugar?" You know, for a guy born and raised in Michigan, he sure does like to pass himself off as being Southern. I think "Carpetbagger" might be the appropriate term here.
    Not only "born and raised in Michigan" but born and raised by extremely wealthy parents in the Macomb County enclave of Romeo in a sweet $1.2 estate in a 5.5 acre orchard with pool, tennis courts and the whole shebang. The OG pimp my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    "Who couldn’t figure that out?"

Apparently posters on DetroitYES!

Kinda shows that he would actually make a good politician,say one thing to get support and then change it.

I am not really a fan of his per-say but a lot of his music seems to have a southern rock theme to it.
    Last edited by Richard; October-24-17 at 10:15 AM.

Just because he says it was a publicity stunt doesn't mean it was. We still don't really know.

The standard course of action for people running for office is to do the work behind the scenes to see how viable the campaign would be. And then either officially announcing, or quietly moving on, depending on how things look. In other words, Kid Rock already lost the primary before it even started.

Or it really was a publicity stunt. But imo that's kind of mean to his fans. His fans are the only ones who really took him seriously and he's basically calling them idiots. He's basically siding with the people who opposed him, who said that the idea of him running was preposterous and that it's either a publicity stunt or just a terrible idea. His fans are the ones who bought the Kid Rock for Senate hats and actually believed in him and thought he'd be a good person to represent the state [[a notion that he laughs off...).

^^^This. Everyone talks about how much he cares for his fans, well he had no problem duping them into buying a bunch of pointless merchandise because he wanted them to think he may run.

Southern fried kidrock.

I don't get these guys trying to be more Southern than Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.

The biggest mistake they made creating the otherwise very good video to promote Detroit for Amazon's HQ2 was to include Kid Rock in it. I guarantee you Kid Rock in no way embodies the "cultural fit" Amazon is looking for. It doesn't win Detroit any points to remind anyone Michigan is the kind of place that just might elect such a character to be Senator.

"it's been the most creative thing I’ve ever done"
    Yup. Pretty low bar, though.

I'm glad he's not running.

I hope his fans see how they were played to pump up merchandise and ticket sales to put their money in his pocket. There's nothing more patriotic than to criticize "kneelers" while you promote the rebel flag, pretend to care enough to run for office, only to later reveal that it was all just a hoax to get money from jilted rednecks that have been energized by an outwardly racist president and a quietly racist republic power structure.

I doubt his fans will care. They're free to do with their money as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I doubt his fans will care. They're free to do with their money as they please.
    I applaud Kid Carpetbagger for his efforts here. He's just made it that much easier to detect morons in public. Now whenever I see someone wearing a "Kid Rock 2018" t-shirt [[or any Kid Rock paraphernalia for that matter), I don't even need to speak to that person to instantly know that they are a total idiot. I can tell just by looking at them. Saves me time and effort.
    Last edited by aj3647; October-25-17 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    The biggest mistake they made creating the otherwise very good video to promote Detroit for Amazon's HQ2 was to include Kid Rock in it. I guarantee you Kid Rock in no way embodies the "cultural fit" Amazon is looking for. It doesn't win Detroit any points to remind anyone Michigan is the kind of place that just might elect such a character to be Senator.
    He may not be a "cultural fit" but I bet they sell his albums on their site

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Just because he says it was a publicity stunt doesn't mean it was. We still don't really know.

The standard course of action for people running for office is to do the work behind the scenes to see how viable the campaign would be. And then either officially announcing, or quietly moving on, depending on how things look. In other words, Kid Rock already lost the primary before it even started.

Or it really was a publicity stunt. But imo that's kind of mean to his fans. His fans are the only ones who really took him seriously and he's basically calling them idiots. He's basically siding with the people who opposed him, who said that the idea of him running was preposterous and that it's either a publicity stunt or just a terrible idea. His fans are the ones who bought the Kid Rock for Senate hats and actually believed in him and thought he'd be a good person to represent the state [[a notion that he laughs off...).
    Trial Balloon? Or Publicity Stunt? What's the difference?

Rock's astute enough to play his hand so he scores some points no matter what happens. One might not like him, but would be wise not to underestimate her. And on the other side, don't underestimate the desire of the public to break the current way we elect leaders. They remain a bunch of sweet talking fools, for the most part. Trump is a reflection more of this than anything he ever said or did. Most Trump voters don't expect him to do what he said. But they at least know that he's not a real politician.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast