Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    More educated people of many different skin tones in the city who really could care less about race, ethnicity or orientation of the folks that they live close to. That issue is finally dying off and being buried or cremated slowly but surely and urban areas will be the first places that it will be eradicated almost completely.
    Sigh..... More discussion about "Skin tones" rather than "content of character". Typical libtard attitude.

My wish is that it becomes as socially unacceptable to talk about race and deploy identity politics as it is to use the N-word today.

What many on the left mistake for racism is actually disgust over identity politics and people demanding special treatment and victim status and handouts on the backs of those that work hard and pay the bills for this nonsense.

Detroit was great [[like the rest of America) when we all accepted responsibility for our successes and failures and didn't blame others when we failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    No, I am pretty sure Illinois has Michigan beat in that category.
    As a transplanted Detroiter now living in Chicago, I can attest to the fact that Illinois beats Michigan in dysfunction and corruption.

Some of you may not know this, but we don't have democracy in Illinois. We the People cannot even amend our own state constitution without "permission" from either a crony state legislature [[with criminals like Madigan and Cullerton running it) or a crony libtard supreme court.

Last election, we got an overwhelming number of signatures to get an amendment on the ballot to amend our state constitution to allow for an independent commission to do re-districting, but the crony supreme court denied us the right of self determination and democracy and threw it off the ballot.

If the people don't have the right to amend their founding document, they don't live in a democracy or a republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    In 20 years, Detroit will still tell a tale of two cities. With the influx of young energetic people, and optimistic and undaunted out-of-towners like the Old-New Yorkers coming in, downtown Detroit will be much like many nicer cities in the U.S. Mixed-use developments will create medium-to-high end housing, plus commercial. And small-to-medium sized industry just outside of downtown will recapture an echo of some of our former industrial identity.

The outer neighborhoods will continue to be run by ferals.

The struggle will be in keeping the violence and lawlessness of the neighborhoods from upsetting the delicate ecosystem being built downtown. Too little law enforcement and the ferals will loot and pillage. Too much law enforcement and the ferals will loot & burn.

City & State Government will need to keep the entrepreneurial engine running in the city center, while taking as much grant money from the Federales as possible to feed the outer neighborhoods to hopefully keep them fat, drunk, and happy enough to not stagger into downtown to cause trouble.
    I only wish my old neighborhood [[EEV - Bedford and Cornwall area) would get "discovered" by those out of towners who wish to move closer to the action. Beautiful unique homes, mostly brick. So far, my old house is standing, but may not be for long.

[Pet Peeve alert: Any of the areas with English names like Haverhill, Chatsworth, Bedford, etc are PART OF EAST ENGLISH VILLAGE. The is NO SUCH THING as "Morningside". This is a fictional name invented by someone recently and renames a neighborhood which was always part of East English Village. Please STOP using the name "Morningside" - it is meaningless. My old street [[Bedford) is PART OF EEV].
    Last edited by takascar; July-31-17 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    If the people don't have the right to amend their founding document, they don't live in a democracy or a republic.
    Individuals in the US don't have that right either; amendment process requires action by Congress and/or state legislatures.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Individuals in the US don't have that right either; amendment process requires action by Congress and/or state legislatures.
    Thats not true at the state level. Almost all states allow citizens to vote on amending state constitutions..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5