Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    It's frightening that a device can have such an arresting effect on one's mind. It's reminiscent of the plot from Invasion of The Body Snatchers.
    I don't know if you looked @ the other link I posted but:

"According to the Michigan State Police Criminal Justice Information Center, there were 7,516 crashes in Michigan involving distracted driving during 2015, resulting in 28 fatalities and 3,472 injuries. This was up from 5,353 crashes in 2014, resulting in 14 fatalities and 2,401 injuries. Of the distracted driving crashes in 2015, a cell phone was involved in 753 crashes, with three fatalities and 251 injuries."

Those are sobering figures to me. [[pun intended) This morning all the way to the freeway entrance, the car in front of me didn't move @ every light when the light turned green. I finally went around him, sure enough, the guy's scratching @ his cell phone. Identical scenario once I got off of the freeway on on to the surface street @ the other end. This is going to go like the gun lobbyists. People are going to be be dying from distracted driving, but they're going to keep encouraging using this technology while driving because people are having fun.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-05-17 at 08:09 AM.