Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    You are one to be debate aren't you? Okay, since you want to probe my mind, let me enlighten you.

Fact: Dogs don't raise dogs. I never known of a mother dog raising its pups. Puppies learn how to piss, how to dig up the yard, how to chase the mailman, how to sense danger because of instinct and nature.

I used the dog/cat example to show even in a bizarre scenario, a dog, a female dog would not be able to change a cat because of instinct and nature it would always be a cat even under the influence of a dog.

You have to excuse me, I have a Brainac approach to thinking. I guess you say I have three dimensional thinking.
    No, I didn't ask to probe your mind. Let's just say you're smarter than the rest of us and let it go at that.

I myself can see things like this happening more and more not just in the City , But in the "safeness" of the burbs also.I can see some thing like this happening where I live judging from what I have seen in the last 5yrs.It's a shame But I guess it is what life has evolved into.

Ggores,

You colorfully illustrated how crime in that area is prevalent, but not rewarded.

Crumbled Pavement, I could not agree with you more about the ounce of prevention = pound of cure. I feel that the money given to after-school programs, sports, arts/music in school curriculum are worth their weight in gold. It's cheaper, economically and emotionally, than later housing people as adult [[or unfortunately child-) prisoners.

When will we wake up as a society & realize this? Our long-term thinking is lost.

R8RBOB quoted : Everything you said here was nonsense. Just reading this, I had to pause and ask, are you 12 years old?

NO! I'm not 12 years old.

Your grammar is poor, words misspelled and you aren't making any points one could relate to and you call yourself a street prophet? You should not give up your day job.

Twenty-Five percent of the American People are illiterate. They will correct their grammar when they see a spelling daemon. Get use to it. Our American education system is NOT PEFERCT, just ethics and morals.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

The people of Detroit MUST take action to change this city. It takes a revolution for Neda Soltani's sake.

I don't see how it can't be seen that crime is rewarded. Of course it is. One's reputation grows as the stories of their deeds get told. Bangers with bigger rap sheets are more highly regarded and feared than someone who only has one misdemeanor. That's just how it is.

blksoul_x Guest

The amerikkkan' government ought to share a huge responsibility in fixing the problem they helped produce in the poorer Black African population. The rise of the crack economy in order to devastate the broader Black African population, whether it was intended or not, we are witnessing the consequence; Hence the rise of social violence or 'acting out' in society, more specifically the African culture.

So don't just look toward individual responsibilities, [[as in the 12 year old), look at the broader culture culpability as well__go figure!

blksoul-atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

Ravine Guest

Blksoul_x:

Do tell.

Well, I have gone and figured, and here's what I came up with:

The main reason why our culture is so fucked up is that the entire concept of individuals being responsible for their actions and being held to that responsibility has gone out the fuckin' window while we screw around with idiotic notions about how folks are victims of their environment, not guilty by reason of insanity, or, in a broader and even more heinously moronic sense, how the perversions of our culture have twisted up their helpless little psyches and blown them, this way and that way, like dry leaves in the wind.

You keep saying, "Go Figure," so I decided to give it a shot.

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    The amerikkkan' government ought to share a huge responsibility in fixing the problem they helped produce in the poorer Black African population. The rise of the crack economy in order to devastate the broader Black African population, whether it was intended or not, we are witnessing the consequence; Hence the rise of social violence or 'acting out' in society, more specifically the African culture.
    Yet somehow the "Amerikkkan" government's evil plans have had bascially no impact whatsover on the millions of immigrant blacks who perform similar to other immigrants, and do not have disproportionate rates of "social violence".

As for "poorer population", Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere, yet its immigrants in the U.S. are among the most successful newcomers, while African Americans are the richest blacks on earth, and have massive social problems. There goes that theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    So don't just look toward individual responsibilities, [[as in the 12 year old), look at the broader culture culpability as well__go figure!
    Right, like the overemphasis on religion, the rejection of common social values, and the dissolution of family structure? None are unique in our African American community, but all are hitting AAs the hardest.

Dude, the government is putting crack cocaine in the ghettos to keep the black population down!

/sarcasm. [[sorry for the late edit, diver)
    Last edited by NoHeartAnthony; August-23-09 at 01:12 PM.

diver1369 Guest

Right on, Crawford, for the succinct analysis of the black urban dilemma.

