Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: 1967 Remembered

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by timinasia View Post
    ...I left the States because I felt it was too conservative, too religious, too violent, too anti-science, too anti-intellectual & too expensive. Obama almost tempted me to return, but now we elected Trump. How is this possible?

In retrospect, after traveling the world, I still have pleasant memories of Detroit. I lived in a time before reality diminished its dreams & hollowed out its future.
    Thanks for reporting back. Too often people escape without looking back, leaving the rest of us to stumble it out for ourselves without that broader perspective.

You've done us a great service, timinasia.

This reminds me of a scene from My Dinner With Andre.
    Escape before it's too late....

The concept of preserves, islands of safety where history can be remembered and the human being can continue to function in order to maintain the species through a dark age. In other words, we're talking about an underground....
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-05-17 at 10:07 PM.

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Thanks for reporting back. Too often people leave without looking back, leaving the rest of us to stumble it out for ourselves without that broader perspective. You've done us a great service, timinasia.

This reminds me of a scene from My Dinner With Andre.
    Thank you, but my continued interest in Detroit is due to my belief that Detroit was a great place to grow up. Ironically, my interest in this website was sparked by a JAG attorney [[also born & raised in Detroit) who I met several years ago in Tokyo who referred me here.
    Last edited by timinasia; July-05-17 at 10:34 PM.