Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 96 of 143 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3565

[QUOTE=Dexlin;604615]Excuse me, what? It's still parking, the entire two levels under the Block are parking. I mean, are you expecting to see them painting lines already or something? I don't get it. Again, here is how most of the parking will be structured, though they will have some traditional self-parking spaces:

Dexlin, I'm not an expert on building construction so be gentle with me. From the video and from what I remember of them building the Premier Garage, while viewing the construction from the People Mover, the steps for building the underground parking don't appear to be the same. So, Dexlin, the parking was going to be automated? I don't remember that being said. I remember Gilbert saying that they were replacing the 600 space Premier Garage with an even bigger garage. Let me know if I'm not remembering correctly. Again, I'm just curious as to what's going on. Thanks in advance.

It's been said a few times. But more than that, there is actually a little gif of it.

The city-approved site plans also clearly show the setup. It'll mostly be animated, but there will be some semi-automated and self-parking spaces, too. But, mostly, you're going to drive in and hand your car over to the valet to operate the system. First level will have a ramp from the street; bottom level will only be accessible by elevator.

A concrete pouring machine has been stationed at street level on the west side of the site all day. It looks like they have been pouring another section of the first level of the block, as well as some columns to support the ground floor on the west most section

Looks like they poured this entire section, today. What was also noticeable is that they put tarps on the floor of the tower footprint in the "trenches" around the recently poured foundation.

Here's the giant pour!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Looks like they poured this entire section, today. What was also noticeable is that they put tarps on the floor of the tower footprint in the "trenches" around the recently poured foundation.
    Tarps typically indicate that they'll be pouring in that location within the next day or two

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    Here's the giant pour!

Amazing! Thank you. It's shaping up to be a gorgeous parking garage.

^^ "That's nice!"

My guess is the naysayers-- especially the loudest ones-- aren't architectural engineers.
    Neither am I.
    I don't pretend I am.
    From my layman's perspective, I see progress.
    Pessimists can't kill it: In one way or an other our civic dreams may come true.
    Last edited by bust; December-30-20 at 01:16 PM.

FYI - there will be some disruption with the camera feed for the time lapse either today or in the coming weeks. It must be moved to a different floor, it's currently on the 12th floor, I'm hoping to get it moved to the 11th floor. I'm offsite and trying to coordinate with folks that are onsite.

Unfortunate update - the construction camera will be down for now. We weren't able to find a suitable location that we had access to. We'll get it back up eventually

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    I'm a Detroit homeowner, I'd love nothing more than for this skyscraper to be built.
    AHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAAHHHAAHAAAHAAAA

Who do you think you're fooling? At least try with the trolling don't insult our intelligence.

Since the thing is not going to be banned, it's time to completely ignore the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    I'm a Detroit homeowner, I'd love nothing more than for this skyscraper to be built. However, it's obviously another fake project in a long list of other fake Detroit projects. Maybe this bullying and misinformation works on people who've never left Detroit, but for those that have, we saw this farce from a mile away.

And if Bedrock doesn't want to answer to the public, wants us to shut up and obey and be grateful for a 15 years in the making parking deck, then give back all the public incentives and pay the city fair market value for this land.
    Anyone with 50 posts and half a brain should realize that Dan Gilbert has renovated 100 properties downtown... how is it that you missed that?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffste...ve-mixed-uses/

https://detroit.curbed.com/2020/1/29...it-development

https://www.quickenloans.com/press-r...irst-national/

https://www.quickenloans.com/press-r.../one-woodward/

Oh, and you are misinformed if you think that the Z garage was Gilbert's biggest ground up construction. So far that distinction goes to the 15 story 310,000 sq. ft. $95 million One Campus Martius expansion.

If you're expanding atop the parking podium underneath an existing building, is it really "ground up?"

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    If you're expanding atop the parking podium underneath an existing building, is it really "ground up?"
    If you can count 1 to 15, it is...

What’s really impressive is that Dan Gilbert got the whole Hudson’s block project revised into an automated parking garage, got that garage approved by the city, and nobody noticed.

City Modern, the biggest residential project in Detroit since Mies van der Rohe's Lafayette Park, that's ground up. 28 Grand, the high-rise micro apartments in Capital Park are also a ground up Bedrock project.

But it doesn't really matter how credible Bedrock is proven to be. The most respected, high profile and credible developer in the United States [[Related Companies) is having their project in Detroit attacked by the troll as well.

Also One Campus Martius doesn't sit on a parking garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    City Modern, the biggest residential project in Detroit since Mies van der Rohe's Lafayette Park, that's ground up. 28 Grand, the high-rise micro apartments in Capital Park are also a ground up Bedrock project.
    In the context of a thread about a skyscraper, the point is Gilbert has no prior experience building a skyscraper from the ground up, which could explain [[in part) why the Hudson project is moving so slowly.

In other cities with similar projects of its scale where the lead times haven't been nearly as long, the developers actually know what they're doing based on skyscrapers they've built in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Also One Campus Martius doesn't sit on a parking garage.
    I meant atop the loading/delivery bays and HVAC storage.
    Last edited by 313WX; December-31-20 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    What’s really impressive is that Dan Gilbert got the whole Hudson’s block project revised into an automated parking garage, got that garage approved by the city, and nobody noticed.
    Did this really happen?
    Could Gilbert only build a garage and qualify for the tax exemptions?
    Last edited by bust; December-31-20 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Did this really happen?
    This did NOT happen. The elevator cores are already well above garage level, and the foundations are not suitable for just a garage.

This thread is full of trolls. Please don't reply to them. Motorcity is the primary culprit, but there are others.

In other cities with similar projects of its scale where the lead times haven't been nearly as long, the developers actually know what they're doing based on skyscrapers they've built in the past.

We've gone over a million times why this project is not exactly comparable to others and why it's moved slow. [[including an entire year dedicated to demo of the garage, it wasn't even under construction for that period).

You have a good point about something of this scale having not been done by them before and that may be contributing to the length of the timeline. But Bedrock is not a developer who doesn't know what they're doing. And what they're doing here is really above and beyond what most [[or any really) developers in uhh... "Nashville" would ever be willing to do.

In cities like Nashville, they build office space and apartments on top of a giant parking garage and call it a day. They do nothing nearly as complicated as Hudson site, nor do any of those buildings have to deal with the old foundation of a colossal 1920's skyscraper.

Also looking at the video, it seems we missed a big pour yesterday when the camera was down. It looks like there's concrete in the entire square foundation now.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Did this really happen?
    I know sometimes sarcasm doesn't read well on the internet, but I thought everyone knew this was sarcastic, as it's not something that ever happened.

For the millionth time, you all need to stop getting successfully baited by trolls and distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    Unfortunate update - the construction camera will be down for now. We weren't able to find a suitable location that we had access to. We'll get it back up eventually
    Rollercoaster of emotions here, but the folks involved with the project pushed hard to find a solution and someone found one! The camera is back up, it's in a new spot. I'm not quite sure what floor it's on. The angle is slightly different. I'll press my contact for a few more details.

Thanks!

Page 96 of 143 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 ... LastLast