Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: 1967 Remembered

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    There is absolutely no doubt there were tanks. No question about that at all. I have heard first hand accounts of a tank used to flush a sniper, but The version I heard was about a large house. The tank turned the turret towards the window and the guy gave up in a hurry.

The steeple bit would have been well documented though, don't you think?
    I have to agree with Meddle here. I was 10 yrs old, and grew up in NW Detroit at the time, and remember seeing tanks going up and down 8 Mile Rd. The one's I saw, were exactly like the one in post # 65, at the bottom of the page. Fortunately, my Dad took the family, South soon after, and we didn't return until it was over.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-17-17 at 11:46 AM.