Hello everyone,

I'm Aude, a French PhD student in Geography [[University of Paris 1) currently beginning a dissertation on abandoned places and urban ruins as tourist attractions in Detroit and Berlin, Germany. While researching on the internet, I came across DetroitYes forums, on which I found very interesting discussions on these issues, so I decided to post here to ask for your help in this research project.

Listening to how Detroiters feel and to what they have to say about it is very important to me as part of this research, as I think tourism can only be fully understood by taking into account the views, feelings and interests of the locals and not only those of tourists and tour organizers.

This is why I would like to kindly ask everyone of you who'd accept to take a few minutes of his/her time to share his/her views on the topic. I'm really interested in everything you could tell me about it - no matter if you're condemning or praising tourism in abandoned places, if you're a native Detroiter, a new one, a tourist interested in ruins, a tour organizer or whatever : every insight would be valuable to me !

It would also really help a lot if you could tell me a bit about yourself and especially what your connection to Detroit is, so that I kind of know where the opinions on this tourism in abandoned places are expressed from, but I might already have asked too much.

I'm in Detroit until July 12th and would also love to meet for a talk on these issues if some of you think they have way to much things to say about it

Thank you so much for your help, have a great day !

Best,
Aude