Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 141 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3565

Default Hudsons Site

It is probably just the angle of these posted pictures that make it difficult to compare to some of the renderings. I'm sure all of the other commentators are accurate in what they are saying. The best result and comparison will be when they can remove the crane and the exterior glass installed. Hopefully that can be completed by the NFL Draft but it will be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    It is probably just the angle of these posted pictures that make it difficult to compare to some of the renderings. I'm sure all of the other commentators are accurate in what they are saying. The best result and comparison will be when they can remove the crane and the exterior glass installed. Hopefully that can be completed by the NFL Draft but it will be difficult.
    I doubt that the crane will be removed by the time of the draft. The building could he been topped off by now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    The best result and comparison will be when they can remove the crane and the exterior glass installed. Hopefully that can be completed by the NFL Draft but it will be difficult.
    I would almost bet that Duggan told Bedrock to make sure the crane is still up when the draft comes to town. Cranes in the air basically tell people that good stuffs happening here so keep coming back. Wouldn't be surprised if they try to increase that image and get a few more cranes up by the time the draft starts, such as at the water square site.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapooty View Post
    I would almost bet that Duggan told Bedrock to make sure the crane is still up when the draft comes to town. Cranes in the air basically tell people that good stuffs happening here so keep coming back. Wouldn't be surprised if they try to increase that image and get a few more cranes up by the time the draft starts, such as at the water square site.
    A completed looking building tells a better story
    Last edited by stasu1213; March-11-24 at 06:32 PM.

Interesting... cranes look to show progress in downtown... very true. It beats the old idea when the previous [to 2005] Superbowl, where they put awnings on abandoned buildings...

"A complaint looking building tells a better story." What does this even mean??

Fair point, cranes are much less frequent in cities these days. Chicago had 60 cranes in its skyline in 2017, but just one groundbreaking in 2023.

I think Water Square Hotel is planning on a Q2 groundbreaking, so probably no crane in time for the Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Interesting... cranes look to show progress in downtown... very true. It beats the old idea when the previous [to 2005] Superbowl, where they put awnings on abandoned buildings...

"A complaint looking building tells a better story." What does this even mean??
    That was a typo. I had corrected it

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    That was a typo. I had corrected it
    Heh. Autocompletion failure no doubt. Damn this technology!

Update as of 3/21:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I still need to update for the end of last year but here is some of the documentation I have been doing since 2022.

https://www.ryansouthen.com/architecture#/hudsons-site/

Great work as usual Ryan.

Edition Hotels no longer shows Detroit as an upcoming opening.

https://www.editionhotels.com/coming-soon/

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Edition Hotels no longer shows Detroit as an upcoming opening.

https://www.editionhotels.com/coming-soon/
    Interesting. Maybe there's still hope it becomes a Ritz-Carlton.

OK... this is the best image so far comparing the new Hudson's Tower versus other downtown buildings... photo from Pure Detroit.

There may be some additional height added for mechanical to the top of the tower, but they are near the 681 ft. top. Also remember that the Hudson's site is about 40 ft.+ higher in elevation than the Renaissance Center.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Interesting. Maybe there's still hope it becomes a Ritz-Carlton.
    I believe it has been confirmed and the work is already being done. Just need to be officially announced.

However, there is a rumor around with the new Water Square hotel by the Cobo Center will be either JW Marriott or Ritz-Carlton.

Detroit is getting completely dominated by Marriott properties.

I stay at hotels for almost half of each year and from my experiences, I personally prefer Edition than Ritz-Carlton. They are on the same level but definitely have different vibe. Edition is more modern/cool luxury and Ritz is more like classic luxury.
    Last edited by RAPLAS; April-03-24 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAPLAS View Post
    I believe it has been confirmed and the work is already being done. Just need to be officially announced.

However, there is a rumor around with the new Water Square hotel by the Cobo Center will be either JW Marriott or Ritz-Carlton.

Detroit is getting completely dominated by Marriott properties.

I stay at hotels for almost half of each year and from my experiences, I personally prefer Edition than Ritz-Carlton. They are on the same level but definitely have different vibe. Edition is more casual/cool luxury and Ritz is more like classic luxury.
    I'm not following. What has been confirmed? If it's Edition why would they take it off their website? Also I would be surprised if a convention hotel was branded Ritz-Carlton. Most conventions don't pay those rates.

I'm not following. What has been confirmed? If it's Edition why would they take it off their website? Also I would be surprised if a convention hotel was branded Ritz-Carlton. Most conventions don't pay those rates.
    That's why JW is more likely. They love convention facilities and above average views. Some of their premier locations like San Antonio Hill Country and Indianapolis are part of some of the best convention complexes in the nation.

As it wasn't officially announced? I consider this as a "leak".

Also, as I stated, it's a rumor although there are few Ritz attached to convention centers out there. I would think JW will makes more sense though.
    Last edited by RAPLAS; April-03-24 at 09:50 AM.

The deal with Edition is inked and they filed permits with the city for interior construction. This has been reported many times. It's just not officially announced yet. They keep doing these accidental leaks on their websites and taking it off.

Update as of 4/4:
    Name:  IMG_3394.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  204.4 KB

Has an official topping off ceremony been announced? It looks like steel structure is complete at this point.

Thought the tall one already topped off but might have been wrong… Additional structure started going up. Also, they started working on Sunday again.
    Name:  IMG_8180.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  59.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_8181.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  68.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RAPLAS View Post
    Thought the tall one already topped off but might have been wrong… Additional structure started going up. Also, they started working on Sunday again.
    Name:  IMG_8180.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  59.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_8181.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  68.1 KB
    Yup... as I mentioned in post #3515, there may be additional mechanical being built on top, but they are near the maximum height they were planning on. No more elevator core though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yup... as I mentioned in post #3515, there may be additional mechanical being built on top, but they are near the maximum height they were planning on. No more elevator core though.
    Oh i see. That’s cool. Thank you for sharing again. Excited to see the top off ceremony and the tree so soon!