NoHeartAnthony, that's a tired old retread of a government conspiracy against black people. Instead of crack, substitute venereal disease, AIDS, heroin from years past and current. Your theory absents freedom of will and choice and taking responsibility for one's action. On the other hand, if there is such a government conspiracy, it's victims are certainly cooperating with the plan.
    Last edited by diver1369; August-23-09 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crawford View Post
    As for "poorer population", Haiti is the poorest country in the Western hemisphere, yet its immigrants in the U.S. are among the most successful newcomers, while African Americans are the richest blacks on earth, and have massive social problems. There goes that theory.
    Not that I'm particularly interested in engaging this conversation with any of you but... You are comparing apples to oranges. The vast majority of Haitian immigrants to the U.S. come from the privileged classes there. Speaking in terms of class privilege, you're comparing the top 5% of Haiti to the bottom 75% of black America.

Same goes for Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, or any random West Indian country from which immigrant blacks originate. And I think it is safe to say that Haiti in total has more issues going that are threatening their existence than black America. Some of it self-inflicted, much of it not.

diver1369 Guest

Quote from iheartthed: Not that I'm particularly interested in engaging this conversation with any of you but... You are comparing apples to oranges. The vast majority of Haitian immigrants to the U.S. come from the privileged classes there. Speaking in terms of class privilege, you're comparing the top 5% of Haiti to the bottom 75% of black America.
    What is your evidence for this statement?

A friend's father in Florida ran a landscaping business for over 20 years. Most of his workers were Haitian and he found them to be hard working. Many were illegals who would not be part of the 5% you claim. When my friend's father retired, he gave the business to one of his Haitian workers out of gratitude for his loyal service.

Sludgedaddy Guest

....Bring back frontal lobotomies, emulate the "Ludiveko Technique" as Anthony Burgess envisioned in his novel "A Clockwork Orange." Force feed these abominations of genetics gone awry with heavy doses of Joan Baez music, massive doses of LSD and the continual repetitive showing of Canadian Children's programming. Contrary to what Blksoul X espouses....a new generation inspired by Mr. Dressup shall inherit the 21st Century!!!! Friendly Giants on the New Frontier !!!.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    Quote from iheartthed: Not that I'm particularly interested in engaging this conversation with any of you but... You are comparing apples to oranges. The vast majority of Haitian immigrants to the U.S. come from the privileged classes there. Speaking in terms of class privilege, you're comparing the top 5% of Haiti to the bottom 75% of black America.
    What is your evidence for this statement?

A friend's father in Florida ran a landscaping business for over 20 years. Most of his workers were Haitian and he found them to be hard working. Many were illegals who would not be part of the 5% you claim. When my friend's father retired, he gave the business to one of his Haitian workers out of gratitude for his loyal service.
    Privileged here in the U.S. is not the same as privileged in Haiti. If your father's friend's workers were even half literate then they were part of the "5%"...

blksoul_x Guest

First off, let me make this clear. The typical, 'basic-white' response out of my point is referred to 'blaming the white-man'....HOW ARROGANT! There are many success stories and applications that are built out of the black experience in amerikkka', despite the many pejoratives of white racism, [[See Barack Obama, and Michael Eric Dyson). To even THINK that my point was giving merit to the 'basic-white' attitude and behavior for solely limiting the broader Black African experience, shows the white supremacist mindset__go figure!

Again, [[to elaborate a bit), to speak on the external cause of devastation within the poorer Black population, that is the amerikkkan' funded drug economy__when we talk about the legacy of a drug society, or drug generation, or crack society, there is no question that crack society babies in the ghetto, have noticeable and manifest physical symptoms from their genetic inheritance, from parent, mothers, fathers, etc, who may have been addicted to the crack society themselves, [[not necessarily users, but, adapting to the rules and behavior of such a society). In other-words, unconsciously attaching themselves in the womb of social despair and nihilistic behavior of a crack economy and the rule and tyranny connected with it that may INDEED interrupt the process of socialization, where being born within a crack environment has LETHAL consequences, in this case, on the Black poor, and the connectivity of the broader Black experience. Behavior issues like chemical neuro-physiological structure of the body, so that the interaction between physiology and chemistry is all out of whack. Therefore, the children and their off-springs of such an UNCHECKED society will act in haywire.

The inability to perform, think and concentrate in the classroom, and at home, may just stem in the addiction process of a crack society. If the process of surviving in such an atmosphere goes UNCHECKED, the devastation and damage can be irreversible. To be sure, one has to look no further than the time of the down-slide [[or fragmentation) of the broader Black community which all started by the early 80's inducement of amerikkkas' drug economy.

