Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

It would be like a bitch [[female dog) trying to raise a male kitten to be a dog
    What about a male puppy? By extrapolation, this is like saying a female human couldn't raise a male of another species to be a human. Well of course she can't. But that's not to say a female human couldn't raise a human boy to be a man.
    Last edited by jcole; August-21-09 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What about a male puppy? By extrapolation, this is like saying a female human couldn't raise a male of another species to be a human. Well of course she can't. But that's not to say a female human couldn't raise a human boy to be a man.
    Are you a woman?

I didn't write it [[before I'm tarred and feathered), but there just might be something to that "children learn by example" theory....maybe.

What are the childhood lessons that remain ingrained in our memories? It is those to which we most can relate. A child learns from example. Unfortunately examples don’t often come accompanied with valuable moral lessons.

More often then not now a days we are reminded ad nauseum that there are no moral absolutes. Cultural values are definitely out of step with the law because. Legal documents in court houses all across the country remind us that it is still illegal to take without permission. It is still illegal to murder and to engage another person sexually that is not our spouse.

So what should we do for our own little ones at home? To many times we as adults live as we were the children. We neglect our social responsibility to our children and proceed to act infelicitously, never once considering the example that we are setting for our children.

We bemoan the state of politics and wonder why Hollywood can not set better examples for our children. Yet we turn on the primetime television programming for our children that should have already been in bed. We sit and laugh at the same crude humor around our little ones that we do when they are not there.

A child learns by example. He grasps valuable concepts by rehearsing in his developing mind the behavior of their most trusted adults. A child can not extrapolate theoretical morals from verbal commands. Johnny sees! Johnny does! That is the way it works.

So it is that each successive generation falls further by the wayside then the generation before. Which parent among us would deny their babes nutriment or clothing yet our babes lack the fundamentals of right and wrong because they do not see mom and dad active in this behavior.

We quarrel and bicker amongst ourselves as we let little Johnny emulate. We provide no conflict resolution in our repertoire of examples. Compassion is likewise conspicuously absent from the behaviors that we demonstrate. Men are quick to show little Johnny the vices that will make him a man and leave out the traits that will make him human.

If we fail our children by not giving them a solid virtuous example we have failed ourselves. In our golden years, in the autumn of our lives when we are frail and feeble our cries like those of our precious neglected babies will go unheard and we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Are you a woman?
    What difference does that make?

Would you like to enlighten us on how crime is rewarded in the ghetto? I am so curious to know what treats these gangstas get for killing a mark?

Okee doke. I'm feeling kinda froggy today anyhow. Though I probably wont satisfy answering your question, well, we're all a bit like those politicians at times, eh?

Criminal activity in that ghetto is rewarded. Specifically, I’m saying about the brightmoor ghetto, and anything within a one mile radius of that damn three ring circus, because I am close to it. Picture it: no men around, and real bitchy women raising unruly children [[not ALL, but believe me, more than enough to create this ghettofied environment). The mother’s actually praise a child who is thief, who can just “take whatever they want”, whether it be money, goods, sex, drugs, forty’s, copper wire, etc. I see ‘em moms in the party stores all the time, bitching and cursing over fifteen cents, arguing with the clerks over twenty cents, and calling them camel jockeys, the kids smoke in the store and harass people, loiter out the front door, roam those streets, and look at ya sideways if you happen to be dumb enough to look at THEM. Saw a lady gone bonkers at they laundry mat one time because the gumball machine ate her quarter. When the first of the month comes around, big partying going on. It’s from them checks and food stamps renewals [[which acts as high currency in the flea market). They shoplift. Steal bicycles. Deal in drugs heavily. Fight each other and steal from each other, and the fights, they are sometimes quite brutal and kid gets really beat up. But that is how they live and is what they are taught to do. There is no sense of ownership, or responsibility to take care of, anything. ANYthing, including animals most of all. Rewards are further reinforced by party store owners who sell stolden merchandises [[as we see on that news from time to time). This 12 year old boy is severely mentally impaired, a retart if you will. Not much more sense than the common dog. In fact, I know several dogs that have more common sense than just about any kid I see in that damned place. The only common sense that is passed thru that ghetto is – if you want it, take it, no matter WHAT it is. There are varying degrees of the severity of this problem, the worst of which gets seen on breaking news, such as 12 year old [[is he REALLY 12?) boy shoots dead a white woman. You wouldn’t believe what goes on that’s NOT ever even heard about. It is day-to-day life. Oh, and it slows down a bit during the cold winters, but even then… So, simply imagine the most absurd scenario you possibly can, like a kid playing with a broken chunk of cinder block as if it were a toy, one which your mind cannot accept as being possible, except only in the movies or in fiction books, and then you can begin to grasp a world gone topsy-turvy. Quicktale: One fine day in the hot summer I was at Ronnies Liquor waiting in line to buy a couple forties, it was so hot that day, and these little black girls was in front of me, looking inside the ice cream freezer, and the one little girl said to the other, “Ahm gonna fuuuuuuck that shit UP!” Couldn’t have been more than 9 year old! I started cracking up! Were it my kid, yeah, there’d be something getting effed up alright – my kids face! Heh. Anyways, we friends get along pretty well with all them little kids around our couple of compounds for the most part, help ‘em fix a lawn mower, or a basketball hoop, you know, my fraynd even rooted out some opossums from one of they neighbors attic for her. Some people over there are alright. I kinda like the place, it’s interesting. Final thought – just imagine 1200 MonCons in that shithole, raising a bunch of kids. Back to the oars.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Very true. BUT, his childhood and the way he was raised almost certainly represents the avaerage childhood in Detroit at this time. He most likely came from a home without a father around.
    I think it is highly unlikely since it was his father who turned him into the police.

I'm also going to say that having a father in the household is not necessary for raising decent kids. I know plenty of people who turned out well, but were raised without their fathers being present.

Now, I'm under no illusion that there aren't some serious issues with some segments* of the youth population in Detroit today [[although this isn't just a Detroit specific issue). But laws that send children to jail don't get to the crux of what is wrong. Thus they don't make your families any safer. You lock this one up and there are 10,000 more who are capable of doing the same thing.

*I'm also being careful not to paint the entire youth population of the city with a broad brush. Doing so only makes the situation worse...

What difference does that make?
    No difference. Your last comment had the response of a woman. Just curious.

Can I raise my arm up in agreement. Over the years, I have commented on many occasions that women cannot raise a boy to become a man. Women would always attempt to defend their positions but they know it is true. It would be like a bitch [[female dog) trying to raise a male kitten to be a dog. Not possible. Using Detroit as an example of a major problem, you have too many women attempting to raise little boys without their fathers and their feminene approach is being imprinted on the boys. IMO, the boys need to carry a gun because they can't fight a lick.
    The majority of men I know have been raised by their mothers in single parent homes. The are college educated, professional men without criminal records. In the majority of two parents homes, the mother is the one to actually raise the children anyway, while the husband provides for the family. Mothers throughout the years have been the nurturers.

Its not fair to say all boys raised in single parent homes are destined to a life of crime, what about situations in which the father is deceased. People whom decide to take the criminal path do it of their own choosing. It has nothing to do about whom is in the home or not. It is due to how much parenting is occurring in the home. Think back to the shooting at Henry Ford Highschool in October of which three boys drove there and two got out shooting, well the driver was raised by his father. What does that say about a boy being raised by a man? Its not right to point the finger at single mothers. All single mothers are not single by choice.

My response made sense. You indicated that a female dog couldn't raise a male kitten to be a dog. Well, no shit.
    I responded that this is like saying a female human couldn't raise a male of another species to be a human.
    What is feminine or masculine about that statement

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post

Okee doke. I'm feeling kinda froggy today anyhow. Though I probably wont satisfy answering your question, well, we're all a bit like those politicians at times, eh?

Criminal activity in that ghetto is rewarded. Specifically, I’m saying about the brightmoor ghetto, and anything within a one mile radius of that damn three ring circus, because I am close to it. Picture it: no men around, and real bitchy women raising unruly children [[not ALL, but believe me, more than enough to create this ghettofied environment). The mother’s actually praise a child who is thief, who can just “take whatever they want”, whether it be money, goods, sex, drugs, forty’s, copper wire, etc. I see ‘em moms in the party stores all the time, bitching and cursing over fifteen cents, arguing with the clerks over twenty cents, and calling them camel jockeys, the kids smoke in the store and harass people, loiter out the front door, roam those streets, and look at ya sideways if you happen to be dumb enough to look at THEM. Saw a lady gone bonkers at they laundry mat one time because the gumball machine ate her quarter. When the first of the month comes around, big partying going on. It’s from them checks and food stamps renewals [[which acts as high currency in the flea market). They shoplift. Steal bicycles. Deal in drugs heavily. Fight each other and steal from each other, and the fights, they are sometimes quite brutal and kid gets really beat up. But that is how they live and is what they are taught to do. There is no sense of ownership, or responsibility to take care of, anything. ANYthing, including animals most of all. Rewards are further reinforced by party store owners who sell stolden merchandises [[as we see on that news from time to time). This 12 year old boy is severely mentally impaired, a retart if you will. Not much more sense than the common dog. In fact, I know several dogs that have more common sense than just about any kid I see in that damned place. The only common sense that is passed thru that ghetto is – if you want it, take it, no matter WHAT it is. There are varying degrees of the severity of this problem, the worst of which gets seen on breaking news, such as 12 year old [[is he REALLY 12?) boy shoots dead a white woman. You wouldn’t believe what goes on that’s NOT ever even heard about. It is day-to-day life. Oh, and it slows down a bit during the cold winters, but even then… So, simply imagine the most absurd scenario you possibly can, like a kid playing with a broken chunk of cinder block as if it were a toy, one which your mind cannot accept as being possible, except only in the movies or in fiction books, and then you can begin to grasp a world gone topsy-turvy. Quicktale: One fine day in the hot summer I was at Ronnies Liquor waiting in line to buy a couple forties, it was so hot that day, and these little black girls was in front of me, looking inside the ice cream freezer, and the one little girl said to the other, “Ahm gonna fuuuuuuck that shit UP!” Couldn’t have been more than 9 year old! I started cracking up! Were it my kid, yeah, there’d be something getting effed up alright – my kids face! Heh. Anyways, we friends get along pretty well with all them little kids around our couple of compounds for the most part, help ‘em fix a lawn mower, or a basketball hoop, you know, my fraynd even rooted out some opossums from one of they neighbors attic for her. Some people over there are alright. I kinda like the place, it’s interesting. Final thought – just imagine 1200 MonCons in that shithole, raising a bunch of kids. Back to the oars.
    I can't disagree with you because Brightmoor is a shithole. I just wished you inserted paragraphs.

Everything you said is a grim reminder that the poor is going to survive doing things that we will view as wrong. Kinda like prison. The rules just don't apply.

You should stop posting. Yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by exdetroiter View Post
    The majority of men I know have been raised by their mothers in single parent homes. The are college educated, professional men without criminal records. In the majority of two parents homes, the mother is the one to actually raise the children anyway, while the husband provides for the family. Mothers throughout the years have been the nurturers.

Its not fair to say all boys raised in single parent homes are destined to a life of crime, what about situations in which the father is deceased. People whom decide to take the criminal path do it of their own choosing. It has nothing to do about whom is in the home or not. It is due to how much parenting is occurring in the home. Think back to the shooting at Henry Ford Highschool in October of which three boys drove there and two got out shooting, well the driver was raised by his father. What does that say about a boy being raised by a man? Its not right to point the finger at single mothers. All single mothers are not single by choice.
    ex, I was raised by my mother and my father was part-time but he was not the only male in my life. I am not going to diss the mothers of the world but I know that my mother could not mold me into a man. She is a woman, who thinks like a woman, act like a woman, reacts like a woman. There is a term called male influence that people are slowly forgetting. Every boy needs it yet a number of these young males are growing up reacting like a woman, more like acting like one.
    Last edited by R8RBOB; August-21-09 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    You should stop posting. Yesterday.
    You should post a counter to my post if you feel I'm pissing you off.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    But laws that send children to jail don't get to the crux of what is wrong. Thus they don't make your families any safer. You lock this one up and there are 10,000 more who are capable of doing the same thing.
    1) This kid didn't just steal a popsicle. He didn't push a little girl off her bike. He didn't just hurl obscenities at people driving by. HE EXECUTED A WOMAN POINT BLANK! You're right, our laws shouldn't be designed to lock children up. But this child didn't commit an action that is normal to children [[even Detroit children), now did he?

2) Can we lock this child up for life AND fix the issues that create more children like him at the same time? Or is this another "either this or that" solution? My answer is not either this or that, it's both!

P.S.: I work in a factory. Sometimes products come down the assembly line that are defective. To the dismay of many those products sometimes must be discarded. Of course, management investigates why the product came out faulty and employs a solution to prevent any more products from becoming defective. Some people just can't be salvaged. Sad - heartbreaking even, and that is my honest and sincere feeling on this. However, we can't allow this child to re-enter society to commit the same crime again. In addition to this we must also fix the problems that result in defective people.
    Last edited by Crumbled_pavement; August-21-09 at 02:15 PM.

ggores-do you know this kid?
    "This 12 year old boy is severely mentally impaired, a retart if you will. Not much more sense than the common dog."

