Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

They control their own destiny, even at 4 and 4 it’s looking kind of promising, their remaining schedule seems very favorable.
    Nothing made me cringe more in the last few weeks than reading this comment by Softail. It was that seasonal reminder of how many times we've all been there, and that Lion reality would soon rear its' ugly head. Jim Caldwell is a good and honorable man, but it's time to move on. I've seen enough.

Well they had to, and they have to win football games to control their own destiny. I never said they would, I said they should. Their MO is lose to teams with winning records. I don’t think they have any more of those left on their schedule. All I really want is a second playoff win in 60 years. If they do that in a wild card capicity I’m fine with that, but trust me, I’m not getting my hopes up.

Since they seem to have absolutely no running game, it’s time for Stafford to step up, stand on his head if he has to and carry this team. After all, he’s the highest paid player in the history of the league, much is expected of him.

As of a minute ago, despite the big loss on Thanksgiving, the Lions still have 2nd place in the NFC North to themselves. Packers and Bears both lost today as well, Packers officially now have a losing record.

Jim Caldwell hasn’t gotten the job done. To many lackluster slow starts keeping them constantly playing from behind. Unable to coach a young player like Ebron and keep his head in the game. Poor clock management and to much difficulty deciding when it is advantageous to throw the challenge flag.

He will always be average and not have the skills to take them to the next level. Caldwell has to go and Quinn will have to hire a coach that wasn’t already here when he arrived. It can’t be put off any longer than after this season is over or when they are eliminated.

Quinn needs to start his list and prove he is GM material by doing the hardest of all and hiring a great coach.

Caldwell is even-keeled but I think that's showing that can be a problem. He doesn't get fired up and the players don't come out fired up. The coaching staff is squarely responsible to get the team ready to play for a full 60 minutes. Caldwell and his staff have clearly come up short.

In addition to their problems on the field [[or as a result of them) the Lions also have a serious math problem in terms of making the playoffs. The 3 NFC South teams that are 1 or 2 games ahead of them [[Saints, Panthers, Falcons) have all beaten the Lions. The Lions will need to finish a game ahead of one of those teams to make the playoffs. Which means the Lions will have to win 2 more games out of the last 5 than one of them to get in [[and get ahead of Seattle too). A pretty tall order. Even winning out may not cut it.

Anyone wanna actually bet on them making the playoffs?

Why ? Even if we made it we'd just be pig fodder for better teams. Been there....who wants to watch another 45-13 embarrassment ? 24 years and counting without winning a 4 team division. That has to be the saddest stat in professional sports, and the packer fans and their organization say thank-you.

They might be looking at a L on Sunday.
    Baltimore doesn't scare me on offense, but they have a decent defense, and the Lions don't have a running game. The Lions usually lose these kind of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    Anyone wanna actually bet on them making the playoffs?
    Current odds; only a 16% chance of making the playoffs......pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    They might be looking at a L on Sunday.
    Baltimore doesn't scare me on offense, but they have a decent defense, and the Lions don't have a running game. The Lions usually lose these kind of games.
    Now that's a bet I'd take. The Lions outside on grass, and Mathew hasn't proven he can throw accurately on that ankle. He's going to meet Mr. Suggs too, up close and personal. We can't run or stop the run....doesn't look promising at all.

As I have previously mentioned, Stafford has to step up. It’s kind of like, since we have no running game, the season sort-of rests on his shoulders. A great deal is expected of the highest paid player in the history of the NFL.

With all of the missed FG's, snaps, blocks, tackles, & redline play-action mistakes, if the owner[[s) had any winning in their DNA pedigree, members of the coaching staff would be reviewing pink slips on Monday morning, then players.....
    Last edited by Smirnoff; December-04-17 at 07:53 AM.

Even with the typical slow start and the large number of turnovers...among both teams...we either had the lead or were tied, but this was to be expected with facing such a lowly team as the Bucs.

Prater came and kicked the FG with 20 seconds left in the game and this means another victory for the Lions.
    Last edited by mtburb; December-10-17 at 04:18 PM.

This game was a debauchery, it shouldn't have come down to the wire. Lions need to win out and rely on both the Falcons and Seahawks to lose two of three. A very tall order. If the feat is pulled off, the reward is another away playoff game...

The Lions play down to their opponent yet again, and just barely manage to squeak by another bad team. At least this time they didn't fall behind 10-0 or 14-0 before they really started to play, which I guess is some sort of very small improvement. But Prater really seems to be the offensive MVP on this team, which is a real indictment of this offense and its serious inability to sustain drives and put the ball in the end zone.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; December-11-17 at 03:05 AM.

The Lions kicked two straight field goals to get the early lead which they kept throughout the game, this time they had the lead to themselves, while the Bears only managed a single touchdown.

What was really hilarious though were the Lion players doing a Rockette act after the first touchdown. All while wearing their Color Rush.

Next up is a trip right down I-75 to Cincinnati for a legit chance to clinch our second straight winning season and our third in the past four seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    The Lions kicked two straight field goals to get the early lead which they kept throughout the game, this time they had the lead to themselves, while the Bears only managed a single touchdown.

What was really hilarious though were the Lion players doing a Rockette act after the first touchdown. All while wearing their Color Rush.

Next up is a trip right down I-75 to Cincinnati for a legit chance to clinch our second straight winning season and our third in the past four seasons.
    They should win at Cinci, but I've seen this movie before. The only way the Lions get in, is to win out, and need help, they really need Atlanta to lose one of their remaining games, since they hold the tiebreaker by beating them. Like last season, when they could have wrapped up the division if they won out, but needed the Redskins to lose to sneak in. They can't win the BIG game, when needed.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-17-17 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Current odds; only a 16% chance of making the playoffs......pass.
    And now the odds are? Say 33%?
    Last edited by emu steve; December-17-17 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post

Just saw the dance on the game highlights - to cool. Great game...

Quote Originally Posted by clubboss View Post
    Just saw the dance on the game highlights - to cool. Great game...
    Yes, nice dance, I agree it was cool.

Not trying to sound like a hater because I’m not, I bleed Blue / Silver but, the Lions sure beat up on the Bears and teams of that ilk. I say they win out, including New Years Eve. The Packers this year are a broken team.
    The Lions need some huge luck to make it to the dance, even at 10 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    And now the odds are? Say 33%?
    With Saturday's win, current odds are only 21% to make the wild-card playoffs, greater odds predict Caldwell will be gone......

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    With Saturday's win, current odds are only 21% to make the wild-card playoffs, greater odds predict Caldwell will be gone......
    I happened to see that.

I wonder what the 'conditional probability' would be if the Lions win their last two games?

What is the probability of a 10 - 6 Lions team making [[or missing) the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    I happened to see that.

I wonder what the 'conditional probability' would be if the Lions win their last two games?

What is the probability of a 10 - 6 Lions team making [[or missing) the playoffs?
    Since it's the Lions, the probability is VERY high.... They need too many scenarios to happen, for them to get in.

I do know if the Falcons [[6th & last seed) win tonight, Detroit's [[8-6) probability drops to 14%.....if the Lions win their last 2-games, way too many factors to determine the wild-card odds;

Falcons are [[8-5), Cowboys [[8-6), Seahawks [[8-6).

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast