Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
Except for Mitch Albom's column in the Sunday paper, not a mention of this incident in the newspapers since last Thursday.

I just don't get it.
Well the story became newsworthy again when the boy had to appear in court.

For the life of me and because I have a Black mother, I wish these stupid Black mothers stay off television. They are making mothers of Black boys and girls incredibly ignorant.

First you have Sharon Taylor appear before the camera, weave looking tight professing her boy's innocence. Now, I understand her not throwing her son under the bus but her statement was straight from BizarroWorld. She says her boy is not a problem child yet he was a ward of the state. This is the same boy that she has seen in three months and she says that she don't want people to judge her boy. Then she should be judged. Guilty of negligent parenting.

Then you have Nakeeya Harris, the mother of Detroit's newest kid murderer. Again, the weave is tight and what do you know another black mother on television repeating the same old cliché; my son is a good boy. He couldn't have done this. He gets good grades and plays basketball. Now, I could accept this but......what about those bullets found in the bedroom?

Before I continue, I mentioned that I have a Black mother just like these boys yet my mother raised me right. My mother had a nasty habit of going in my bedroom and would knock everything I had to the floor for me to clean up. If I had clothes lying around, books out of place, toys on the floor, they would be in a nice pile of sh*t in the middle of the floor. I didn't like it, but she was the mother and the boss.

Back to Ms. Harris, when asked about the bullets that was found in her son's room, she said "I don’t have the slightest idea." Unacceptable!! Unacceptable because as a parent, she is suppose be aware of her son's activities. There is nothing wrong with a parent snooping in their kids bedroom. Ms. Harris is also praying for the Babcock family. Now, I suppose there is wrong with praying for the family that is grieving but all the praying in the world is not going to bring back that girl. Pray for your family because it was shattered just like the Babcocks.

I am tired of seeing these pathetic mothers getting on TV attempting to sidestep their shortcomings as a parent.