Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 95 of 143 FirstFirst ... 45 85 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 3569

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    401don... in response to your earlier question about Gilbert's net worth...

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ar...on-in-one-day/
    Thanks but this is basically what I'm saying. When Forbes was saying Gilbert was worth 4 billion when Quicken was a private company they were obviously way underestimating or not taking into account at all the value of the company. Gilbert's net worth was obviously way over 4 billion before the IPO because he could have chosen to sell that asset for billions of dollars. In a similar vane, are the Ilitches only worth 5 billion [[the often quoted figure) because Little Caesars is a private company?

Excuse me, what? It's still parking, the entire two levels under the Block are parking. I mean, are you expecting to see them painting lines already or something? I don't get it. Again, here is how most of the parking will be structured, though they will have some traditional self-parking spaces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRy_211MAk4
    Last edited by Dexlin; December-18-20 at 08:51 PM.

For those wondering if there is construction Above street level, the elevator cores are definitely there now! Name:  IMG_20201218_183823629.jpg
Views: 1479
Size:  152.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I'm honestly baffled a DYES admin hasn't stepped in yet. I've reported the comments many times.

I reported him the second he started making Chicago posts in here, it was obviously the same troll from the beginning.
    Look, I'm sorry you all have been duped and so much of your ego is married to the local oligarch's fake projects. Hudson's is very likely to end up just a neat automated parking garage and maybe a 12-story 'block' building. The fake skyscraper is clearly not happening, just as many other falsely promised projects are never happening. Pictured below is likely what you're obsessed with: A going on 14 years in progress automated car garage on free land, funded with public incentives, providing parking for mortgage cold callers [[and sporting event fans). That large 'elevator' is for automobiles. Frankly, he doesn't have to build the skyscraper because you desperate bootlickers and the local press will still worship him if he put a lemonade stand on the lot, so why would he bother. You get so unhinged when anyone posts what a real in-progress skyscraper looks like because the truth hurts.

Last edited by motorcity; December-19-20 at 06:48 PM.

DetroitYES Pro-tip: click a username and then click "Add to Ignore List" on the left-side menu. It helps to ignore uncreative trolls with nothing new to say.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    DetroitYES Pro-tip: click a username and then click "Add to Ignore List" on the left-side menu. It helps to ignore uncreative trolls with nothing new to say.
    You can still see missing posts when you ignore and you can still see quotes.

You can still see missing posts when you ignore...
    What you will is:

This Message Is Hidden Because [[User Name) Is On Your Ignore List.

You can still see missing posts when you ignore and you can still see quotes.
    Banning me won't improve your self esteem. Nor will it build a fake skyscraper.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post

This reminds me of some other posters i forget over the years and a few other other projects I can't quite put my my finger on. One project has something to do with a book and a Cadillac and another has something to do with cosmopolitan.....no METRO....Metropolitan....something like that. Welp I'm glad that motorcity is here to let us know that the Hudson Tower will never happen since those other two never took off...

He has a point: the initial marketing and current reality are out of sync.
    I get it. I'm not surprised it's been dialed back.
    But his posts have gotten real screetch.
    Like he's overcompensating for using a sledgehammer on a tack.
    He dulls his own point in strange want for doom.

It’s Detroit. We are used to a crap load of projects that take a disappointing amount of time. Fortunately, we are also used to seemingly impossible projects like the aforementioned Book Cadillac or Metropolitan, miraculously come to fruition. Construction is progressing on the Hudson block and there’s not much point in engaging with Debbie Downers endless trolling speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    This reminds me of some other posters i forget over the years and a few other other projects I can't quite put my my finger on. One project has something to do with a book and a Cadillac and another has something to do with cosmopolitan.....no METRO....Metropolitan....something like that. Welp I'm glad that motorcity is here to let us know that the Hudson Tower will never happen since those other two never took off...
    Detroit Stylin... one of those was former DYES member Brian... who 15 years ago said that no matter what... nothing would ever become of the Book Cadillac... and once it was renovated and complete... poor discredited Brian went pfffft... and has never been heard from again!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Detroit Stylin... one of those was former DYES member Brian... who 15 years ago said that no matter what... nothing would ever become of the Book Cadillac... and once it was renovated and complete... poor discredited Brian went pfffft... and has never been heard from again!
    Anybody remember CC Batson and the immortal EMU Steve? Spouted the same dreck as motorcity.

I don't recall emu_steve being problematic.

He had an unusual obsession with sports, but wasn't problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I don't recall emu_steve being problematic.

He had an unusual obsession with sports, but wasn't problematic.
    You don't recall his constant defense of the Illitch empire and all of their never-come-true promises?
    One wonders why motorcity is not up in arms about all the public money the Illitiches have received based on nice renderings of promised developments that never happen. Unless you count parking lots, of course.

Emu_Steve was nice and all that... but he kept saying that things would be different now [[District Detroit) than the way it went when Comerica Park and Ford Field went online... but the sea of parking spaces just repeated itself, despite his saying that this time the Ilitches would get it right. And as we can see... "same as it ever was!".

I sure do remember that. The comparison doesn't square. Emu_steve believed and incessantly promoted everything the Ilitches promised. But he wasn't a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    Unless you count parking lots, of course.
    Each decade things get better. We've gone from gravel to paved to landscaped. Baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I sure do remember that. The comparison doesn't square. Emu_steve believed and incessantly promoted everything the Ilitches promised. But he wasn't a troll.
    I can see how some might think EMU_Steve was a troll, and how others might not. I’m not going to lie, I did sometimes get a kick out of his posts and naivety, and it could get annoying, but never this bad. EMU wouldn’t go pull up all development-related threads and literally troll, ever. This new guy just suckssss.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    L O L !!!!

Trolling literally every Detroit community on the internet wont make your mental health issues go away, or make your life better. See a therapist, please.

^^

Apparently the $315 million Book Tower/Building restoration, the completed David Stott Tower, and the other 100 finished building restorations must have slipped her mind...

https://detroit.curbed.com/2019/9/9/...g-bedrock-tour

https://detroit.curbed.com/2020/1/29...it-development
    Last edited by Gistok; December-20-20 at 09:33 PM.

Observations from today's video:

- there's a new wall of concrete on the bottom floor in front of the east elevator shaft
    - they wasted no time putting up rebar cages for the pillars on the newest slab in the northwest corner [[hard to see), with some already having forms put on them [[likely means they'll get concrete tomorrow or Weds)

There's also quite a bit of movement along the middle-west side where the haven't poured any concrete yet on the west side steel floor. I'm guessing we will have a slab there by the end of the year [[weather permitting). They tend to cover stuff with tarps the night before they pour, so look out for that

Default Hudsons Site

They have completed the pour on the tower portion and have removed the insulated blankets so the cement could cure before it would freeze. That is quite a thick chunk of base foundation and I noticed they seemed to have removed the steel piling wall also that surrounded this base. I still don't understand why such an unusual shape and no inclusion yet of the largest caissons. I sure wish someone from any of the construction companies who would know about the technical details would post an explanation that we could understand. Very unusual in my opinion.

I'll be glad when you stop wondering out loud in a very 'concerned' fashion. Like, you're a broken record at this point.

Merry Christmas!

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    I'll be glad when you stop wondering out loud in a very 'concerned' fashion. Like, you're a broken record at this point.

Merry Christmas!
    If you are such a smart man, you should divulge your knowledge in regard to my and many others question. Then many of us could stop making a very "concerned" question and be as informed as you.

Page 95 of 143 FirstFirst ... 45 85 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 105 ... LastLast