Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Robbery, murder, larceny, rape, drugs and gangs are the symptoms in the American ghettos. Especially in the ghettohoods of Detroit everyone could end up in the wrong place and wrong time. The ghettos are institutionized that hope is cut off from the poor and underprivaleged.

I feel sorry for the 12 year old Black Detroit youth. When authority turned him down, he would go find a gun, find a innocent victim, demand some money and kill the victim.

I'm also fell sorry for the victim who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No one in this forum should write a vengence comments against the suspect or anyone in the ghettos of Detroit. Detroit is one big Black ghetto from the river to 8 Mile Rd. and it became an institutional prison for the poor. You can blame the parents of the Black Detroit youth for not giving him common sence. The Law found him and he will be punished to the full exent of the courts. Life in prison will be his home and it's more better than hustling in the streets with a piece in his pocket.

Please be aware that there are going to be more killings, robberies, rapes, drugs and gang activities in the ghettohoods of Detroit. It's a paracytic pyschological disease that must be cured right away with community power.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

for Neda Soltani
    Quoting Rep. Barney Frank: "On what planet do you spend your time on?"

Everything you said here was nonsense. Just reading this, I had to pause and ask, are you 12 years old?

Your grammar is poor, words misspelled and you aren't making any points one could relate to and you call yourself a street prophet? You should not give up your day job.

Quote Originally Posted by ggores View Post
    Understood. In that ghetto, crime is more often rewarded, than punished. For further assistance in understanding this topsy-turvy notion, I refer you to the street prophet, who is a bit more clearer on these matters. I tend to go in swirling circles of appended thoughts unless I'm writing 700+ words.
    Would you like to enlighten us on how crime is rewarded in the ghetto? I am so curious to know what treats these gangstas get for killing a mark?

diver1369 Guest

I've read through the posts and I don't believe anyone questioned why the victim's friend was not shot by the boy. Why would he leave behind a witness to his crime? Why is she adjacent to Stoepel Park, a well-known drug market, in a car with a man after midnight? Could it be that she was buying drugs when the stick up kid showed up and the dealer next to her could identify the shooter? Is that the "forensic" evidence the police are talking about? The victim is described as a dancer. The only "dancers" in that neighborhood are the stars of La Chambre and the Chapeau Vert and many more on 8 Mile Road. This isn't meant to blame the victim but to establish a plausible scenario that jibes with the facts so far. So far, the scenario laid out by the press, police and others doesn't pass the smell test.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Quoting Rep. Barney Frank: "On what planet do you spend your time on?"

Everything you said here was nonsense. Just reading this, I had to pause and ask, are you 12 years old?

Your grammar is poor, words misspelled and you aren't making any points one could relate to and you call yourself a street prophet? You should not give up your day job.
    So you just noticed this about DANNY?

I'm afraid to ask, but what is the point to this line of thought?
    What do you mean? Do you mean why do I think that way, or why to they think that way or why did I write that statement?

To put it a little more succinctly, this 12 year old pulled the trigger just the same as an adult would have, with no thought for the person he was killing. If an adult should go to prison for that, so should the 12 year old.
    Last edited by jcole; August-20-09 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What do you mean? Do you mean why do I think that way, or why to they think that way or why did I write that statement?
    Following your line of thought:

An adult with the mentality to shoot someone during a robbery obviously doesn't stand there with a gun and think it through.
    I can't get the point of this. Help me out. Robberies don't always goes well. The person who you may be attempted to rob might have a gun also. Then what?

They shoot and hope no one finds out they did it.
    The 12 year old shot the girl, yet left the guy in the car alive.

I don't believe there is any rationalization when it comes to murder.
    Either you kill or you don't. Isn't that rationalizing? Either I pull this trigger and go to jail or I put the gun away and go home.

The kid had the same thought process.
    That kid do not have the same process. I doubt a 12 year old can rationalize or think like me. It is not possible.

I can use this gun to get what I want.
    You are right. With a gun you could get what you want. Sad, that our children are now our killers. Did I mention children?

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    How does what you state demonstrate that he is capable of rationalizing as an adult? Should we start giving 12 year olds drivers licenses as well?
    It may not be as frequent but in the past farmers children were often given driving privileges in rural area's.

The prosecutor may have information we don't as to why an adult designation has been optioned. Also this is a big twelve year old and that may have contribute, i.e. he might be hanging out with an older crowd.

The toddler comparison is wrong. Toddlers do not know the concept of death so they can't know the concept or act of causing death. A twelve year certainly knows the idea of death and how to kill[[obviously).

How ironic that the only time barbaric is used in this thread is to describe prosecuting someone twelve yrs old notwithstanding for murder.

One thing for certain if twelve yr olds are out committing gun crimes Detroit is not a safe place.

Following your line of thought:

An adult with the mentality to shoot someone during a robbery obviously doesn't stand there with a gun and think it through.
    I can't get the point of this. Help me out. Robberies don't always goes well. The person who you may be attempted to rob might have a gun also. Then what?
    They don't think, they shoot. That is the point.

They shoot and hope no one finds out they did it.
    The 12 year old shot the girl, yet left the guy in the car alive.
    So? He got scared, or missed or someone came along. It happens.

I don't believe there is any rationalization when it comes to murder.
    Either you kill or you don't. Isn't that rationalizing? Either I pull this trigger and go to jail or I put the gun away and go home.

The kid had the same thought process.
    That kid do not have the same process. I doubt a 12 year old can rationalize or think like me. It is not possible.
    Do you think or rationalize like a murderer would? I hope not

I can use this gun to get what I want.
    You are right. With a gun you could get what you want. Sad, that our children are now our killers. Did I mention children?
    You can keep pointing out that he's a child. It's not going to change my mind.
    Legally, people are children to the age of 18. Do you believe that an 17 year old who murders someone should not be tried as an adult? If so, more power to you. I don't happen to believe that. He knows right from wrong. He knows shooting someone can kill them. He took a gun and robbed and killed someone. Now he pays the consequences. Unless he's found to be mentally defective, then I would change my opinion.
    Last edited by jcole; August-20-09 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    How ironic that the only time barbaric is used in this thread is to describe prosecuting someone twelve yrs old notwithstanding for murder.
    Not really. The actions of this kid is not representative of society at large. OTOH, the obvious complacency by the general public with prosecuting children as adults is representative of the society at large. And I find that barbaric.

crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    To protect society from getting fucked with by this perp again.
    Exactly. Deterrance or rehabilitation would be nice, but are not the central motivation.

If he's locked up, he can't kill my loved ones.

Why don't we have the death penalty in Michigan? Monsters like this need to be wiped out ASAP.

48302 Guest

I am shocked.

Detroit Dad has remained silent on this issue.

DD, is this due in some part to the suburban influence in his life?

[[havent seen DD post in a while....has he been banned?)

diver1369 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Why don't we have the death penalty in Michigan? Monsters like this need to be wiped out ASAP.
    We don't have the death penalty in this state for the very reasons exhibited throughout these posts. Passion eclipses reason. In our rush to avenge a murder, we find it imperative that someone be punished for the horrible act the victim has suffered. Prosecutors enhance their electability to higher office by providing the angry public with a guilty verdict. Police will help them out with a confession made by dubious means. The public conscience is salved that the process has worked to bring a person to justice and they feel avenged. Only problem is the person convicted and executed may not be guilty. It's happened too often in this country. Look at all the men who've been freed from prison via DNA evidence that exonerated them. You can't free a dead man. No one is going to be brought to justice for having been part of the process that killed him.

You've read a newspaper article about a woman's murder and you're ready to kill the first person accused in the case. How reasonable is that.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    I've read through the posts and I don't believe anyone questioned why the victim's friend was not shot by the boy. Why would he leave behind a witness to his crime? Why is she adjacent to Stoepel Park, a well-known drug market, in a car with a man after midnight? Could it be that she was buying drugs when the stick up kid showed up and the dealer next to her could identify the shooter? Is that the "forensic" evidence the police are talking about? The victim is described as a dancer. The only "dancers" in that neighborhood are the stars of La Chambre and the Chapeau Vert and many more on 8 Mile Road. This isn't meant to blame the victim but to establish a plausible scenario that jibes with the facts so far. So far, the scenario laid out by the press, police and others doesn't pass the smell test.
    I was thinking along the same lines when I posted that the story we heard so far just didn't add up.

First, I disagree with Stoepel being listed as a drug park. My husband and I walk to the park from our house for exercise and never seem any transaction going on. We have had several family picnics there and rented a portajohn because the park has no facilities. Anyway, was she at the park and park across from the park at someone's house.
    On the other hand why was the 12 year out and where did he did the gun? People have the right to sit in their cars and talk without anyone bothering them. It is important for society to respect each other. It is the parent's responsible to maintain and discipline their children. Parents that do not have control need to seek assistance. There are many resources avaiable for families. One thing for sure, many children were not involve in activities this summer. Yes, Detroit Public Schools had summer school for five weeks. There are churches that had free programs and some recreational centers had free activities.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Not really. The actions of this kid is not representative of society at large. OTOH, the obvious complacency by the general public with prosecuting children as adults is representative of the society at large. And I find that barbaric.
    It may not be representative of the society at large and that is good.

When something so wrong and egregious as this murder is committed we rely on out elected officials to come up with the appropriate charges. I see nothing wrong with the possibility of this kid being charged with murder as an adult. I hardly call that complacent or barbaric.

