Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zads07 View Post
    How much does Ilitch pay you for this gig? I'm seriously interested.
    Yes, Steve please give it a rest. You've earned your paycheck from Ilitch for this week.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Yes, Steve please give it a rest. You've earned your paycheck from Ilitch for this week.
    And the Ilitch haters on this forum?

Can the U.N. send peacekeepers here? Lol.

This site is "DetroitYes" not "IlitchNo."

I agree this site would be 100% better if folks would discuss brick and mortar and not ad hominem attacks on those trying to make Detroit better.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post

I agree this site would be 100% better if folks would discuss brick and mortar and not ad hominem attacks on those trying to make Detroit better.
    I would be more concerned if residents were not getting involved,I believe
    everybody posting here wants nothing more then to see Detroit succeed and get better.

I also belive that there is also a learning curve and realize that it is smart citizenship to get better in a more responsible way then what has happened in the past.

I also believe that asking the same citizens to fund $450 million dollars and realize that for the next 30 years no tax collection will occur on that site, other then residual buildout based on speculation,to basically shut up and sit down and trust us is a bit of a stretch.

Yes the tax capture includes school funds but the state has agreed to make up that difference,so now it is trusting the state to do that in the best interests of the city and private investment in the surrounding district to make up the difference.

The next thing coming down the line is all of that proposed private investment in residential,hotels etc. are going to be coming to the DDA and asking for the exact same thing.

The entire area gets rehabilitated but the city coffers short term will see no revenue tax streams outside of actual jobs and paychecks spent in other businesses in the city,hopefully.

Long term 30 years down the road it should be good for the city,but 30 years down the road then the stadium is old and out dated and the call for a replacement will begin,rinse and repeat.

So one is asking the residents to give up a large part of the city to create a dead zone for the next 30 years in tax revenues and the residents are asking in exchange to at least perserve a little bit of the cities history.

Why is that even an issue or that complicated?
    Last edited by Richard; June-24-17 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...I believe
    everybody posting here wants nothing more then [[sic) to see Detroit succeed and get better.
    Common sense, private conversations that I've heard from some so-called Detroit boosters, and even some comments that some so-called pro-Detroiters have made on this forum would say otherwise.

You don't see the irony do you?

Nobody on on this board ever could come anywhere close to keeping the Ilitch failures right in the top ten subjects here constantly than you Steve.

You launch into your daily worship then mountains and reems of evidence to the contrary comes out of scores of posters eroding the family reputation here daily and in perpetuity.

No, you are not on the payroll that's for sure. People like you are a public relations deptment's worst nightmare. They want the bad stuff to fade away, you succeed in dredging it up constantly.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; June-24-17 at 04:59 PM.

Nice try, Steve. Trying to turn it around so you and Mikey are the victims here. 25 square miles of asphalt for personal gain isn't my definition of making Detroit "better". Especially when my tax dollars are being used to do it.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-25-17 at 07:18 AM.

Steve: What is your zip code? Mine is 48224. Just curious, easy to advocate for welfare for the rich when the negative impacts don't affect your city.