Originally Posted by R8RBOB
    Quoting Rep. Barney Frank: "On what planet do you spend your time on?"

I don't think Barney Frank passes any litmus test for acceptable behavior.
    http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...924145932.aspx
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...958598,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    1) This kid didn't just steal a popsicle. He didn't push a little girl off her bike. He didn't just hurl obscenities at people driving by. HE EXECUTED A WOMAN POINT BLANK! You're right, our laws shouldn't be designed to lock children up. But this child didn't commit an action that is normal to children [[even Detroit children), now did he?

2) Can we lock this child up for life AND fix the issues that create more children like him at the same time? Or is this another "either this or that" solution? My answer is not either this or that, it's both!
    You won't do both. Otherwise, you would have done what was necessary the last time this happened.

I never said anything about allowing him to re-enter society as is. He needs to be rehabilitated. Clearly there are some issues going on with him that need to be reconciled. But the kid is 12 years old. He is a child. Making "grown up" decisions does not make you "grown up". Please stop it with that bullshit line of thinking. It's bad enough the kids think like that, but now the adults do too.

Here's what comes of blaming the victim: I had a friend, who lives not far from me, who was carjacked by a man with a gun. Luckily, he had a small knife, was able to stab the carjacker and leap out of the car and run away to safety. He ran to the police and told them his story.

Did they listen sympathetically and take his report? Take down his information and go looking for the car? Um, no.

They started grilling him about what he was doing in such a bad neighborhood, hinting that he was there to buy drugs. They weren't helpful at all, and actually left him feeling humiliated.

So, he and his friend drove around where he was carjacked. They found the car. He hopped in the car and drove away.

So, who was the victim again?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    P.S.: I work in a factory. Sometimes products come down the assembly line that are defective. To the dismay of many those products sometimes must be discarded. Of course, management investigates why the product came out faulty and employs a solution to prevent any more products from becoming defective. Some people just can't be salvaged. Sad - heartbreaking even, and that is my honest and sincere feeling on this. However, we can't allow this child to re-enter society to commit the same crime again. In addition to this we must also fix the problems that result in defective people.

This culture is marinated into the citizens of regional Detroit many generations deep by now. "Fixing" that glitch in the assembly line is not accomplished by simply changing a part. It will take years upon years to rebuild the culture through schooling, family planning and example setting. Many people view it as a lost cause and simply turn their cheek towards brighter skies. Until someone comes along to motivate the masses, this type of crime will continue to happen. 12 years old....!!!

I sit here and think what I was doing when I was 12 yo. And compared to what this kid was doing, there is a vast sea between him and I. Blame the parents all you want. Blame the kid as well. It is a horror to think that he will either spend an eternity in jail, OR be let off at 18 only to do something incredibly stupid once again. This part of the tradgedy has already happened and there is no undoing of it.

Either way, the fact that this scenario is not new to Detroiters could be the saddest part of the story. Whether 12 yo's are killing - or being killed, it is a reocurring theme that has deep foreshadows of where our society is going and how far it has actually gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Here's what comes of blaming the victim: I had a friend, who lives not far from me, who was carjacked by a man with a gun. Luckily, he had a small knife, was able to stab the carjacker and leap out of the car and run away to safety. He ran to the police and told them his story.

Did they listen sympathetically and take his report? Take down his information and go looking for the car? Um, no.

They started grilling him about what he was doing in such a bad neighborhood, hinting that he was there to buy drugs. They weren't helpful at all, and actually left him feeling humiliated.

So, he and his friend drove around where he was carjacked. They found the car. He hopped in the car and drove away.

So, who was the victim again?

That is a sad, sad story. I am at least glad he was able to stab the criminal. Apparently the cops didn't care that he stabbed someone? That's Klassy.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    You won't do both. Otherwise, you would have done what was necessary the last time this happened.

Please stop it with that bullshit line of thinking. It's bad enough the kids think like that, but now the adults do too.
    Of course I won't do both because I don't possess the power to do either myself. However, society [[which includes me) needs to do both.

But since you are thinking bullshit-free, what are you proposing to do with this child when he turns 18? Rehabilitate him how, and with what? Sort of like Nathanial Abraham got rehabilitated? What resources did he have when he got out of prison? Now he's back in prison. Guess what? He'll probably be in and out of prison for the rest of his life while we keep trying to rehabilitate him. It's time to concentrate on the next generation.