R8RBOB,

Please read my codespeak carefully and understand my comments. If you gone deep into the ghettohoods of Detroit and ran into DEAD [[C)KRAK HEAD, spookie, schizoblack, po'folks and mutants, than you understand what I'm taking about. You and all the people in this forum known better that Detroit is one big Black majority city, with a very large institutionalized ghetto designed to keep the poor, low-income and underprivaledge in and away from 'suburbantopia'. It's has violent crime that even little black kids can commit robberies and murder. Black women 'playing house and being mother geeses'; and Black males being like 'rolling stones' [[ I dont' mean the 60s rock group). The city too politically and financially corrupt and every city leader old and new are being elected may take the city money and run before they could get caught.

Danny, why do you feel as though Ghetto has to be linked with Black? Their are ghettos throughout Michigan that aren't all occupied by black people. According to Webster Dictionary the meaning of Ghetto is as follows [[and note Black is not part of the definition)
    • Main Entry: 1ghet·to
    • Pronunciation: \ˈge-[[ˌ)tō\
    • Function: noun
    • Inflected Form[[s): plural ghettos also ghettoes
    • Etymology: Italian, from Venetian dialect ghèto island where Jews were forced to live, literally, foundry [[located on the island), from ghetÃ[r to cast, from Latin jactare to throw — more at jet
    • Date: 1611
    1 : a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
    2 : a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
    3 a : an isolated group <a geriatric ghetto> b : a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the pink-collar ghetto>

This story seems to have disappeared from the News and Free Press.

I'm not ready to kill the kid. But if he DID kill shoot that lady in the car, he needs to be removed from this planet. Decent people do not do such things.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    We don't have the death penalty in this state for the very reasons exhibited throughout these posts. Passion eclipses reason. In our rush to avenge a murder, we find it imperative that someone be punished for the horrible act the victim has suffered. Prosecutors enhance their electability to higher office by providing the angry public with a guilty verdict. Police will help them out with a confession made by dubious means. The public conscience is salved that the process has worked to bring a person to justice and they feel avenged. Only problem is the person convicted and executed may not be guilty. It's happened too often in this country. Look at all the men who've been freed from prison via DNA evidence that exonerated them. You can't free a dead man. No one is going to be brought to justice for having been part of the process that killed him.

You've read a newspaper article about a woman's murder and you're ready to kill the first person accused in the case. How reasonable is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    R8RBOB,

Please read my codespeak carefully and understand my comments. If you gone deep into the ghettohoods of Detroit and ran into DEAD [[C)KRAK HEAD, spookie, schizoblack, po'folks and mutants, than you understand what I'm taking about. You and all the people in this forum known better that Detroit is one big Black majority city, with a very large institutionalized ghetto designed to keep the poor, low-income and underprivaledge in and away from 'suburbantopia'. It's has violent crime that even little black kids can commit robberies and murder. Black women 'playing house and being mother geeses'; and Black males being like 'rolling stones' [[ I dont' mean the 60s rock group). The city too politically and financially corrupt and every city leader old and new are being elected may take the city money and run before they could get caught.
    So nice that this was directed at me. I should be honored that you attempted to explain your line of thought to me but I have to say that you really need spellcheck when posting your comments. You have misspelled words. [[For the record there is no "s" in geese. It is either goose or geese, not geeses.) Are you ghetto? I would think with the bad grammar, you might be the "geto king"

As for this babbling nonsense that was posted, my friend, I am a born Detroiter. I know all about Detroit. Your attempts to stereotype Blacks only shows how much of a small mind you have. You need help. You have demons in your head and they are all Black. Instead of seeing dead people, you see Black people and they are committing all the crimes, killing all people and stole your country from you. Yes, I read your codespeak and I will never understand it but it tells me one thing: you are need of some lithium.

Yes, I read your codespeak and I will never understand it but it tells me one thing: you are need of some lithium.
    and to think DANNY might actually be wandering around the streets of the "Ghetto"?

The actions of this kid is not representative of society at large.
    Very true. BUT, his childhood and the way he was raised almost certainly represents the avaerage childhood in Detroit at this time. He most likely came from a home without a father around.

Very true. BUT, his childhood and the way he was raised almost certainly represents the avaerage childhood in Detroit at this time. He most likely came from a home without a father around.
    Can I raise my arm up in agreement. Over the years, I have commented on many occasions that women cannot raise a boy to become a man. Women would always attempt to defend their positions but they know it is true. It would be like a bitch [[female dog) trying to raise a male kitten to be a dog. Not possible. Using Detroit as an example of a major problem, you have too many women attempting to raise little boys without their fathers and their feminene approach is being imprinted on the boys. IMO, the boys need to carry a gun because they can't fight a lick.

Even if you say the majority of kids in Detroit grow up in a single parent household you can't make the jump that this is reason the kid shot the woman. We had a case at Henry Ford High where the kid that did the shooting came from a two parent household.

A more likely reason is bad parenting which can exist in one or two parent households and untreated mental/personality disorder.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast