Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
Here is the Detnews article on QLine.

http://ux.detroitnews.com/story/news...ide/101533220/

One thing that bothers me: 20 - 25 minutes between trains.
It's a confusing quote in the article, but I don't think that's what they are saying.

“Stopping at every stop, it might take about 30 minutes,” M-1 Rail spokeswoman Sommer Woods said. “The goal is to get it down to having a streetcar at every station every 20-25 minutes.”

In context, she's talking about how long it will take a streetcar to run the entire length; I think she's trying to say that initially it will take about 30 minutes but they want to get that down to 20-25 minutes. I think she meant "The goal is to get it down to having [the] streetcar [visit] every station every 20-25 minutes."

Most previous articles said streetcars would come every 15 minutes, and there was a recent one in this flurry of coverage saying there would be four streetcars in service at most times out of the six available. Based on the quote, it will take on average 60 minutes for each vehicle to go New Center - Congress - New Center. Divide that by 4 streetcars and you get 15 minutes until the next streetcar arrives at any particular station.

I would still much prefer every 12 or 10 minutes [[five or six vehicles in service at a time), but then I'm not paying for operations.