Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Windmill Park

Hybrid View

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vanta View Post
    I got out of the car and walked up to the park... I didn't see the movie theatre, but the overall view, the pool, the fountain, I just loved the idea of a park of that calibre available for the neighborhood... I fell in love with it all, the homes, the architecture, it was my first time in that area. I was leaning towards Birmingham, but not as much since visiting GP. Book-Cadilac is still in the running, especially with the reduced pricing.

Thanks for the link Lorax, it doesn't look like a foreclosure, doesn't that seem pretty low?
    You're welcome. It is low, but not the lowest, I'm sure, just close to the park.

There was one on Pemberton, an art deco house that looks like a ship, now painted a dull taupe- it used to be white 30 years ago.

It was a foreclosure, that I'm sure has sold now [[it was available for quite a while at 119,000) and it's fallen off the MLS listings.

It had Vitrolite glass walled bathrooms and kitchen, and porthole windows. Really super. I would have bought it, but I wasn't aware of it until I bought my house in Southfield.

2blocksaway Guest

The Pointes have some of the best real estate deals around right now.

As a Park resident I can tell you that you won;t regret moving here.

You will get a beautiful architecturally detailed house, probably with leaded glass, plaster walls, and all that good sh*t everyone here talks about having in their Detroit houses.

We also have great parks [[the reason for this thread), safe streets, and one of the best school systems in the state if not the country.

You will pay higher taxes for all of this but I don't think they are unreasonable.

Just be careful because that foreclosure you are going to fall in love with for sale at $180,000 is probably has a taxable value around 200,000 [[half the assessed value). You will be in for a fight come February and March when you can appeal.