Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Borat in Warren

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Kwame did none of this, except for the corruption. And, while he was obviously a bad mayor, Kwame actually got stuff done and was a strong ambassador for the city, with good relationships with the business community and larger region. I don't see how Fouts, who is a carnival clown, is any better.

Is there something in the water in Macomb lately? The county of Reagan Democrats has recently gone of the deep end, apparently. Blue collar auto workers in Macomb overwhelmingly voting for Trump? The guy who has basically promised to destroy the global auto industry and to kill the working class in favor of the elite? Electing carnival clowns at the county and municipal level? WTF is going on east of Dequindre?
    Ironic how different one election outcome is when you lose and how it changes your opinion of people.

For many years on this forum, you couldn't champion Macomb Township and South Lyon as the perfect models of what excellent economic growth in Metro Detroit should be like any harder, then slam everything about the City of Detroit declaring it "dead."

Now Kwame was a "got stuff done" leader with a little corruption problem and there isn't an insult yet invented strong enough for anywhere or anyone that voted Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Ironic how different one election outcome is when you lose and how it changes your opinion of people.

For many years on this forum, you couldn't champion Macomb Township and South Lyon as the perfect models of what excellent economic growth in Metro Detroit should be like any harder, then slam everything about the City of Detroit declaring it "dead."
    No, I never did any of this. I have always thought that Macomb county sucked, especially in terms of planning. You couldn't pay me to live in Macomb Twp.

And you're conflating all sorts of unrelated things, as if there's some logical inconsistency between skepticism around Detroit's revival and opposition to a racist, lying, traitorous scumbag occupying the White House.
    Now Kwame was a "got stuff done" leader with a little corruption problem and there isn't an insult yet invented strong enough for anywhere or anyone that voted Trump.
    Kwame is like 1000x better that Trump. I mean, not even remotely comparable. Kwame was corrupt and is being punished. Trump is corrupt plus about a billion things much worse, and he isn't sitting in prison, he's in the White House, threatening to destroy the country and planet.

Ivanka's office in the White House from which to peddle the latest handbag at the next photo-op. Kwame Small-Potatoes, I say... Nepotism times a hundred thousand, I say.

Just saying.