This culture is marinated into the citizens of regional Detroit many generations deep by now. "Fixing" that glitch in the assembly line is not accomplished by simply changing a part. It will take years upon years to rebuild the culture through schooling, family planning and example setting. Many people view it as a lost cause and simply turn their cheek towards brighter skies. Until someone comes along to motivate the masses, this type of crime will continue to happen. 12 years old....!!!

I sit here and think what I was doing when I was 12 yo. And compared to what this kid was doing, there is a vast sea between him and I. Blame the parents all you want. Blame the kid as well. It is a horror to think that he will either spend an eternity in jail, OR be let off at 18 only to do something incredibly stupid once again. This part of the tradgedy has already happened and there is no undoing of it.

Either way, the fact that this scenario is not new to Detroiters could be the saddest part of the story. Whether 12 yo's are killing - or being killed, it is a reocurring theme that has deep foreshadows of where our society is going and how far it has actually gone.
    Which is why society needs to get serious about breaking the chains that cause these type of people to come into existance. The good people in society are stuck on this "it's not my responsibility" line of thinking while the bad segment of society happily takes these forgotten throwaway children and teach them how to be criminals. We need to break this cycle not just out of compassion but for the sake of society. I think it's far cheaper to spend our tax money to prevent these kids from becoming criminals than to spend the same [[if not more) amount of tax money just to lock them up. California is in debt to the tune of billions yet they are looking to build more prisons in that state. How about we stop the criminal factories in this country so we don't need to dump so much money into more prisons. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

. Every boy needs it yet a number of these young males are growing up reacting like a woman, more like acting like one.
    Huh. Really. So to act like a woman I need to go get a gun and shoot someone because they piss me off/have something I want/get in my way of something? I didn't realize that women were proportionally more likely to blow someone away now, must have slept through that being reported.

If they are "grown up", if they had any sort of a brain they'd do the ADULT thing and walk away instead of starting some sort of physical altercation. And no, I'm not talking about issues of self defense.

It would be like a bitch [[female dog) trying to raise a male kitten to be a dog. Not possible.
    Just admit it, you f*cked up in calling a puppy a kitten. It's not a male or female thing, it's a pure and simple mistaken word substitution.

Quote Originally Posted by courtney View Post
    Huh. Really. So to act like a woman I need to go get a gun and shoot someone because they piss me off/have something I want/get in my way of something? I didn't realize that women were proportionally more likely to blow someone away now, must have slept through that being reported.

If they are "grown up", if they had any sort of a brain they'd do the ADULT thing and walk away instead of starting some sort of physical altercation. And no, I'm not talking about issues of self defense.

Just admit it, you f*cked up in calling a puppy a kitten. It's not a male or female thing, it's a pure and simple mistaken word substitution.
    If you are responsing to this and you are male then I suppose you are one of those "boys" that I am referring to. Tell me, do you need a gun to feel like a man?

Let me correct you on something. These boys aren't grown-up. Don't get that twisted, partner. They don't have the mind capacity to walk away hence this post.

And no I didn't f*ck up about calling a puppy a kitten. I called it right. It was about nature, not sex of kitten or puppy.

It is a horror??? WTF??? THAT MONSTER murdered a woman in cold blood.

It is a horror to think that he will either spend an eternity in jail, OR be let off at 18 only to do something incredibly stupid once again.

If you are responsing to this and you are male then I suppose you are one of those "boys" that I am referring to. Tell me, do you need a gun to feel like a man?

Let me correct you on something. These boys aren't grown-up. Don't get that twisted, partner. They don't have the mind capacity to walk away hence this post.

And no I didn't f*ck up about calling a puppy a kitten. I called it right. It was about nature, not sex of kitten or puppy.
    No, it was about a female of one species raising a male of another species to become a male of the first species. In nature, that isn't possible. No matter how hard you try, you can't change a kitten into a dog.

No, it was about a female of one species raising a male of another species to become a male of the first species. In nature, that isn't possible. No matter how hard you try, you can't change a kitten into a dog.
    You are one to be debate aren't you? Okay, since you want to probe my mind, let me enlighten you.

Fact: Dogs don't raise dogs. I never known of a mother dog raising its pups. Puppies learn how to piss, how to dig up the yard, how to chase the mailman, how to sense danger because of instinct and nature.

I used the dog/cat example to show even in a bizarre scenario, a dog, a female dog would not be able to change a cat because of instinct and nature it would always be a cat even under the influence of a dog.

You have to excuse me, I have a Brainac approach to thinking. I guess you say I have three dimensional thinking.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast