Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 102 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    Oh I know we haven't missed much, but I'm curious how much we should expect to miss going forward. Hopefully it pops back up today
    If the camera feed was off for 2 years, you wouldn't have missed anything. In the meantime, Salesforce Tower, Wolf Point, Chicago - core is at 16 floors and steel at 4th floor

lol for the millionth time, nobody cares about these arbitrary comparisons. This site had a parking garage that took a year and a half to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    lol for the millionth time, nobody cares about these arbitrary comparisons. This site had a parking garage that took a year and a half to get rid of.
    Don’t engage the attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    If the camera feed was off for 2 years, you wouldn't have missed anything. In the meantime, Salesforce Tower, Wolf Point, Chicago - core is at 16 floors and steel at 4th floor
    Chicago would had kept the 912 ft height as thr original plan called for without the red tape and bureaucracy BS that Detroit has

Lol you obviously don’t follow Chicago high rise development. They get downsized all the time the only difference is it’s from a 1000+ ft super tall to a 800ft skyscraper.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Chicago would had kept the 912 ft height as thr original plan called for without the red tape and bureaucracy BS that Detroit has
    Chicago, the most corrupt city in the US, having no bureaucracy or red tape? AHAHAHAHA

Are we talking about the same Chicago here?

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Chicago, the most corrupt city in the US, having no bureaucracy or red tape? AHAHAHAHA

Are we talking about the same Chicago here?
    He's our latest city conspiracy theorist. Thinks that there's people in city government with agenda's that are more powerful than Duggan or even Gilbert.

And comparing Detroit with Chicago is not a good comparison. They have 20 buildings taller than the Ren Cen... 6 over 1000 ft.

Is it me or just by looking at the height and size of the block portion of the project this part will be huge. Will the tower portion be too skinny and short? Seems like they would've incorporated the two.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    Is it me or just by looking at the height and size of the block portion of the project this part will be huge. Will the tower portion be too skinny and short? Seems like they would've incorporated the two.
    Part of the plan was to have a "pass thru" plaza to connect Woodward with the triangular Skillman Library area.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    The block portion elevator tower isn't directly in the middle of the structure either which may be throwing things off for you. It will skew towards the public alley where the main entrance to the building will be.

The tower cranes began the self climbing process this week

How does it seem from ground level? Is it finally giving the impression of real progress?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    How does it seem from ground level? Is it finally giving the impression of real progress?
    Its just cranes and elevator cores on the ground level right now.

If that doesn't do it for you, you're gonna have to wait until the steel starts going up. No one really knows exactly when it will happen, but the current trajectory makes it look like that may happen some time around June. That said, steel still has to rise above the construction fence in order to be visible from the street, so call it July before we really see a structure rise

Here's a picture I took on Thursday 4/1 when I went downtown for my vaccine.

Name:  PXL_20210401_163912254.MP.jpg
Views: 2739
Size:  95.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    The block portion elevator towers are quite impressive already in terms of height. Saturday the big yellow pieces to elevate the crane were lined up and ready to go, visible from the street.

Based on yesterday's video, some work has started at the bottom of the tower portion of the site. Looks like some forms were set up.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Based on yesterday's video, some work has started at the bottom of the tower portion of the site. Looks like some forms were set up.
    Yep, looks like the elevator cores for the tower section. And you see the ramp going in for the garage, bottom right. This thing might finally be above ground level summer time, not counting the cores for the block portion. Finally!

Latest video, it's a Saturday, so the crew is lighter than normal.

Today’s video shows the concrete pour for the ramp.

I also am thinking the elevator cores for the block building are just about topped out. It seems their height has remained mostly unchanged for a few weeks now.

In Deadline Detroit this morning, LeDuff reports that a building permit was filed with the Federal Aviation Administration that reduces the height of the tower from 20 to only 11 stories. Also, no blueprints for the tower have been submitted to the city and are unavailable anywhere else. Covid has reduced office demand across the country. Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    In Deadline Detroit this morning, LeDuff reports that a building permit was filed with the Federal Aviation Administration that reduces the height of the tower from 20 to only 11 stories. Also, no blueprints for the tower have been submitted to the city and are unavailable anywhere else. Covid has reduced office demand across the country. Can anyone confirm?
    Here's the article, BTW:

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/arti...irs_to_nowhere

If this were true, honestly I wouldn’t blame Gilbert with everything going on with Covid. I’d be disappointed, but I’d understand. With that being said, LeDuff is an attention whoring twat who’s word means nothing to anyone. There’s a reason for his giant fall from grace and now he thinks he can get some points for hating rich people and pointing out the obvious to us.

I may hate LeDuff a little

Uh since when was the office block ever going to be 20 stories? This is the first time I ever heard that so not sure where LeDuff got his info from. The tallest I ever heard was 14 stories and 240 feet, but the faa filings going back to 2019 have all had it at 11 stories and 232 ft, so a slight downsize. So that article had no new information at all and is really just a non story with some misinformation sprinkled in, reminding me why I don’t read anything he writes.

I don't think this LeDuff guy even knows what he's talking about.
    He's reporting the 680' height like that's not old news and then he's saying the block was downsized to 11 "measly" stories. I don't recall the block EVER being 23 stories in height.

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    That is incorrect. If you look at architectural images dating back to 2017... all we see [above ground] is 11 stories. So Mr. LeDuff got his facts wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gistok; May-13-21 at 12:10 PM.