There was a time when i would have been thrilled that another skyscrapper was being built... now, I would have rather seen ten 75 million dollar investments build on top of the many parking lots that ruin our density.

There are already so many empty lots, buildings, and storefronts with the sign Bedrock for lease on them... other than the big chain store retail chains that do not seem interested in anything outside of sommerset/greatlakes/novi/etc i do not see anything being able to afford to move in such large spaces. Hopefully the Nike store and the upcoming UnderArmour store can spark some people traffic to motivate others to join.

Besides... while things have gotten a little bit better, there just really isnt a market to fill up downtown... Metro detroit peeps would rather spend time at the mall on the weekend or a big box.

Know the market... it really is retail driven here in metro detroit, museums and other cultural things are quite empty on the weekend. Was at the DIA this past Sunday. Amazed at how empty is was... only in Metro Detroit is a museum like this empty on a Sunday and the Mall is packed.