Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 69 of 143 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Enough about Austin!

At the actual Hudson's Site, it looks like they've dropped off some more parts for the tower crane, and work continues on the block portion. It's nice to see some different types of progress, besides drilling and filling the caissons.
    This. Who cares about Austin, why do threads always get hijacked into talking about other cities!?

Quote Originally Posted by p1acebo View Post
    This. Who cares about Austin, why do threads always get hijacked into talking about other cities!?
    Sorry! My fault. I had to bring up my current residence and speak to it in terms of development and then defend it from someone who hates Texas and thinks all its cities are podunk lol. By all means. No more talk of Austin or any other city that isn’t Detroit. I won’t do it again.

Detroit is in no place to be calling other cities "podunk."

Interacting with people from other parts of the country on a regular basis, almost everyone either feels sorry for the city, it's completely irrelevant in their minds [[they could barely name a Detroit sports team or landmark; at best, they may associate it with an intermittent visit to an auto supplier in some part of Michigan or a place they transferred flights) or they're deathly afraid to step foot in it.

To them, Detroit is the epitome of bigger isn't always better.
    Last edited by 313WX; February-05-20 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Detroit is in no place to be calling other cities "podunk."

Interacting with people from other parts of the country on a regular basis, almost everyone either feels sorry for the city, it's completely irrelevant in their minds [[they could barely name a Detroit sports team or landmark; at best, they may associate it with an intermittent visit to an auto supplier in some part of Michigan or a place they transferred flights) or they're deathly afraid to step foot in it.

Yeah Detroit STILL needs to repair its fragile reputation from monikers like murder capital of the world which people still think of the city. There’s no point in name-calling or bashing other cities when Detroit has so many issues of its own.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ff/4647947002/

Interesting editorial from the Detroit news on city council and its requirements for developers....

Dmberko11, people check on this thread regularly for updates about the Hudson's site development. That's all we care about. To engage in unprovoked Detroit-bashing trolling [[mostly from people like you who never even lived in Detroit) please use other threads. There are plenty of those in this forum, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CR75 View Post
    Dmberko11, people check on this thread regularly for updates about the Hudson's site development. That's all we care about. To engage in unprovoked Detroit-bashing trolling [[mostly from people like you who never even lived in Detroit) please use other threads. There are plenty of those in this forum, for some reason.
    I wasn’t trolling or bashing Detroit where I grew up sir but that’s fine. I happened to mention where I now live and another forumer started to call it names. I’ll follow detroit and Hudson’s progress through alternative means. Have a good day sir

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Sorry! My fault. I had to bring up my current residence and speak to it in terms of development and then defend it from someone who hates Texas and thinks all its cities are podunk lol. By all means. No more talk of Austin or any other city that isn’t Detroit. I won’t do it again.
    It's not that you can't talk about other cities or even compare other cities to Detroit on this forum in general, but to echo what CR75 said, this thread is specifically about the Hudson site project. So I routinely check this thread for this exact reason, as I no longer live downtown... and actually live out of state at this point for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post

Ok, thank you for the super hot take, our dear resident Detroit troll hater who acts aggressive towards anybody who doesn't bash the city constantly. We all take you very seriously.

Can you both continue this pointless argument in PMs or something?

Anyway, by my count, they filled in that pit on the block side with 34 cement trucks today.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post

Anyway, by my count, they filled in that pit on the block side with 34 cement trucks today.
    Thanks for counting! I watched it through once and then thought "man I really should have counted those trucks"

Yeah Detroit STILL needs to repair its fragile reputation from monikers like murder capital of the world which people still think of the city. There’s no point in name-calling or bashing other cities when Detroit has so many issues of its own.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ff/4647947002/

Interesting editorial from the Detroit news on city council and its requirements for developers....
    I was right about this one. Here's an ideal that the city should use; give the developers the land that the want th o build on for free and dont give them taxpayer incentives but have the money used for training Detroiters in skill trades

Is that pit being built for an elevator shaft?

Is that pit being built for an elevator shaft?
    Which pit? I haven't seen any signs of that, but it's a big site and I don't understand much about construction.

I think they have maybe 1-2 more caissons to go.

We've also noticed what appears to be counter-weights for a crane [[next to the crane base that is closest to Gratiot), but I'm not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    Because Austin's podunk downtown still has single family shacks sitting in it. Not really impressive or a good thing since Austin likely doesn't have diverse mixed density/use zoning which is essential to good urban planning and neighborhood vibrancy.

Detroit is creating walkable good urbanism from empty lots in places like Brush Park, no other city is really doing this.
    Let me introduce to the Domain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0fgDkRM8Y&t=39s

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Which pit? I haven't seen any signs of that, but it's a big site and I don't understand much about construction.
    There is a fairly large square pit adjacent to the block-side crane, or at least that is what looks like from your friends' videos. An earlier post mentioned that they poured 34 trucks worth of concrete in there yesterday, so I was just referring to that, but yeah, it's hard with all these Austin trolls interrupting the conversation.

Anyway, I am not into construction either, so I am just guessing. It would be cool to know if that is an elevator shaft being built there.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    I've been to Austin. The whole area was built just yesterday it is not comparable to an old city like Detroit and nowhere near as impressive unless you think parking podium condos are impressive. It's the epitome of podunk if you could describe a large city as such.
    I thought I'd be weirder.

Anyway, I am not into construction either, so I am just guessing. It would be cool to know if that is an elevator shaft being built there.
    I see what you're talking about. Well, if we see cinder blocks rising up, we'll know you were right!

I suspect you hang out at SSP. My relatives still living in Michigan who haven't visited me in Austin have no idea of what's going on in Austin. They can't let go of Hollywood and political stereotypes of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Left_For_Texas View Post
    I suspect you hang out at SSP. My relatives still living in Michigan who haven't visited me in Austin have no idea of what's going on in Austin. They can't let go of Hollywood and political stereotypes of Texas.
    Same thing with relatives / friends I have in Michigan.

The younger generation [[that has been forced to travel / move out of state for work & school) not so much, but definitely the older generation that doesn't travel often and still have 1970s perceptions of cities/metros/regions stuck in their heads.
    Last edited by 313WX; February-08-20 at 08:02 AM.

Are you trying to derail this thread on purpose? Why don't you exchange your Hotmail accounts and continue this bizarre back and forth there?

Back to the topic... yesterday, it looked like they poured cement into the first vertical caisson on the tower side. Around 12 truckloads. Another step forward.
    Last edited by EGrant; February-08-20 at 02:44 PM.

So, it's been confirmed? If not the tallest then what's height? This 2020 and no official word is just plain unprofessional on the part of bedrock.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    So, it's been confirmed? If not the tallest then what's height? This 2020 and no official word is just plain unprofessional on the part of bedrock.
    Most likely we'll gonna hear more information about the height of the tower soon since they scrapped the skydeck.

Quote Originally Posted by THE FURY 617 View Post
    Most likely we'll gonna hear more information about the height of the tower soon since they scrapped the skydeck.
    The Skydeck was scrapped when they first announced the 912 ft. height, due to the limited number of elevators [[no room for an express). If they reduce by a few hundred feet, then they could re-add the Skydeck, since they won't need as many elevators.

I think that once bedrock finish finding its way the the city's red tape them we probably see a final rendering

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I think that once bedrock finish finding its way the the city's red tape them we probably see a final rendering
    Have there been indications of the city slowing them down? I've heard nothing of the sort.

Page 69 of 143 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 119 ... LastLast