Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 86 of 143 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 96 136 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Is a parking structure still going into the development?
    IIRC... it was 700 cars underground parking.

Quicken is definitely going to need the office space down the line but I don't think that's going into the Hudsons block. I think they're trying to use the block to bring in other companies.

Quote Originally Posted by evo View Post
    Does anyone have a link to where the final plans are on the city website? That's public info and I never saw it reported either.
    I thought I read it in an article somewhere but I started digging and found this.
    https://detroitmi.gov/sites/detroitm...%2C%202020.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I thought I read it in an article somewhere but I started digging and found this.
    https://detroitmi.gov/sites/detroitm...%2C%202020.pdf
    [[From the Link) Detroit ZBA Meeting Dated April 28th, 2020
    Hudson Real Property LLC request variances to develop a 49 story, 680feet high Tower building to include 225,120 sq. ft. of Residential with 150units, 285,985 sq. ft. of Hotel and 11 story, 232 foot high Block Buildingto include 401,909 sq. ft. of Office, 127,334 sq. ft. of Event Space and 17,673 sq. ft. of Retail in a B5 Major Business District. This case is appealedbecause the Board of Zoning Appeals shall hear and decide appealsfrom and review any order, requirement, decision, or determination thatis made by an administrative official in the administration of this ZoningOrdinance, or any decision made by the Buildings and SafetyEngineering Department involving Conditional Uses, Regulated Uses, orControlled Uses, or any denial of a site plan by the Planning andDevelopment Department; Cubical Content Standard, No building orstructure, or part thereof, shall be erected, altered, or enlarged to sucha size or height that the cubical content of such building or structureabove the grade plan shall exceed the volume of a block or prism havinga height equal to three times the width of the widest street abutting thezoning lot upon which the building or structure is located or to belocated, and a base equal to the area of the zoning lot, provided, thattowers may be erected over and above the cubical content limit where360 per zoning ordinance – 680 feet proposed; The greatest horizontaldimension of the tower does not exceed 60 feet – 132 ft proposed and 12off-street loading zones are required – 6 are proposed. [[Sections 50-4-102 Appeals, 50-4-131 [[2&6) Permitted Dimensional Variances, Loadingand General Dimensional Standards, 50-13-201 Cubical Content and 50-4-121 Approval Criteria).AP

All I saw was a semantic argument over whether the actual tower was under construction and another [[probably the same person across multiple websites) troll claiming this is a fake project.

Looks like more of the first floor is being built in the far-side of the site.

To me the next big milestones for the projects are:
    1) Dirt ramp removal
    2) Steel rising
    3) First structural parts that rise above street level

[QUOTE=Scottathew;599972]Looks like more of the first floor is being built in the far-side of the site.

To me the next big milestones for the projects are:
    1) Dirt ramp removal
    2) Steel rising
    3) First structural parts that rise above street level

I'm still surprised there has been no real work completed on the tower side for maybe 6 months now. I continue to wonder what are they waiting for. The cement caissons I'm sure by now are cured and hard enough to take some weight. Maybe someone who knows could tell us the plan.

they've been excavating the caissons on the tower portion which is what they've been doing in the middle of the site as well.

Also looks like they did some pours.

Default Hudsons Site

they've been excavating the caissons on the tower portion which is what they've been doing in the middle of the site as well.

Also looks like they did some pours.
    Not on the tower side, they have done nothing since they uncovered the caissons and installed the sheet steel which was done when it was still winter.

Not true. You can see where they’ve uncovered more caissons to the right of the “pit” on the tower side. They’ve also poured some more columns along the wall out of view of the camera. They do seem to be working more on the block side though.

@bigboat: yes, you are right. They are just moving dirt around. Soon they will undo all the construction, unearth the caissons, and put the old Hudson's building back in there. Pretty sure the Clinton foundation and the pizza store in Brooklyn are involved in this. PEOPLE WAKE UP!

Now, moving on... any actually interesting observations about the site?

Do we know if the underground garage will extend the entire length of the site or just the block?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Do we know if the underground garage will extend the entire length of the site or just the block?
    I can't remember where, but I do remember seeing plans for a giant turn-table underground near Gratiot and Farmer. Trucks would pull straight in and go underground. They would park on the turn-table and it would spin them around so they could back up directly to a loading dock, unload, and pull straight out. I think that's the only part of the underground that isn't parking.

However, this is all out of memory and I'm sure there's things that have changed or are unknown to the public.

Today it looks like they are starting to remove the dirt ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    Today it looks like they are starting to remove the dirt ramp.
    I'd like to see how this happens. They've been using the ramp to remove the dirt. How do they remove the dirt with the ramp gone? I'm guessing they use the cranes?

I'd like to see how this happens. They've been using the ramp to remove the dirt. How do they remove the dirt with the ramp gone? I'm guessing they use the cranes?
    They load up the trucks with the dirt and the they drive up the r..... Wait a moment...

Or maybe they use an excavator with a really long claw?

Or maybe they use an excavator with a really long claw?
    Yep, this ^^

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=CR75;600064]@bigboat: yes, you are right. They are just moving dirt around. Soon they will undo all the construction, unearth the caissons, and put the old Hudson's building back in there. Pretty sure the Clinton foundation and the pizza store in Brooklyn are involved in this. PEOPLE WAKE UP!
    CR75 - you are too funny and I did get a laugh out of your response. Don't let anyone from Bedrock to see this as it might give them ideas. Maybe they are sorry now as things may just not work out. There are so many other proposed developments that went to the dumpster.

Hello folks!

The Hudson Site camera isn't working right now, looks like a victim of monthly updates

But I was able to grab a current [[as of this post) photo. Below is the photo plus two zoom-ins.

MrChrome, is correct, they are removing the ramp! So in a sense, yes, they are moving dirt around. They're moving the dirt up and out of the site so they can continue the progress!

The person who knows how to restart the process that makes the videos is out until next week. I'd be willing to bet there will be no activity until Tuesday, so we won't miss much. We should hopefully have the camera back up Tuesday next week.

Name:  WIN_20200904_14_46_52_Pro.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  zoom.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  283.4 KB

Name:  Zoom2.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  57.1 KB
    Last edited by Scottathew; September-04-20 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Maybe they are sorry now as things may just not work out. There are so many other proposed developments that went to the dumpster.
    You have spent most of your 90+ posts on this forum in this single thread, mainly being a Debbie Downer on the prospects of the Hudsons site.

Does this look like things not progressing to you??

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/attach...8&d=1599245551

Holy schnikes! The ramp, the ramp! 🤯😱

The ‘hole’ is looking much larger to me now that it is clean with all the large equipment out of it. Nothing down there that can’t be hooked in or out.

No one working today, but here's a view of the site today. Someone fixed the video system!

Default Hudsons Site

Gistok - I'm definetely not a "debbie downer" I look for some progress at Bedrock's Monroe Block development and after so much hullabaloo and a ground breaking now going on 2 years ago we see nothing. I look for something in the Mid development and again nothing, I'm just so afraid that Bedrock will change their mind as this development has already been scaled back so much since we were told the height was proposed to be 912.' But, I agree progress is being made at the "Hudsons site." I think those forms we see in the NE corner are used to pour a cement floor and then will be removed after the cement cures.

Does this look like things not progressing to you??

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/attach...8&d=1599245551[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by bigboat; September-06-20 at 07:47 AM. Reason: additional info

Page 86 of 143 FirstFirst ... 36 76 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 96 136 ... LastLast