Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

It could be said that Arnold Schwarnegger and even Ronald Regan were a radical choice. At least Kid Rock has been politically active for years and obviously proven to be a decent businessman. Oh, and he loves Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    It could be said that Arnold Schwarnegger and even Ronald Regan were a radical choice. At least Kid Rock has been politically active for years and obviously proven to be a decent businessman. Oh, and he loves Detroit
    Reagan and Schwarzenegger were both educated individuals who had a history of political involvement. Kid Rock is basically a dumb, bigoted redneck.

That said, I think he could actually win. Voters really are that stupid. Many wear ignorance as a badge of honor. And voting for Kid Rock certainly isn't more ridiculous than voting for a lying, grifter reality show host as President.

There are Salesmen and than there are businessmen.

The two professions are not interchangeable.

Very successful salesmen are still just salesmen. They may call themselves businessmen but that doesn't make them one.

After last November I would think more people would know the difference but I could be wrong on that.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; July-14-17 at 12:15 PM.

The GOP could also run this Trump-loving gem of an elected official from Kalkaska, who endorses the genocide of 1.6 billion people. Sort of mainstream thinking for Trumpers I guess. I am sure he considers himself a good Christian.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ial/472180001/
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; July-14-17 at 04:59 PM.

Man, does he have you buffaloed. Kinda like YOUR POTUS.

Have you seen the Senate hearings where that big giant head called Senator Al Franken made a fool of himself? What monumental credentials did he have before he ran? Rock could certainly do no worse, and even a 7th grader could do better. I say, go for it, Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    The GOP could also run this Trump-loving gem of an elected official from Kalkaska, who endorses the genocide of 1.6 billion people. Sort of mainstream thinking for Trumpers I guess. I am sure he considers himself a good Christian.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ial/472180001/
    Lots of lunatics liked Obama, too. Anyone in the public eye will attest that you have no control over who your fans are. Hitler was a big Richard Strauss man and the maestro couldn't stand the man. Literally ran away every time the dictator showed up to kiss his ring. Just because some whack-a-doo likes Trump, you can't paint the President with that same brush. An intellectually dishonest attempt on your part, DOTWC.

I've posted it before and I'll post it again, "politics" in the last 20 years have taken on a "sports" mentality, both for the players and the fans. The last Presidential election in this country was a travesty, from both sides. No one cares about competence or issues, they just put on their jerseys and cheer for their team. If their team loses, they break out their neighbors windows. Welcome to the wonderful world of tabloid media.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    Lots of lunatics liked Obama, too. Anyone in the public eye will attest that you have no control over who your fans are. Hitler was a big Richard Strauss man and the maestro couldn't stand the man. Literally ran away every time the dictator showed up to kiss his ring. Just because some whack-a-doo likes Trump, you can't paint the President with that same brush. An intellectually dishonest attempt on your part, DOTWC.
    . People who advocate mass genocide are not "whack-a-doos" - they are evil and dangerous. And the occupant of the White House actively and intentionally spurs this hatred on for his own narcissistic purposes, consequences be damned. Your false equivalency of "lots of lunatics liked Obama" is "sad", to quote our eloquent president. It fails bigly.

President Truman went from being a garment maker to Vice President,when Roosevelt passed and he took office he had no clue how to run a country.

But he did it right in the middle of a world war,it had been said he had a total of 3 conversations with President Roosevelt while he was in office and was not even aware of the nuclear project.

The country has a history of presidents that had little expirence before taking office,it is what they accomplish while in office that detirmines what a great leader is and not what happened before thier post.
    Last edited by Richard; July-15-17 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I've posted it before and I'll post it again, "politics" in the last 20 years have taken on a "sports" mentality, both for the players and the fans. The last Presidential election in this country was a travesty, from both sides. No one cares about competence or issues, they just put on their jerseys and cheer for their team. If their team loses, they break out their neighbors windows. Welcome to the wonderful world of tabloid media.
    100% Correct.

Politics absolutely does have a "sports mentality" now.

If you agree with a single point that one side makes than you are accused of being a full on supporter by the other and therefore agree with everything in their fucked up world of "if there for it than were against it".

It's crazy insane. These idiots couldn't blow out a match if it was going to burn the country down if it required bipartisan support.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    True.

The delusional Clinton supporters [[the same Clintons who stand for absolutely nothing except whatever their donors desire) and Clinton-friendly MSM proved this.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    True.

