Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
Correct that is what I am saying. If the RTA doesn't have the funding it doesn't have it. Therefore things can't get studied and built. That document is nice but it is daydreaming to think M1 Rail, as a private group, wants to build anything else. They were banking on the RTA passing like most other sane metro Detroiters.
Sorry, maybe I don't understand, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

A. If the Conservancy was counting on the RTA tax to build a QLine extension for them from regional funds, why even ask the consultants to study financing options? What would that contribute?

B. If the Conservancy folks were just assuming the RTA millage would pass, and then assuming that RTA would take over the QLine sometime after 2024, and then assuming that the QLine might get extended by the RTA despite nothing in the 2026 master plan to that effect, then why did they bother asking the consulting firm to come up with financing options and so on a decade in advance of a multi-stage hypothetical? Seems like a waste of billable hours.

Anyway, I'd still be curious to see the full report and not just the slide deck released in March regarding the East Riverfront plan, and finding out whether SOM addressed that point as required in the RFQ.