I'll give this one a ten per cent chance on the "Skipper's Rule" scale but it is indicative of the continuing interest in the New Center. According to Crain's the possible project would be on the southwest corner of Woodward Avenue and West Grand Boulevard.

It is not clear if they mean exactly on the corner or just south as the entity behind it. It is the plan of a Philadelphia developer by the name of Grasso operating as 6565 Woodward Holdings LLC. who is under contract to purchase the property from Midtown Detroit Inc. It was registered in January.

A phase increasingly bandied about is the "Qline Effect", this one being cited as another example:

Maurice Cox, the city's planning director, said he has not been briefed on Grasso's plans and cautioned that he "can't count the number of speculative development projects that come on our radar and amount to nothing."

"I think we get about a dozen a week," he said.

He also said the QLine has been a key factor in boosting development interest along the streetcar's route.

"There is no question that the QLine, with that singular, 3.3-mile investment, all of the neighborhoods to the east and the west of it have become transit-oriented development opportunities," he said. "That's a good thing for Detroit, and it talks about the power of that fixed transit investment that developers can count on being in place in perpetuity."
I'm happy to see all these bites but I am still trying to wrap my mind around the appeal of the Qline in creating the interest it seems to be doing.