Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    After allowing time to run out in today's game, the Lions are now 3-1 and officially tied with the Packers [[themselves already with a 3-1 record as they played Thursday and defeated the Bears) for 1st in the NFC North.

I am surprised, though, that the Viking defense was weaker than I thought.

And if you're wondering...during the national anthem all but two of the Lions and all of the Vikings stood while the two holdouts kneeled.

Still, what a great way to bounce back from that devastating loss against the Falcons all because a single touchdown was ruled invalid.
    Stafford was sacked 6-7 times. Vikings D is not weak, the Lions D was good enough to overcome the Vikings poor offense, once Cook got knocked out the game, and Case Keenan didn't have the game he did previously when he passed for a career high 369 yards. Stafford needs to step up on offense, he can't depend on the defense to keep bailing him out.

Big thing is that we [[really) need Taylor Decker to come back healthy and ready to protect Stafford.

Big game against the Saints next week, I like 4 and 2 a lot better then 3 and 3. That Sunday night game should be absolute crazy time at Ford Field.

Same old Lions.....[[Stafford sacked 6 times, Ebron dropped passes, no rushing game, currently rank 23rd in pass yrds & 26th in rush yrds).....

Interesting FACT: in the 2015 draft, instead of taking the outstanding WR local [[Farm Hills/UoM) homeboy Devin Funchess with the Panthers, the Lions selected an unknown Laken Tomlinson[[?) in the 1st round. Well, Laken was cut & traded this year for a 5th-round pick in 2019???

SOL's......

Name:  tomlinsondraft-article-043015.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  52.0 KB
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-09-17 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Same old Lions.....[[Stafford sacked 6 times, Ebron dropped passes, no rushing game, currently rank 23rd in pass yrds & 26th in rush yrds).....

Interesting FACT: in the 2015 draft, instead of taking the outstanding WR local [[Farm Hills/UoM) homeboy Devin Funchess with the Panthers, the Lions selected an unknown Laken Tomlinson[[?) in the 1st round. Well, Laken was cut & traded this year for a 5th-round pick in 2019???

SOL's......

Name:  tomlinsondraft-article-043015.jpg
Views: 903
Size:  52.0 KB
    How about the 2014 draft? The Lions passed on Aaron Donald and picked instead, none other then, everybody's favorite, Eric [[stone hands) Ebron.

Not only A. Donald, but in 2014 they passed on Odell Beckham Jr & CJ Mosley by using their 1st-round pick on a TE.....?

Aaron Rogers injury has just about handed the NFC North to the Lions. I don't want to sound like a cornbread eating slappy but as of now, with Rogers out who is better the the Lions? The Vikings? The Bears? Of course if Stanford gets hurt, then all bets are off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Since the 'taking the knee' campaign began, I quit with the NFL. Most of those retards can't even discuss intelligently what they are taking a knee for. Screw 'em all.
    On the contrary, they've been very clear, from Day 1.

Black athletes don't need to ask white guys for approval before fighting for their civil rights. If you're offended at black folks fighting for equality, best you turn off the TV.

Name:  2017-10-14 14.13.36.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  167.2 KB I'm pretty sure Ray said that's exactly what he's doing, Bham

Doesn't bother me one way or another. I like watching football, I like going to Lions games. If they want to stand, sit, kneel, I really don't care. It just doesn't offend me.
    Last edited by softailrider; October-16-17 at 08:21 AM.

Meanwhile the Lions defense collapses and the Lions fall to 3-3.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Aaron Rogers injury has just about handed the NFC North to the Lions. I don't want to sound like a cornbread eating slappy but as of now, with Rogers out who is better the the Lions? The Vikings? The Bears? Of course if Stanford gets hurt, then all bets are off the table.
    Lions had a chance last year to win the division out right, and they didn't. Every time this team has a opportunity to take the next step towards being a legitimate contender, they come up short. Rodgers injury not only effects the division, but the conference as well. Philly, Carolina, and the surprising LA Rams path's, may be a little easier now.

5 trips to the red zone and no touch downs??? Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Nobody can hand the Lions the division. They can try but it can't be done. Lions will always fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    5 trips to the red zone and no touch downs??? Unbelievable.
    Almost 500 yards of total offense too. Damn shame....

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Nobody can hand the Lions the division. They can try but it can't be done. Lions will always fumble.
    Vikings don’t have an easy schedule the rest of the way, and Bridgewater is still out. Aaron Rogers isn’t coming back this year. The Bears are the Bears. Personally, I think, even at 3 and 4 the Lions have a shot - it has to start with a win at Green Bay on Monday against their second string quarterback. Then the Browns are here. Of course, they have to get into the end zone and score touchdowns for all this to happen. They’re at a critical juncture to salvage this season, they have to win the next two games.

The Lions' only saving grace at this point is that they are 1-0 in the division, and that win came against the Vikings.

The goal line sequence is just dumbfounding. The Lions had two free-agents on their line, including one who was in for his first play. The situation called for anyone with a football brain to take the easy lead with a field goal.

Which brings us to Zak Zenner. Who was the only RB that could get us a yard between the tackles at the end of last year ? Who is the only RB on the roster that always runs North and South ? Washington didn't earn or deserve those sequence of plays coming his way. He may have some power, but he's also a stand-up runner. When running the ball, the Lions have lost yardage on a third of their running plays. 2nd and 7 looks a lot better than 2nd and 14, especially when you're still a passing offense.

Yes...the Browns are coming. Considering this team's history of fan abuse, look for the Lions to defend their only legacy in two generations....protecting the 0-16 season.

SOLs......let's hope Ebron is traded today, if not, more of the same [[butterfingers, not winning).

Why isn't "Jimmy-Bob-Boy-Hooter-Cooter's" job on the line [[w/Caldwells) after those horrendous red-zone calls? Isn't it insane calling the same play w/the same runner over/over/over & expecting different......forgot, SOLs.

SOLs......let's hope Ebron is traded today, if not, more of the same [[butterfingers, not winning).

Why isn't "Jimmy-Bob-Boy-Hooter-Cooter's" job on the line [[w/Caldwells) after those horrendous red-zone calls? Isn't it insane calling the same play w/the same runner over/over/over & expecting different......forgot, SOLs.
    Ole Jim Bob will be gone before Caldwell, who just signed a extension that nobody knows for how much, and how long, except the parties involved. I highly doubt they can Caldwell, and be on the hook for his salary, unless they lose all, or most of their remaining games, no matter how much, and how long the duration it is. Besides, Martha Ford is crazy about Caldwell. Pretty sure he's being paid handsomely.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; October-31-17 at 10:14 AM.

Interesting Fact: The Lions are converting just 33.3% of their third- and fourth-and-1 plays through 7 games, far below [[dead last) the NFL average of 66.5% . . . . .

Other stats: The dismal offense ranks 28 out of 32, 28th in rushing, & 31st in kick returns.
    Last edited by Smirnoff; October-31-17 at 02:17 PM.

Interesting Fact: The Lions are converting just 33.3% of their third- and fourth-and-1 plays through 7 games, far below [[dead last) the NFL average of 66.5% . . . . .

Other stats: The dismal offense ranks 28 out of 32, 28th in rushing, & 31st in kick returns.
    Interesting, included in those stats are the highest paid QB in the history of the NFL. How bad would they be with a lesser paid QB? Probably about the same.

Tonight was quite a shocker...and a win in Wisconsin is, well, a win in Wisconsin and an improvement to 4-4 and 2-0 in-division. The media already predicted a Lions victory in Rodgers' absence.

Our next two games, Cleveland and then Chicago, should be legit shots to go 6-4 going into the Thanksgiving game.

And hopefully Taylor Decker is back soon. A huge boost to the OL, which has really missed him at LT.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast