Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Marijuana?

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Marijuana?
    I proposed that before it became a thing. Unfortunately, Detroit didn't act fast enough.

The indications from the Trump administration is that it will likely be legal at the federal level soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    This would have made more sense in A2, Lansing or Port Huron than Detroit. Further south like Indy or Columbus would have been even better.

But since it's yet another Jeffy company, I hope it goes belly up sooner than later.
    It reminds me of the dot com stuff,stock keeps going up while the company shows no profit,I wonder what it would be like if the billions in fed money was stopped.

It is like all retailers,they are only king of the hill for so long before somebody else comes up and unseats them.

Detroit could have multiple of industries to put it back on the map. The Detroit River could also be used for revenue. A garment district could be developed somewhere in the East side around the Gratiot MacDougall area where fashionable clothing, not just items with the old English D on them, that could rival New York and Paris. A tech industry that has their developing and upgrading of software and hardware for computers and other electronic items. One thing is keeping the neighborhoods affordable and safe to live in. Enough of focusing on downtown but focus on rebuilding the neighborhoods but not forcing residents who had lived in these areas out by gentrification but building new homes or renovating the empty homes in the areas and the purchasers living in them and not renting them out or flipping them. Let's these communities lure those who don't want to pay the high c9st of rent downtown midtown and those m8vimg here from places such as New York who want a affordable home with a front yard and back yard

Then perhaps the employers will catch up to remove marijuana from the list of drugs screening.

In the meantime, tough times for certain jobs if you pop positive.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The indications from the Trump administration is that it will likely be legal at the federal level soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Then perhaps the employers will catch up to remove marijuana from the list of drugs screening.

In the meantime, tough times for certain jobs if you pop positive.
    I heard a recent story on WWJ radio confirming this.

Employers are so desperate to hire that they're beginning to waive positive drug tests.

Obviously they wouldn't do this if the employees couldn't perform their tasks while "stoned."

So, apparently, marijuana intoxication doesn't impact performance significantly for some [[menial?) jobs.

So zero tolerance is sometimes a bad thing?

Go figure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4