Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

As of this morning, Lions are 1 - 0 and in first place in the NFC North. Enjoy.

Vikings and Packers have a loss; Bears two.

Vegas books have the Lions at 50-1 to win the super bowl. They're favored by three points tonight, though.

What a thriller it was tonight, doing three things we couldn't do last season...not trail at all [[although we were tied at one point), win a nationally-televised primetime game and beat the Giants.

It's starting to realistically look like we could go to the Super Bowl for the first time ever, but next Sunday we have to contend with the NFC champion Falcons.

At least we made it to 2-0 and still leading the NFC North!

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    What a thriller it was tonight, doing three things we couldn't do last season...not trail at all [[although we were tied at one point), win a nationally-televised primetime game and beat the Giants.

It's starting to realistically look like we could go to the Super Bowl for the first time ever, but next Sunday we have to contend with the NFC champion Falcons.

Yep, who would have thought 2 - 0 Lions playing Atlanta Sunday.

BTW, for those into crazy. EMU is 2 - 0 and hosts Ohio Saturday.

I'm in heaven. Lot of good college and good pro ball in MI this year.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    What I like is adding Lang, Wagner and a TE.

I believe the new TE is a very good blocker and could set up next to Wagner to 'chip' the DE.

My guess is that the running game will be much better.

If so, watch the offense. I have always been a huge Stafford fan. Put a good OL together and both the running and passing games improve.

I'm still wondering why not go after Blount? Quinn have reservations? Salary cap issues?
    This is my quote from March 23.

I was drinking my kool aid.

It was indeed a glorious win and one which may prove to be a harbinger of Division Domination.

Or not.

This franchise has teased us before. Countless times. Remember when Another One Bites the Dust morphed into Another One Beats Our Butts?

The KoolAide is looking mighty fine to a parched fan-base. Do not quaff that elixir; sip it only, savor the magical properties of hope and triumph, savor the sweetness of salvation, but only by the thimble and only with an anecdote at the ready.

That said, last night I watched with a bunch of guys at St. Cecillia's Rectory. We truly had a great time talking smack and telling lies. This was a new thing for me. I usually watch alone or maybe sipping a Pepsi-Cola at a bar but MNF is a bit of a festive occasion and worthy of a viewing party.

I was surprised to hear our priest urge Ansah to break Manning's neck.

Ah, the heat of controlled mayhem, so tasty.
    Last edited by gnome; September-19-17 at 12:01 PM.

The game against Atlanta, will tell how much we've improved. Atlanta is a dynamite team, offensively and defensively, clearly the best team in the NFC. If they can run the ball, and play decent defense against Julio Jones and that RB Freeman, don't turn the ball over and maybe create some, they have a shot.

The SOL just played 2 awful teams, lets see what they got against the Falcons & don't forget when the Pat's [[1-1) scored 24 unanswered pts in the 1st-Qtr of their recent exhibition game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    The SOL just played 2 awful teams, lets see what they got against the Falcons & don't forget when the Pat's [[1-1) scored 24 unanswered pts in the 1st-Qtr of their recent exhibition game.....
    Doesn't sound like your cup is even one-quarter full?

I still assume most Lions' fans are hoping for 10 or maybe 11 wins. No one will be talking a deep playoff run unless the Lions beat the Falcons Sunday and then... It is time to get out the kool-aid and champagne.

I wouldn't scoff at 10 wins...

P.S. Anyone takes wins or losses in pre-season [[any sport) seriously??? I certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Doesn't sound like your cup is even one-quarter full?

I still assume most Lions' fans are hoping for 10 or maybe 11 wins. No one will be talking a deep playoff run unless the Lions beat the Falcons Sunday and then... It is time to get out the kool-aid and champagne.

I wouldn't scoff at 10 wins...

P.S. Anyone takes wins or losses in pre-season [[any sport) seriously??? I certainly don't.
    Lions fans talk about deep playoff runs??? Let's get one playoff win under our belts!

....ok, ok, enough typical Michigander SOL cynicism. Sorry, it's just a reflex at this point. MNF was indeed awesome [[and the sad NY fans - haha!). Hoping they look the part of a contender against the Falcons.

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post

Slow down man, you're taking way too big of bites of that cornbread. Swallow down a big swig of kool-aid and maybe shake your head real hard. You'll come to your senses, probably by New Years Eve.

For what it's worth, the Las Vegas sports books changed the line on the chances of the Lions to win the Super Bowl from 50-1 to 40-1. They're still a long shot, but they have all the swami's attention.

SOL's.....you guys really didn't believe they would beat the Falcons, didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    SOL's.....you guys really didn't believe they would beat the Falcons, didn't think so.
    No I didn't. Falcons were NFC champs last year. But the Lions came much closer to winning than I thought they were capable of. About as close to beating them as possible without actually doing it in fact. Good game and how they deal with the loss will be telling going forward.

I hope no one here actually spends money to see the Lions. They've been a second rate team for 60 years. One playoff win in that time? Nuts. And I'm not touching that disrespect for America situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I hope no one here actually spends money to see the Lions. They've been a second rate team for 60 years. One playoff win in that time? Nuts. And I'm not touching that disrespect for America situation.
    Protesting blacks getting murdered while exercising Consitutional rights = "disrespect for America".

Welcome to Trumpland. Of course, no problem being in cahoots with foreign enemies like Putin, that's all fine. No problem putting white supremacists and fake news purveyors in the White House. But Constitutional rights are a horrible thing [[if you're black, that is).

The NFL didn't even have players standing for the National Anthem until 2009. Time to fire all those sons-a-bitches, right?
    Last edited by Bham1982; September-25-17 at 07:02 AM.

I've never liked the "knee down" rule and this isn't just because of yesterday. I always prefer where the ball is when it hits the ground, lands on the pile or forward motion is stopped. I like the player being able to lunge for the goal line with outstretched arms when he's falling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Protesting blacks getting murdered while exercising Consitutional rights = "disrespect for America".

Welcome to Trumpland. Of course, no problem being in cahoots with foreign enemies like Putin, that's all fine. No problem putting white supremacists and fake news purveyors in the White House. But Constitutional rights are a horrible thing [[if you're black, that is).

The NFL didn't even have players standing for the National Anthem until 2009. Time to fire all those sons-a-bitches, right?
    Trumpland circa 2020

Attachment 34253

I was pleasantly surprised that our defense could stick with the best offense in the league, and in my opinion, it's best receiver in Julio Jones. Mistakes were made, but we never gave up. Most of us had this penciled in as a loss 6 months ago. I especially enjoyed how the NFL Today pundits had us written off at halftime. Even though we lost, this is not your daddy's Lions. I sure hope Quinn doesn't have any plans to open the vaults for Ebron. A very disappointing effort on his part. Didn't really like the play calling sequence at the goal line. Stafford should have rolled out on one of those plays and tried to find a lane to score. He could have thrown the ball away or ran out of bounds if there was nothing there. We weren't going 16-0, so there's no reason to get too down on this team losing to the best in the NFC. The next game against the Vikings is far more important. Prater is the man !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    "Disrespect for America" is the President of the United States calling peaceful protesters "sons of bitches" and calling for reprisals against them because he doesn't like their political stance. THAT'S un-American.

Quote Originally Posted by clubboss View Post
    Trumpland circa 2020

Attachment 34253
    We're a little off topic, but since we have Mt. Rushmore and 4 presidents on it, can we have a 'Valley of Darkness' for any president who had stains on his legacy, maybe a Great Depression, resignation from the office, etc.

I don't think there was too many people who actually thought they would beat the Falcons. If this team is for real, they should run over the Vikings on Sunday. I think they have a better team then the Vikings, better QB anyway.

With Ebron's prior history of dropping passes, especially throughout this game, common sense dictates the question of why his # was called on the final drive..... Ebron had two catches on seven targets for nine yards. He dropped two key passes and was booed by the Ford Field crowd during Sunday’s 30-26 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. [[Freep)

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I don't think there was too many people who actually thought they would beat the Falcons. If this team is for real, they should run over the Vikings on Sunday. I think they have a better team then the Vikings, better QB anyway.
    They are a different team with Bradford, but him being ruled out helps, even though Keenum had the game of his life last week vs TB. Minnesota has a very good defense though, so the Lions will have their work cut out for them. They need to make sure they keep Dalvin Cook under control. Atlanta's running game torched them last week.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; September-30-17 at 11:22 AM.

After allowing time to run out in today's game, the Lions are now 3-1 and officially tied with the Packers [[themselves already with a 3-1 record as they played Thursday and defeated the Bears) for 1st in the NFC North.

I am surprised, though, that the Viking defense was weaker than I thought.

And if you're wondering...during the national anthem all but two of the Lions and all of the Vikings stood while the two holdouts kneeled.

Still, what a great way to bounce back from that devastating loss against the Falcons all because a single touchdown was ruled invalid.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast