Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: WW2 Buffs

Threaded View

Default WW2 Buffs

On YouTube and under WW2 metal detecting

After the close of WW2 and the German purge that followed,which is considered at 16 million,the largest ethnic cleansing and relocation in history,on the Eastern front and up until the fall of communism sort of in Russia the remains of fallen soldiers,civilians and weapons were kinda just allowed to lay where they fell.

Now there is a mix of civilian volunteers that call in the military when the live ammo is found,scour the battle sites with metal detectors and find the burried foxholes and dig them back up.

When I first started watching the videos where skeleton remains are I wondered what they did with the remains.

You have to figure that they are in the millions.

So what I found out,was what they are doing is trying to identify who the remains are which is near impossible because the dog tags back then only applied to what unit one was in.

So what they do is bag the remains and then re bury them with a funeral service in a massive unknown soldier cemetery.

They pay for all of this by raising funds by selling the relics that they find.They are just everyday people doing something that was not allowed for 70 years.

I think it is pretty cool that after 70 years this is happening.

They are pulling fully stocked tanks and equipment from lakes and mud bogs anything that was used in battle at that time lays where it was dropped or buried at the time from bomb drops.

Kinda sad and interesting at the same time.
    Last edited by Richard; June-08-17 at 06:12 PM.