The delusional Clinton supporters [[the same Clintons who stand for absolutely nothing except whatever their donors desire) and Clinton-friendly MSM proved this.
    Ah, the projection from the Trump cult is very telling. Shouldn't you be writing in Russian?

The problem with politics is apparently a non-politican. Someone retired from public office, who will never run for public office again. It isn't the horrible actual President and his disgusting, sycophant, anti-American enablers.

Have you seen the Senate hearings where that big giant head called Senator Al Franken made a fool of himself? What monumental credentials did he have before he ran? Rock could certainly do no worse, and even a 7th grader could do better. I say, go for it, Rock!
    You think Kid Rock could "do no worse" in politics than a Harvard-educated lifetime political wonk? LOL! The cult in full effect!

The homeless dude on the corner could probably perform better surgery than the Beaumont head of surgery too! As long as he isn't a "libtard"!

You probably think Harvard is a negative on a resume. Better to have a dumb, racist redneck waving the Confederate flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Ah, the projection from the Trump cult is very telling. Shouldn't you be writing in Russian?

The problem with politics is apparently a non-politican. Someone retired from public office, who will never run for public office again. It isn't the horrible actual President and his disgusting, sycophant, anti-American enablers.
    I didn't vote for Trump. And LOL at you insinuating that I like Trump.

The Koch-funded DLC has come full circle and is not only close to destroying the Democratic Party, but is also 100% responsible for creating Trump.

http://fortune.com/2016/06/03/imf-ne...alism-failing/
    Last edited by 313WX; July-15-17 at 12:01 PM.

Reagan and Schwarzenegger were both educated individuals who had a history of political involvement. Kid Rock is basically a dumb, bigoted redneck.
    Couldn't disagree more. I've not met the man, but have worked closely with people who were personally involved with business dealings w/ Mr. Ritchie. They don't share your insulting opinion of him. Mr. Ritchie seems to be well-liked and respected.
    That said, I think he could actually win. Voters really are that stupid. Many wear ignorance as a badge of honor. And voting for Kid Rock certainly isn't more ridiculous than voting for a lying, grifter reality show host as President.
    Couldn't agree more.

Jack Lessenberry recently wrote a very cryptic [[albeit accurate) article in the Metro Times related to this subject, and why the Democrats have been [[and continue to get) wiped out...

https://www.metrotimes.com/detroit/w...nt?oid=4372599
    Last edited by 313WX; July-15-17 at 07:04 PM.

If Kid Rock wants to be a successful politician, he can, he just has to put the work in and take the job and its responsibilities seriously.

As far as I can tell that is not something he is interested in doing.

I do think this whole thing is Kid Rock A) having a laugh and B) publicity in advance of a new album.

Al Franken graduated cum laude from Harvard with a BA in government.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    President Truman went from being a garment maker to Vice President,when Roosevelt passed and he took office he had no clue how to run a country.

But he did it right in the middle of a world war,it had been said he had a total of 3 conversations with President Roosevelt while he was in office and was not even aware of the nuclear project.

The country has a history of presidents that had little expirence before taking office,it is what they accomplish while in office that detirmines what a great leader is and not what happened before thier post.
    Between clothing store owner and VP, he spent 8 years as a county judge and 10 years as a US Senator, including running the well-respected Truman Committee. Truman was the last president elected who did not have a college degree.

Have you seen the Senate hearings where that big giant head called Senator Al Franken made a fool of himself?
    I did, and don't for a second think Franken made a fool of himself. Did you see him question Judge Neil Gorsuch?

Sen Franken [[D-Minn) Questions Gorsuch on Fired Truck Driver
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c46624...d-truck-driver
    Last edited by bust; July-16-17 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    Between clothing store owner and VP, he spent 8 years as a county judge and 10 years as a US Senator, including running the well-respected Truman Committee. Truman was the last president elected who did not have a college degree.
    Not to mention Captain Harry Truman having lead troops in the Muse-Argonne in WWI whose men would follow him anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post

While I would support Kid Rock over Debbie Stabenow in a heartbeat, I am quite excited about Robert Young's candidacy.
    While I have no clue if you are male or female , by your name I have to wonder if you are a current resident of the State of Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    While I have no clue if you are male or female , by your name I have to wonder if you are a current resident of the State of Michigan?
    Male, and yes. I am a native Detroiter who lived in NYC for awhile. I moved back years ago, but kept the handle I started using when in NY.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast