My guess is that Financial Guaranty will flip the site to a developer, if it can find one to assume the risk of a residential [[or any other) project on that site.

I just can't imagine Financial Guaranty would ever sign the agreement with the City it apparently did. With that stupid development timetable they would really be screwed if at the time the Red Wings move we were in a economic/real estate/financial downturn as so often happens. I still say there's a chance FG will just walk away from the whole thing. How much more residential development can be supported in Detroit? Not much more in my opinion based on the existing and planned development. Blood will eventually run in the street.

Riverfront Towers would be - and has been - a financial disaster from the time Taubman and Fisher turned the first shovel of earth at the groundbreaking. They knew at the time they would never recover their investment, and Fisher said at the groundbreaking "This is our gift to the City" or something like that, in the hope it would stimulate future development. [[It didn't.)