Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 113 of 143 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3565

This is an update as of 4/17. Once the elevator towers become taller than the Campus Martius Building it may be difficult to tell whether or not the elevator cores has risen a story due to lack of reference point.

Attachment 42043

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Detroit has such a beautiful clean downtown. Love watching frankai on YouTube. This will be a really nice new building for the city. Great news about the hotel component. Maybe locals know the market better than I do but do you see this thing getting booked a lot?? I mean, that's a prestigious hotel brand. So happy for DG and Detroit. Hopefully the joe Louis site will get more than just the 24 story apartment tower or whatever it going up at the moment. Good start. I'm liking what's going on in Detroit. Any news on that target store?
    Unfortunately it had been reported on this site that the Target store, which would only take 9 months to build and open, won't be built and open until some condo is built on the Woodward side of the same lot. Ground hasn't been broken for that yet after a few years of its announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Unfortunately it had been reported on this site that the Target store, which would only take 9 months to build and open, won't be built and open until some condo is built on the Woodward side of the same lot. Ground hasn't been broken for that yet after a few years of its announcement.
    Unless you know something I don't, the announcement was 6 months ago, Oct. 25 to be exact.

Again, you have this backwards.

The apartments are the development. There is going to be an underground parking garage across the entire site, and on top of it will be a 17 story residential tower, and a 6 story residential building, as well as some ground floor retail. They are all one building attached together and built at the same time.

Likewise, when they built the Ellington across the street, it was not a Starbucks "with some apartments on the same lot". It was an apartment building that Starbucks leased space in.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    This is an update as of 4/17. Once the elevator towers become taller than the Campus Martius Building it may be difficult to tell whether or not the elevator cores has risen a story due to lack of reference point.

Attachment 42043
    Oftentimes the elevator cores will have floor numbers spray painted onto the concrete. Have they done this here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Again, you have this backwards.

The apartments are the development. There is going to be an underground parking garage across the entire site, and on top of it will be a 17 story residential tower, and a 6 story residential building, as well as some ground floor retail. They are all one building attached together and built at the same time.

Likewise, when they built the Ellington across the street, it was not a Starbucks "with some apartments on the same lot". It was an apartment building that Starbucks leased space in.
    Starbucks leased a space on the ground floor or storefront of the Ellington. Target will not be connected but will sit behind the proposed site of these condos. Target announcement came in October. The condos were planned a few years ago

Starbucks leased a space on the ground floor or storefront of the Ellington. Target will not be connected but will sit behind the proposed site of these condos. Target announcement came in October. The condos were planned a few years ago
    Wasn't the condo proposal by the same developer that built on the Statler site? I remember hearing about the target store, it was around my birthday and I got excited for Detroit.

Wasn't the condo proposal by the same developer that built on the Statler site? I remember hearing about the target store, it was around my birthday and I got excited for Detroit.
    I believe it's the same developer, City Club. They are calling this City Club Midtown but I think it's apartments, not condos.

That's what I'm trying to tell you, the Target is not a freestanding building like the Whole Foods or Meijer.

The Target and the apartments on Woodward are one building. They are both built on top of a shared underground parking garage. They are directly connected on the ground floor with hallways. Someone who lives in the apartments could shop at the Target without ever stepping foot outside.

You can't build the Target without building the underground parking garage. And once you've started building the underground parking garage you've effectively started construction on the apartment building.

That's what I'm trying to tell you, the Target is not a freestanding building like the Whole Foods or Meijer.

The Target and the apartments on Woodward are one building. They are both built on top of a shared underground parking garage. They are directly connected on the ground floor with hallways. Someone who lives in the apartments could shop at the Target without ever stepping foot outside.

You can't build the Target without building the underground parking garage. And once you've started building the underground parking garage you've effectively started construction on the apartment building.
    The rendering shows Target behind the apartments as a stand alone structure.

Can we move this ridiculous argument to a different thread?

Meanwhile, I think we are almost to the end of the Hudson Site youtube videos; you can barely see anything at this point. Not complaining, but it's been a fun ride!
    Last edited by EGrant; April-19-22 at 07:40 PM.

The rendering shows Target behind the apartments as a stand alone structure.
    Here are the renderings and also the floor plans. https://detroitmi.gov/sites/detroitm...esentation.pdf

Here are the renderings and also the floor plans. https://detroitmi.gov/sites/detroitm...esentation.pdf
    Thanks Jason. I hope this happens. Really nice project. As far as Hudson's goes, we'll just have to rely on frankai's drivebys for updates since there isn't a webcam.

Thanks Jason. I hope this happens. Really nice project. As far as Hudson's goes, we'll just have to rely on frankai's drivebys for updates since there isn't a webcam.
    If your able, you should really drive down and see it yourself, it's so massive I feel like it's hard to grasp on video.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    If your able, you should really drive down and see it yourself, it's so massive I feel like it's hard to grasp on video.
    I believe you. We have a building going up in Austin that'll be almost 900 feet and 65 stories and it's massive at the base like Hudson's. When I go to visit relatives this year I wanna tour downtown Detroit. I haven't lived in Michigan since 2015. Grew up in Milford and then lived in Dearborn heights for a bit at ford and telegraph. Miss Michigan. Hate Texas summers

Hudson block update, shot last night [[4/23/22) from the roof of the Z garage. you can see the circular atrium at the top of the block building. meanwhile the tower is poised to pass the block in height soon Name:  IMG_2135.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  109.3 KB

Cores went up today for 4/28.

Attachment 42056

Finally gonna start to take up space in the skyline.

Nice video from YouTube with some recent progress. You can see a Christmas tree on top of the tower portion, which I assume means that is as high as that "step" of the tower goes as it gets skinner towards the top.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Nice video from YouTube with some recent progress. You can see a Christmas tree on top of the tower portion, which I assume means that is as high as that "step" of the tower goes as it gets skinner towards the top.
    Thanks for that insight, I was wondering why the "top out" steel was so low on the tower, the step back makes sense.

Crains reported that the tree is for the block topping out. Not for any part of the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Crains reported that the tree is for the block topping out. Not for any part of the tower.
    Good catch. Wonder why they didn't put it on the block?

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Good catch. Wonder why they didn't put it on the block?
    They did on the block, on the corner near the Shinola. The one on the library corner is on the tower portion

The tree plot thickens!

Anyway, Bedrock has been posting some teasers over the past few days. Feels like they're leading up to releasing some new renderings or something. Despite it being intentionally blurred, I don't think I've seen this image before.

I haven't either, looks like the interior.