Again, and I reiterate, [[which most of the 'basic-white' mental skipped over), whether it was INTENDED or NOT, the Black community is dealing with the systems of an amerikkkan' drug economy. We all need to broaden our horizon of understanding. It's not has simple as 'personal responsibility', what we are dealing with is an inheritance or [[social adaptation), similar to how the broader Black world struggled to adapt to a historical social degradation of white hegemony, and the political economy predicated on such a vicious philosophy.

[[Read the book, 'CITY OF QUARTZ', by Mike Davis, a white guy, speaking on the political economy of the amerikkkan' crack system.)

What amazes me is the unabashed hubris, and disregard in the mindset of 'basic- white' people and the white-apologist on this site and in the broad world, to say to the unfortunate people caught up in such a tangle web of nihilism ought to simply pick themselves up by the bootstraps. Heck, ya' give more love to Dogs, [[see Michael Vick).

Yeah, of course, it's easy for some to sit around all day and bellyache on their laptops in their comfy homes, and quite neighborhoods, while slurping a five dollar cup starbucks cappuccino, whilst their only concerned is what tie or skirt they will wear to the office Monday morning. You sit up bellyaching and pointing the finger at people who don't understand the word 'future', 'success' and the term 'personal responsibility'. How can one understand personal responsibility when one has never seen responsibility. The average young blood strapping a pistol ain't got no laptop, ain't got no comfy home, ain't got 5 bucks to sip on a cappuccino, but they understand the method of surviving. Whether it's in the same survival of the larger society's moral concept, [[like get'n a job), or the white-house survival tactics [[like trading guns for drug sales in the hoods), fundamentally, it's the same agency. Only the young bloods choose to apply their own set of rules.

The fact the most basic-white people will claim personal responsibility, does not mean, under the pressure of social despair, and degradation, social responsibility is not always the first viable option. To be sure, put in such a desparate state, most would probably just 'end it all'...as we've witnessed a rise in suicides and white militia paranoia in the midst of amerikkkas' staggering economy.

On the white hand, basic-white people can ask the government to fix its social-economic problems, to which the government created [[and admitted), but on the Black hand, when it comes to fixing the problem of despair that the government created [[illegal drug distribution) in the poorer Black population, it's called 'personal responsibility'. Where is the culpability!__go figure!

The amerikkkan' government owes the Black population a heck of a lot! Barack Obama has 4 years to set African reciprocity in motion.

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

BSX, I hate to break it to you, but I don't think the President is aware of your plans for him. Please call the White House to notify him so he can get right to work on that [[although, please wait about a week or so, because I hear he's on vacation on Martha's Vineyard with the fam). I think he's been preocupied with running the country.

crawford Guest

Um, BSX, you know that Obama is white too? And he was raised by white folks and lived in white areas? How do you know he's not part of "The Plan"?

And his black roots are from Kenya, which is completely different than either African American roots [[the South) or even the descendants of African American roots [[West Africa). Kenyans are as close to the Horn of Africa as Europeans are to the Horn of Africa.

I bet you Obama is sitting down right now, with his fellow white surpremacists [[like powerful Charlie Rangel, Chairman of Ways and Means), plotting the crack, AIDS, and guns-based strategy to bring down the black people!

Blksoul,
    I respect your views even if I can't totally understand them all, especially since this is not an issue I have read about or reviewed extensively. In many ways, you are probably right the drug economy that plagues black neighborhoods. I read and reread your post, trying to understand your viewpoint. I can't help but disagree heartily with the sweeping generalizations about white folks though. I am a member of the working poor, living barely above poverty with no health insurance or political power. There are no $5 lattes, and no laptop. The internet connection is a free wi-fi guest network and the old desktop is a hand me down from someone who wanted me to get a chance to own a computer who thoughtfully gave it to me. The government is not going to help me or address my needs just because I am a white American. Most of my peers are in similar situations, living hand to mouth, one paycheck away from disaster. The skirt and tie we ponder wearing to our jobs purchased from the neighborhood thrift shop. It's kooky to paint this picture of the Starbucks drinking, laptop usin' whitey. It's funny to me, because it is so far from my reality and most of the white people who I know, who are admittedly, poor like me. White people are not so weak that we will just "end it all" in the face of financial adversity, there have always been poor white folks, always! Always will be, too.

As far as picking ourselves up by our bootstraps, as human beings, what other choice do we have? Do you really advocate that black folks do not attempt to use free will, rational thought and good judgment to improve their lives, but instead wait for government to step in and make the world a better place for poor urban African Americans? Really? It seems like a mistake to rely an institution such as a U.S. government for such a thing. When I try to figure out how to get out of my woeful financial situation and improve my career prospects, government does not enter my mind, except of course for government student aid grants which have covered all my expenses at Wayne County Community College. I am trying to get out of this life of poverty. I am studying to be a nurse. I am pulling myself up by my bootstraps. It is the only way out for me. Grants are available regardless of color, in fact there is quite a lot of money out there for African Americans. Last year, my teacher urged students to contact the United Negro College Fund, as they had over one million dollars in unclaimed, unused scholarship monies available.

I would like to understand your argument, but I can't. What can the government due to improve individual lives? There has to be something within a person, a fire to succeed. If you see the drug economy as a viable path, isn't that just poor judgment? I could have grown weed in my basement, I suppose, but to me, that risks outweighed the potential benefits of such an undertaking, so I live within the law because I value my freedom and I am not going to give anybody any excuse to limit my freedoms, ever.

I admit that I am picking on some of your more simplistic statements and generalizations. Pardon me for only addressing these. I see much of your statement as food for thought, just adding my two cents to the dialogue, in admittedly simplistic terms. I simply am an ardent believer in free will but maybe my experience as a poor white person is so vastly different than the experience of a poor black person, that there are some things I will never truly understand. I do believe that could be true, but I would advise any group to NOT look to government for salvation. Seems like a recipe for extreme disappointment. When my peers were going to the polls saying things like "Obama is going to save us!", I thought, how naive. I voted for him, like him quite a bit, but I would never put that much faith in any politician.
    Last edited by bumble; August-24-09 at 12:46 AM.

Blksoul_x,

Great post. I agree with your codespeak. Keep unlocking the matrix of American structure institutionism.

Except for Mitch Albom's column in the Sunday paper, not a mention of this incident in the newspapers since last Thursday.

I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Except for Mitch Albom's column in the Sunday paper, not a mention of this incident in the newspapers since last Thursday.

I just don't get it.
    GP, I think the reason why there is no mention is that the boy has yet to appear before juvie court. I hope you don't think that because it was a White girl that was murdered by a 12 year old, it is suppose to be plastered in the papers. Just remember that she is not the only one.

I hope you don't think that because it was a White girl that was murdered by a 12 year old, it is suppose to be plastered in the papers.
    No, not at all. I have a sinking feeling that she is not the "nurse to be" the papers originally made her out to be, but, rather, has a "sordid" past. The nurse to be angle sells more papers in the 'burbs.
    Last edited by GPCharles; August-24-09 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    No, not at all. I have a sinking feeling that she is not the "nurse to be" the papers originally made her out to be, but, rather, has "sordid" past. The nurse to be angle sells more papers in the 'burbs.
    I got you. She was trying to get a job as a dancer probably at LaChambre's.
    That place is good for attracting talent from outside the Detroit area.
    Last edited by R8RBOB; August-24-09 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AroundTown View Post
    Ggores,

You colorfully illustrated how crime in that area is prevalent, but not rewarded.
    Hmm. You are absolutely right, well I'll be a Son Of A Gun. \w/

Quote Originally Posted by Vcalibur View Post
    First, I disagree with Stoepel being listed as a drug park. My husband and I walk to the park from our house for exercise and never seem any transaction going on. We have had several family picnics there and rented a portajohn because the park has no facilities. Anyway, was she at the park and park across from the park at someone's house.
    On the other hand why was the 12 year out and where did he did the gun? People have the right to sit in their cars and talk without anyone bothering them. It is important for society to respect each other. It is the parent's responsible to maintain and discipline their children. Parents that do not have control need to seek assistance. There are many resources avaiable for families. One thing for sure, many children were not involve in activities this summer. Yes, Detroit Public Schools had summer school for five weeks. There are churches that had free programs and some recreational centers had free activities.
    Relatives in that immediate area did not mention this particular violence to me. We kids used to use the bushes to pee in the 70's. The houses by Minock Street were very cool and many had decks overlooking the baseball diamonds.

Knowledgable Dr. Dyson mentioned earlier would do well to find more venues to speak out. He did not do very well with the likes of Pat Buchanan a couple of months ago on CNN. Among black summits, he does well however.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast