Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 97 of 143 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    Rollercoaster of emotions here, but the folks involved with the project pushed hard to find a solution and someone found one! The camera is back up, it's in a new spot. I'm not quite sure what floor it's on. The angle is slightly different. I'll press my contact for a few more details.

Thanks!
    Much appreciated!

I like the new angle, I think you can see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    I know sometimes sarcasm doesn't read well on the internet, but I thought everyone knew this was sarcastic, as it's not something that ever happened.

For the millionth time, you all need to stop getting successfully baited by trolls and distractions.
    Obviously not everyone realized it was sarcasm! I thought it was kind of obvious.

I have my moments of naivety.
    Though haven't major developers sometimes gotten away with as bad or worse?

Thanks for the updates Scottathew.
    Last edited by bust; January-01-21 at 09:52 PM.

Any idea when the camera stream will be back up?

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    Any idea when the camera stream will be back up?
    Just posted a new video 50 minutes ago.

It amazes me how slow this is going. In Chicago, they started Wolf Point South [[Salesforce Tower) in May and they have the foundation, subterranian levels and 8 levels of the core already built. This project has been going on for two years now and they aren't even out of the ground !?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    It amazes me how slow this is going. In Chicago, they started Wolf Point South [[Salesforce Tower) in May and they have the foundation, subterranian levels and 8 levels of the core already built. This project has been going on for two years now and they aren't even out of the ground !?!?!
    What is it with Chicago and you people?

1. They're above ground

2. These dumb false caparisons continue to be irrelevant

Actually over three years now. Hudson's broke ground way back in December 2017, and Gilbert was given the land for free in 2007 contingent on building office space for his suburban employees [[he reneged and put them in Compuware instead).

As you touched on, 60-story Salesforce Tower in Chicago broke ground in April 2020 and here's a photo of it already 8 stories in the air as of last week.

And when Salesforce broke ground, its financing was detailed: https://therealdeal.com/chicago/2020...icago-history/

Last edited by motorcity; January-13-21 at 06:02 PM.

More construction progress!

Another large portion of the site is now at street level! Also more foundation work and rebar is in place for more of the tower columns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbo5ki9WoyA&t=180s

Both cores on the block portion are now out of frame in the daily videos.

"The ONEFORCE building in Manhattan is 140 stories tall and broke ground last Friday. It was 100% financed by finance. They are already on Floor 15 and it's only been 5 days. Check it out."

Chicago is not New York
    Detroit is not Chicago
    St. Louis is not Detroit, etc.,

Stop the non-sequitur comparisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    "The ONEFORCE building in Manhattan is 140 stories tall and broke ground last Friday. It was 100% financed by finance. They are already on Floor 15 and it's only been 5 days. Check it out."

Chicago is not New York
    Detroit is not Chicago
    St. Louis is not Detroit, etc.,

Stop the non-sequitur comparisions.
    As long as we're above St. Louis...

Fort Wayne is not St. Louis
    Lansing is not Fort Wayne
    Erie is not Lansing

This is kinda fun

Quote Originally Posted by bartocktoo View Post
    Chicago is not New York
    Detroit is not Chicago
    St. Louis is not Detroit, etc.

Stop the non-sequitur comparisons.
    Where's Monroe Blocks? Where's Cass Corridor's District Detroit we were promised? Where's the MLS soccer stadium district? Where's proof of the Hudson's skyscraper over 37 months since groundbreaking? Where's the University of Michigan Innovation Center groundbreaking?

Why did the city give Bedrock that Hudson's property for free in 2007? In Chicago, a similar piece of downtown land sold for over $110 million dollars – why didn't Detroit collect even a mere fraction of that from a filthy rich billionaire?
    https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2017...r-report-says/

Why did we give Bedrock $618 million in incentives for 4 projects, including Monroe Blocks and Hudson's?
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ent/629505002/

Why did we give Ilitches $400 million in taxpayer funds for that hockey arena and a never-developed district around it?
    https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...strict-detroit
    Last edited by motorcity; January-27-21 at 05:04 PM.

Residents have every right to ask questions, demand accountability, and make comparisons which highlight what a racket and farce all of this is. We have been bamboozled and hoodwinked for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    Residents have every right to ask questions, demand accountability, and make comparisons which highlight what a racket and farce all of this is. We have been bamboozled and hoodwinked for far too long.
    Ah, you have that “Room temperature IQ” huh, buddy

If you want ask questions and demand accountability, I suggest you go down to city hall. We don't have the duty to answer your questions or demands and you have proven you are not to be taken seriously. Instead we somehow get the burden of listening to you whine and throw a fit like a petulant child. Get a life. Get a friend. You have none here.

Why did the city give Bedrock that Hudson's property for free in 2007? In Chicago, a similar piece of downtown land sold for over $110 million dollars – why didn't Detroit collect even a mere fraction of that from a filthy rich billionaire?
    You think the land for the Hudson's site is worth $110million by comparing it to Chicago??

AH HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I just fell out of my chair laughing uncontrollably.

If it wasn't for Dan Gilbert's interest, the land would be completely worthless. Even as a parking garage, it was loosing money on maintenance costs alone.

So is this the 1,398,938th time the troll has derailed this thread? I lost count.

That's nice.

Please stop replying to him

I guess some people have their head in the sand... not realizing that Gilbert is still working on the $313 million Book Tower/Book Building complex, the new Justice Center, as well as continuation on the Hudson's site. But to some people, that doesn't fit their "agenda"...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I guess some people have their head in the sand... not realizing that Gilbert is still working on the $313 million Book Tower/Book Building complex, the new Justice Center, as well as continuation on the Hudson's site. But to some people, that doesn't fit their "agenda"...
    As long as our tax dollars are not helping him renovate these buildings. Hipster living downtown in the cheap the few past decades will have to find a new pad to squat

Page 97 of 143 FirstFirst ... 47 87 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 107 ... LastLast